Yes i am a retard now in ban land
Yeah...I am eventually looking to host a ..but in order to do that...I need to have a reputation of being able to effectively run them...so them people effectively sign-up for them.
So I host a couple of smaller tournaments. I can easily run and manage 20 person or so tournaments...but that's about the furthest I've got.
I am looking for around 64+ people this tournament.
It will start AFTER March 15th...perhaps sooner...depending on how sign-ups go. If I hit 64 quickly I might hold it open for a few more days...but I may just start it right away.
Here's the basic rules:
* It will use the current banlist.
* It will be Advanced Format.
* It will be Swiss, using my Mantis progam.
* We will use YVD as the main program with GameKing Online as an alternate.
* Anyone can join I simply require you have AIM. Just about everyone uses AIM and for the American TCG and online dueling I feel it is required. I have MSN too...it shouldn't be hard for anyone to get AIM...it IS free.
* EVERYONE should either have the ability to host or hamachi. If you can't do either...but can ONLY use GameKing you may enter...but this could be a deciding factor and ultimately cost you a round. Both players most agree to use whatever program. YVD or Gameking is allowed. YVD is the primary simply because it has been out longer and more people have it and it's faster.
* Each Round will last "roughly" one week. I figure you should be able to coordinate a time to duel your opponent within a week. For this tournament I will probably make it 10 days.
* It will be fun.
Most people will question the 2nd to last bullet..."one week."
I will probably make this period 10 days for this tournament to be safe.
But the big question is "what happens" if you don't duel? Well...I'll use the system I've been using for awhile now. Say 1 member is "active" and their opponent is "not active." Then the ACTIVE duelist should post their ACTIVITY in the forum response thread. The inactive person henceforth won't have time to post activity. One post a day is sufficient enough. Now...if that's not enough to determine a CLEAR winner...then step 2 happens. I look at my AIM. I'll have EVERYONE's AIM info put into a special AIM profile where I can see who's online. So I'll know who's lying or not. Now if that STILL doesn't help...or for the sake of argument, say two players are both online enough...but one is from Europe and one from the USA so they are always on at OPPOSITE times, but both are fairly active. Then...step 3...myself and my mini-war council decide if there are any deciding factors that could lead to a victor...in this situation...it is unlikely...so then finally step 4 happens...which isn't usually my favorite...but it is essentially a "coin toss". I flip a coin and the winner is chosen that way. So it is in BOTH players BEST interest to duel. If I have to do a "coin toss" on a CERTAIN player more than say...2 times...or 3 times...then that player is "dropped" from the tournament because they are CONSISTENTLY inactive.
There are a long list of other tools but I manage these tournaments very well.
So I am asking who would be interested...if so...please "sign-up" here...I'm looking to start this March 15th or sooner if I can get 64+ people. If interested...please post using THIS FORMAT:
username | AIM | any other info(Hamachi, MSN)
1. geolink | geolink23
2. deLir1um | ChaotiXx91 | Hamachi
3. MZAAZM | mzaazm | Hamachi
4. Master of Furballs | gstla2 | Hamachi
5. biggy | Divergancy
6. Gordy | Gordy014 | Hamachi