Sign in to follow this  
Nut

Inspiration

»Nut    671
to me it's more like progression. i mean a year and a half ago i was pretty much all over hollister and abercrombie. I still wear some items from those places casually just because I have so many, but obviously, I'm not buying any more. after that I moved into Express. now I'm getting into cardigans, low-end well-made plain shirts and polos like J-Crew and AA, and 511 jeans. One of these days I might get into raw denim and start looking hard online for stuff.

I kind of disagree with the other people in this thread about looking back though. was my hollister/abercrombie phase ill advised? maybe, but I don't really look at is "damn I dressed terribly then." i just kind of look at is as a step. because I mean, if you care about what you're wearing and continue to care, you're eventually going to arrive at that higher quality of clothing.

oh, one more thing. it's about quality and feel. for example, AE polos feel like cardboard when they're on you. however, J-Crew polos feel nice. in addition, AE polos probably won't last long at all, J-Crew will. while in High School I realize that almost no one's going to realize what I'm wearing, it still looks good and people know when something fits. and (I hope) as I get into college, more and more people are going to recognize and compliment while pushing away the dudes who think they're cool for wearing a tight abercrombie shirt.

well i agree that dressing like that is definitely a step, and when i say that i dressed terribly...it's no big deal really. i realize that i was young and the only reason i got into that stuff was because it was trendy and i thought it looked nice.

and it's not like i'm trying to be a rebel. i'd still shop at hollister and AE if i had never discovered the clothes i have now. they just plain look better, so i go with what i have now.

i feel ya on the express thing. duy and i started shopping at express when we wanted to move up, and it's a common step in the process. express' style, their style of fashion, is a great step up from AE/hollister/other mall brands kids wear.

and once again, had i never found the stuff that i wear now i'd probably still shop at express, too.

as long as you're happy with what you wear, that's all that will ever matter. truthfully i don't bash people for what they wear except here online because i'm kind of an asshole. it doesn't matter though.

[denis posts links]

if you like that first shirt denis i bet you'd like some of the other flannels that i've seen duy looking at a whole lot. they're like that but even nicer.

blueD    147

Yeah

I use to shop at hollister and other shitty mall brand. That's why we try to advise some people on this section on not making any more questionable purchases. We been thru that phase, so I don't see any harm of us giving some advice.

I'm just glad my style is more refined now and I'm perfectly happy.

»...Arson    7757

LOL DUY BUI WAS IN GRAN TORINO

Guest Primary   
Guest Primary
i see shirts in stores i like and i buy them.

i buy jeans that fit nicely.

hey me too man

blueD    147

pretty awesome tie, and knot.

2i78k1y.jpg

»Nut    671

quit being a faggot nigger cunt