Sign in to follow this  
Ryuuzaki

Orlando Tournament Report

»Ryuuzaki    2545

Friday: Friday night started off with my Dad and I going to the Tampa Bay Rays game. We watch a very good game, then watch them destroy the Marlins in the bottom of the 8th with B.J. Upton hitting a Home Run with 2 men on base, so they end up winning 7-3 (GO RAYS!). We leave then and this is when my YGO adventure begins. Kyle lives in St. Petersberg so it's like right down the street from Tropicana Field. I get dropped off and go into Kyle's house, I see my YGO buddies Dillian, Cooper, and Kyle, we also have to take Justin Meeks (Has down syndrome, goes to local) and Kurt (Looks like Garnecia Elefantis) because Kyle needs Gas money lol, they don't know what they're doing at all so it's pretty obvious they will just scrub. So I get in there and get the DaD I need from Dillian for my deck, so now I'm ready to playtest. I play Dillian's LS like 7 matches using my BW and get 7-0ed LOL, so by the end of the night I won end up 1-7 =\. Well, about 4 AM is when the drama starts, Justin Meeks keeps getting beat by Kurt in YGO and flips out about how he sucks and it would be a waste for him to go to Regionals cause he'll just do bad (Which is true by still lul). So he's like "I'm just going to walk home.." all depressed like, we're all like "uhh dude it's a 15 minute car drive, it'll take you forever, not to mention its 4 AM". So he barges out of Kyle's House and shit so we chase him down leaving Kurt to look out for him if he comes back. He somehow walks like down 3 blocks in a matter of 5 minutes (Us getting in the car), we stop and tell him to get in so we can take him home. So right now this is all pretty hilarious but I obviously can't laugh in front of the kid, plus I sorta feel bad because he does this shit often at the local. On the way home he says hes sorry, which is fine, but he also repeats "I think I'm just gonna lay low for a while, get the best cards, then rape the next regional" he says it probably 15-20 times in probably 5 different ways on the way home, and as soon as he gets out I'm like "Holy shit, how many times did he say that?" we're all like "rofl I have no clue but it was hilarious because this is the last regionals of the season for one, and it just sounded funny". So on the way home we keep repeating it because it's now our new meme, everyone keeps saying "Hey guy's guess what?" we're like what, then they say "I think I'm going to lay low for a while, get the best cards, then go rape the next regionals".

Saturday: So when we finally get back to Kyle's we all chill for a bit then get ready. I take a shower and brush my teeth because I like personal hygiene. We leave about 6:15 and listen to like the same 4 songs (Cascada - Every time We Touch, Flo Rida - Sugar, Lil Wayne - I'm Going In, Soulja Boy - Turn My Swagga On) about a million times. When we finally get to the regionals it's at some Ramada Hotel and I go enter and see some people I know (Allen, Ralph). I enter and pull a Forbidden Chalice Ultimate, so that basically gets my money back right away. Victor Nolen comes up to me and ask me where's Lux and Jonny and I tell him they couldn't come unfortunately and he qqs. I trade for the Armed Wing I need, so now my deck is 100% done, so I start tweaking it a bit. I decide I don't like Mind Control at all vs LS, vs BW Smash can be a lot more consistent in certain situations, and vs GB smash is 10x better, so basically every deck needs huge field presence to gain tempo and I figure Smash wrecks that in half, so I main it. I edit my side and decide to side Skill Drains for the GB/Synch Cat match-up, then Dust for the off match-up (Liked it better then decree because most of my traps I like to use), and also sided Roars against BW/LS/CS because it stops their messy combos when they have game. So after tweaking it, my deck looks like.

3|Crms|Blackwing - Bora the Spear

3|Crms|Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind

3|Rgbt|Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow

3|Rgbt|Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame

2|Crms|Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn

1|Rgbt|Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North

1|Ptdn|Dark Armed Dragon

///

1|Lob|Monster Reborn

3|Rgbt|Black Whirlwind

2|Ptdn|Allure of Darkness

1|Mrl|Mystical Space Typhoon

1|Ioc|Smashing Ground

1|Ptdn|Dark Eruption

1|Mrl|Giant Trunade

1|Mrd|Heavy Storm

1|Tlm|Brain Control

///

2|Eoj|Icarus Attack

3|Pgd|Reckless Greed

3|Mrd|Solemn Judgment

2|Lod|Bottomless Trap Hole

1|Lon|Torrential Tribute

1|Pgd|Trap Dustshoot

1|Mrd|Mirror Force

///

2|Crms|Dark Strike Fighter

2|Crms|Blackwing Armor Master

1|Rgbt|Blackwing Armed Wing

1|5ds1|Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth

1|Tdgs|Red Dragon Archfiend

1|5ds2|X-Saber Urbellum

1|Csoc|Black Rose Dragon

2|Crms|Arcanite Magician

1|Tdgs|Magical Android

1|5ds1|Colossal Fighter

1|Tdgs|Stardust Dragon

1|Tdgs|Goyo Guardian

-SIDE DECK-

3|Dcr|Skill Drain

2|Psv|Dust Tornado

1|Dp04|Cyber Dragon

3|Pgd|Gravekeeper's Spy

2|Fet|Threatening Roar

1|Crms|Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn

3|Glas|Light-Imprisoning Mirror

I like it a lot, and think it has a huge advantage vs every deck except maybe LS G1 if they open god. I go walk around a little more and see Eric from Dgz, we hang out and duel a little bit and he opens god with LS, but I come back with Colossal Fighter lol. So now the seatings are up and the Tournament begins. We give the judges our decklist and Round 1 Pairings go up soon after that.

Round 1: Blackwing Mirror (Hardest match all day)

I know this dude from an old local and we say what's up to each other, we start soon after that.

G1: Tough Game, goes back and fourth forever, but he ends up winning with Dark Strike Fighter.

G2: I OTK him on like turn 3.

G3: Another tough game. Goes down to the wire, I have out a Spy from a first turn play, I bring out Colossal when he's pretty high and run over his BW to put him at 4700 I'm at 8000. He Brains to put himself at 3900 takes Colossal and plays Storm to clear my 2 ST, chains DDV on Storm to clear my spy, and he sees my hand of 1 Torrential. He summons Bora and Gale to get around it attacks and ends. I draw Solemn, set both and end. He attacks sets one and passes. I draw Sirocco and I summon it, I pump it up to 5000 and run over Gale, he plays Icarus I Solemn and attack over his Bora for 3300 to put him at 600, he draws and T sets, I draw Reborn for Colossal and attack for game.

1-0

Round 2: Some Randy J OTK deck

G1: He like neg 5s himself on turn 1 with reloads and mallets to draw something, I attack and just otk him in the next few turns.

G2: I open with 3 Solemns and OTK him.

2-0

Round 3: Stun

G1: I open with like Solemn/Shoot, set both pass. I shoot his hand, it's like that Rock dude that is like Cyber but is Normal Summon, 2 Koaki Meiru Guardian, Oppression, BTH and something else I forgot, I sent back a Guardian. He summons the other Guardian Sets BTH and ends. I kill his rock dude with Smash and Summon Kalut with Whirlwind and attack, he summons the Normal dude attacks and I Kalut, he sets the Oppression and ends. I draw and bait out BTH with Shura, then summon Bora/Gale/Bora and Solemn his Oppression so I win.

G2: I OTK him on like turn 3 with DaD/DSF.

3-0

Everyone is 3-0 right now (Cooper, Kyle, Me, Dillian, Allen, Ralph). So we go to lunch break, I go with Allen and Ralph. We go to Golden Corrals and I stuff my face because I didn't eat anything all day. We get back to the Regionals and Round 4 goes right up.

Round 4: Gladiator Beast

G1: Wave/Gyzarus wins him the game, I have a hand of all Spells/BTH/TT and a Bora. He then has the defensive traps and uses Darius and Gyzarus to just beats my face.

G2: I sided in 3 Skill Drain, 2 Dust, Sirocco and Cyber for 3 Reckless, Eruption, Blizzard, Icarus, and Shura. Around turn 4 I end up OTKing him with Goyo and DSF, lol.

G3: It goes back and fourth for a while until he goes Wave and I chain Drain, he sorta is frustated sets a monster and ends. I make Armor Master because I have Icarus and Kalut and hit his f/d. Now what I'm thinking is his only out is a S/T destruction, because theirs no body high enough in GB with Drain out to get past 2500 atk, I beat him down for 5000 until he forces my Armor, I set Solemn and pass. He Summons GB I force and next turn Summon Bora and attack, he Cylinders I Solemn and Kalut in the DMG step for game.

4-0

Round 5: Tele-DaD with Oppressions lol

G1: I shoot his hand and he has ccv plague krebons and some other shit, I send back Plague because a monster wins me the game. He beats me down for a while until I finally draw a Monster for the OTK, and just smash his Krebons.

G2: I OTK him on like turn 3 lol.

5-0

Round 6: Lightsworn

G1: He goes Charge hits no LV4 LS, gets Lyla passes and mills no necros. I have Smash, Whirlwind, Bora, Shura, Gale, so I win.

G2: Goes back and fourth for a while but and early Solemn on my part lets him rip into a monster for Goyo to take my BW and I don't have an out, I lose.

G3: Goes back and fourth for a while too. I play around a lot of shit and Solemn his JD, he's left with a Lyla in defense with no necros left, I make Armed Wing and DSF for game.

6-0

I met Krisiwthak this round because he was hanging out with Vic, really chill guy, he liked my build and wished me GL. He ends up watching my next game and sees how fast it goes haha.

Round 7: Jake Mattern - Gladiator Beast (Got 1st in the Tampa Regionals with Gladiator Beast too, I call him the real Glad master)

G1: I go Whirl/Shura grab Kalut set Reckless, he goes sets 2 and ends. I draw and space his right one he chains space on my F/D and I chain Reckless and draw into Trunade. I Trunade the field and OTK.

G2: I have an OTK hand on turn 2 with Space for his lone f/d, sorry Jake.

7-0

Round 8 Kyle Gordan - Lightsworn (He drove me to the regionals)

G1: I go Shura/Whirlwind, grab Kalut and set space, I space his f/d which is CCV and SS Bora and Gale, turns out the F/D was Plague, I win.

After this I'm like I won't be a dick so I just scoop, we play it out for fun though, but we don't play serious. We smoke-screen and asked each other to take out 15 random, he took out 2 Solemn/2 Gale and added in 2 Dust, so I basically lost haha.

"7-1"

So Allen/Ralph/Dillian went x-2 and Kyle, Coop and I all top 8ed. I go in at 2nd place and Jake gets 1st because I scooped to Kyle (DAMN YOU JAKE!). Here's the Top 8.

1. Jake Mattern

2. Sean Thomas

3. William Fernandes

4. Samuel "Sleeper" Jones

5. David Cooper

6. Leroy Battles

7. Arthur Rodgers

8. Kyle Gordon

Top 8 Match: Arthur Rogers - Lightsworn

G1: He Charges and mills no LS, grabs Lyla and Mills 3 LS ends. I think for a minute, do I really want to risk it if he has Honest, I say yes. So I go double Whirlwind Shura, SS 2 Gales and Bora Half twice, run over the Lyla with Shura, he gives me a scare "Priority in the last step?" I pass and he graves Lyla and scoops up for G2.

G2: Goes back and fourth for a little while, I end up winning with a pumped up Bora hitting his Lyla then synchronizing for DSF in the MP2.

So I was pretty happy, we get our shit and leave. Cooper lost to Sam Jones because Sam crushed his whole hand LOL. Kyle lost because he got a deck check error and got a game loss with no side.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this weekend, hopefully I can get the money for nats. I'm looking to sell some shit (Forbidden Chalices 1 ULT, 3 D Prison, Sarco, Sirocco/Samnite Mat) PM me if you're interested.

Props

Basically not losing all day

Everyone else doing really well

Jake Mattern

Kriswithak

Victor Nolen

Everyone that rode in my car

Buying 3 Forbidden Chalice for 15$

Pulling an ULT Chalice out of my packs

Qualifying

Slops

None

»Ryuuzaki    2545

sorry guys my report sucks right now lol.

edit: added the deck i ran.

»Derezzed    1026
gj sean.

»Ryuuzaki    2545
gj on t4

Your friend is still a faggot, make new friends.

lol i tried to say hi to you, but you didn't seem to like me.

thanks guys.

KJG    2

Your my hero <3 We had a high percentage of top 8 in my car XD

ACP    33430

Your deck is pretty cool, running only 16 monsters was interesting. Congrats on the top8 bro; you deserved it.

»Derezzed    1026
so do i dude

Austinnnnn    59
gj on t4

thanks guys.

lol my bad for being a dick, I wasn't trying to be.

I just needed to chill.

Props

Basically not losing all day

Everyone else doing really well

Jake Mattern

Kriswithak

Victor Nolen

Everyone that rode in my car

Buying 3 Forbidden Chalice for 15$

Pulling an ULT Chalice out of my packs

Qualifying

:DD:wub:

i sold those chalices for you cheap b/c i figured later down the road you'll realize how MEh they are. otherwise they just look really fuckin' cool.

good job thouhg. way to pull it out for "not being in the game" for a while.

gj on t4

thanks guys.

oh AND

i think you actually met Pun (the REALLY BIG guyy). he's on our team. he was just saying he was austin to see what random shit you were gonna say.

»Ryuuzaki    2545
gj on t4

thanks guys.

oh AND

i think you actually met Pun (the REALLY BIG guyy). he's on our team. he was just saying he was austin to see what random shit you were gonna say.

i thought he was austin at first (was sorta like woah, not what i pictured) then said i was ryuuzaki and hes like idk who you are so I walked away.

Austinnnnn    59
gj on t4

thanks guys.

oh AND

i thought he was austin at first (was sorta like woah, not what i pictured) then said i was ryuuzaki and hes like idk who you are so I walked away.

I was the kid with he White polo/blue shorts.

lol

»Ryuuzaki    2545
gj on t4

thanks guys.

oh AND

lol

yeah, I know. I was talking to vic, then you walk up and start talking about how you got sacked and I say sup you said something like "go away" or something, i couldn't really hear you. that's when i'm like "guess he doesn't like me".

Austinnnnn    59
gj on t4

thanks guys.

oh AND

lol

yeah, I know. I was talking to vic, then you walk up and start talking about how you got sacked and I say sup you said something like "go away" or something, i couldn't really hear you. that's when i'm like "guess he doesn't like me".

lmfao my bad.

It's nothing personal, I was just in a shitty mood the whole day, that Allen shit and some of my shit got jacked at this event too ''/

I kinda over reacted the whole day, sorry for the terrible impression.

»Ryuuzaki    2545

lol it's all good, how are you getting to nats dude? cooper said he was staying with you