Sign in to follow this  
the marmalade

13K ?

so i need a car for college, what are the best options? idk much about cars.

hmm a hyundai Accent maybe?

-i dont have a job

-no used cars

+rei+    34636

13k usd?

1: Can you drive stick

2: How important is AC

+rei+    34636

I mean at 13k your options areb asically hyundai accent and kia rio. if you can go up another 2k you're in far better car territory

+rei+    34636

How do you plan on paying for gas and insurance?

+rei+    34636

Nissan Versa at $13 100 is prob your best bet, followed by the $12 205 Toyota Yaris. Both are gonna be stick cars though, though im pretty sure automatic in the yaris is only another $1200 which is still in your budget.

+rei+    34636

remember that automatic ads about $1k+ to a car and so does automatic

Go with the yaris and add AC and you should be fine. Car will last forever.

Model    864

And get laughed at lawl

thx for the help, ill go to Toyota(Yaris) and Dodge(Accent) Agency today

my friend has a versa so i know its a good car it was my first option, but like i saw the accent and its also very nice plus i get to save some money

what about a pontiac g3 is it good?

model: idgi x_x

+rei+    34636

Versa is better than pretty much every subcompact, it was just a BIT out of your price range. I dont like their looks at all, but i mean who cares about looks at this price. It and the yaris are both worth the money over th accent.

Model is a modder/cares about car performance. He's also an elitist bastard. A Yaris is not a car representitive of people who take cars seriously.

The G3 are peices of shit. The only pontiac worth money these days is the Vibe and thats only because its really a toyota.*

* the G8, a rebadged Holden Commodore is also nice but out of your pricerange

Model    864

I'm not an elitist =[

Honkey Kong    11

"mommy is going to spend 13 grand on a new vehicle for me"

"mommy is paying my gas and insurance"

do these mothers even consider the fact that they're not really doing their kids any favors by spoiling them rotten like this?

The best option for you, whether you like it or not, is to buy a better 2006 or a 2007 vehicle for the same price. Do you realy want some cheap, base model toyota or nissan that you're going to hate in like 2 years, or would you be willing to take a slightly older 2006, 2007, or even 2008 model that you're going to like 10 years down the road, and end up being a much better vehicle? 2006's and 2007 small trucks(like the ford ranger or the dodge dakota) are like down to the 12-14 mark in price, so you could easily find like a nice 07 Chev impala or a ford taurus or crown victoria for 10-12 grand. maybe even buy an 08 ford focus or chev cobalt for the same.

But, do whatever you want, I guess. If you want a versa, go for it. I'm just saying there's no law stating you absolutely have to buy brand spanking new.

+rei+    34636

Did you just seriously suggest a Taurus that didn't have the letters "SHO" after it?

I'd rather a versa.

[and, er, who the hell wants to drive a small truck? We dont all live in northern alberta]

Honkey Kong    11
and, er, who the hell wants to drive a small truck? We dont all live in northern alberta]

You would be quite suprised.

Model    864

OBJECTION!