Sign in to follow this  
rei

Should this be my next pimped out ride?

+rei+    34352

Ford_LTD_Crown_Victoria_sedan.jpg

$1000

has 202 000 km on it, ac, power windows, tragically autotranny, RWD, 300hp, comes with four studded winter tires

Model    864

For some reason I could see you cleaning this up and rollin in this xD

Honkey Kong    11
Ford_LTD_Crown_Victoria_sedan.jpg

$1000

has 202 000 km on it, ac, power windows, tragically autotranny, RWD, 300hp, comes with four studded winter tires

Let me guess, the 300 horse engine is a 351 windsor under the hood. if it was the 302, you're only pushing 210 hp tops.

A tip about these v8 fords, never put a 195 thermostat in them. use the 180's. your engine will run much better(which will give you slightly better gas milage) and the 180's are less likely to fail, too. My old LTD went through two 195's in 2 months, and my brother owned a lincoln town car with the same engine, that had the same problem. as soon as the 180's were put in it, gas milage improved and not nearly as many mechanical failures.

Basically, you got the same car as my grey bastard, with the exception of the motor and power windows. I just hope yours has the power seats like my old one did. it was one of the most comfortable cars I've driven.

+rei+    34352

Yea this is pretty much power everything.

I'm fairly sure its on the 351. I need to get a mech to look at it before i buy anyway.

Its looking like it wont pass emissions though, pisses me off as if it were an 87 it'd be fine

Honkey Kong    11
Yea this is pretty much power everything.

I'm fairly sure its on the 351. I need to get a mech to look at it before i buy anyway.

Its looking like it wont pass emissions though, pisses me off as if it were an 87 it'd be fine

It will pass emmissions testing.

What you do, is run it down to close to empty, and then you put 15-20$ of supreme, and put some of this stuff in it

http://www.crc-canada.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=143

Lets see, we got an 1989 chrysler 5th avenue to pass with this truck, an 1986 impala with the same trick, a 91 cavalier, a 91 Ram D50 to pass like this, my brother's 86 5th avenue and his 86 lincoln town car, as well as my old LTD.

And there's another cheap trick to fake a pass if you know what you're doing, but I forget what it is. It has something to do with turning something down on it.

+rei+    34352

28088d1237419285-fs-1987-ford-ltd-crown- this interior is pimp

though mine has power iwndows

┬╗PJ    4183

American cars look wierd as fuck.

(not bad for $1,000 though)

Model    864
American cars look wierd as fuck.

(not bad for $1,000 though)

You look wierd as fuck.

Honkey Kong    11

28088d1237419285-fs-1987-ford-ltd-crown-

This one is exactly the same as mine right down to the detail except for the color of the interior. My interior was red.

The thing that vexed me about the Crown vics and the grand marquis back in the 80's was the fact there was no oil pressure gauge, coolant temp gauge or even an amp gauge. the only way you know your engine was running too hot, or your alternator was on your way out, or your oil pressure was too low, is when the lights come on, and it's simply too late. Even my brother's 86 chrysler 5th avenue(the one he's fixing up to drive, just so he doesn't mile out his 05 dodge ram) has all of those gauges.

my mercury topaz was the same way, except it only had a temp gauge. I know if it had an amp gauge, I would have known my alternator was undercharging my batery on that -40 cold snap last december, It damn near stranded me on the side of the road, but luckily there was enough juice in the battery to get me to this small town, and some guy was rude kind enough to follow me with his high beams on to tell me my lights were out(yeah, no shit sherlock.)

yeah, that mercury was a big piece of garbage. 3 grand worth of repairs and only got 2000 kms worth of driving out of it. My dakota has surpassed that with only 400$ worth of repairs and gotten my 8000 kms and counting(100$ to replace a battery that was from the stone age, and 300$ for a rad that I had plenty of warning for before it blew like a 2$ hooker on blue balls night)

+rei+    34352

cant find a jap RWD thats belt-driven. And while northam has had some shit-reliability cars, the CV has always lasted for around 400k miles.

+rei+    34352

Can I please have some rationalization from the naysayers other than "lol old"?

Honkey Kong    11
Pretty nice, not gonna be too good on gas though :(

Yeah, no shit.

he's got the 5.8 litre engine if his stats about it having 300 horses is correct, which is a bigger engine than what my brother has in his truck.(5.7 litre hemi) even then, it gets 18 mpg

But, according to this website,

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/Feg/findacar.htm

it's 14 mpg average. 11 in town, and 17 highway.

Considering I got 500 kms to a tank of gas with my LTD, which only had a 56 litre tank.

+rei+    34352

its only the 4.9L engine, it was misquoted.

I only drive around 50k a week so im not too worried about fuel cost.

Honkey Kong    11

they only made the 5.0L 302's for that particular year range, unless the engine was replaced, or the guy who's selling it is on crack.

So it's exactly the same as my old one in that case, and those cars are good on gas. you can get up to 22 mpg highway with those cars(I can easily confirm that fact for myself), and that's really good for any vehicle that size. my dakota doesn't even get that kind of gas milage, which goes the same distance on a 70 litre tank.

Bill Cosby    68
they only made the 5.0L 302's for that particular year range, unless the engine was replaced, or the guy who's selling it is on crack.

So it's exactly the same as my old one in that case, and those cars are good on gas. you can get up to 22 mpg highway with those cars(I can easily confirm that fact for myself), and that's really good for any vehicle that size. my kakota doesn't even get that kind of gas milage, which goes the same distance on a 70 litre tank.

Its known as the 5.0 Liter, but its displacement (4942 cc) rounds to 4.9 Liters. <+<

Honkey Kong    11

So it's exactly the same as my old one in that case, and those cars are good on gas. you can get up to 22 mpg highway with those cars(I can easily confirm that fact for myself), and that's really good for any vehicle that size. my kakota doesn't even get that kind of gas milage, which goes the same distance on a 70 litre tank.

Its known as the 5.0 Liter, but its displacement (4942 cc) rounds to 4.9 Liters. <+<

Well fucking sorry. I forgot.