Sign in to follow this  
rei

Johnny Depp to become the highest paid actor of all time

+rei+    34993

I dont think orlando bloom was offered a role.

»Nut    671

will smith still makes more money in his movies.

From advertising.

Vintage Converse, Batman posters, Audi dickriding, among others.

Wintermute    3
wow, what an idiot. depp is easily one of the best actors still consistently acting today.

Wow. You've changed my mind then.

Despite this pithy, scathing comeback I will carry on not having a clue what all the big deal is about Depp.

Note: he is not totally shit or without acting merit; plus I have seen worse actors who have been put in higher regard. But then again, taste is taste, and this poor little Brit must just have a peculiar taste for actors, since I don't seem to be getting any love in my anti-Depp crusade.

Whatever, you all know and are sick of my opinion by now.

+rei+    34993

Dude you called Casey Affleck and Jackie Earle Haley better than Depp, your opinion is like Igor talking about music.

Wintermute    3
Dude you called Casey Affleck and Jackie Earle Haley better than Depp, your opinion is like Igor talking about music.

I haven't been here long enough to get the reference, but I get the gist.

Yeah that comment didn't win me much love, although it may have been misinterpreted. My point was that Casey Affleck is UNDERexposed as relative to the absolutely brilliant acting work that he's done in several films. On the other hand, I don't feel that Johnny Depp has, in my eyes, portrayed any truly brilliant characters particularly well or with magnificent subtlety, he seems to just apply a broad stroke of quirkyness to his roles when required.

+rei+    34993

>Casey Affleck

>Brilliant acting work

»Frantic    661

We're pretending that actors quotas aren't based on what their movies expect to gross rather then their talents?

He's getting paid a shitton for POTC4 because it's going to make at least like $500 million and they're saving $10-20 million by getting rid of Bloom/Knightley.

Cool thread guys.

»Sky    978
>Casey Affleck

>Brilliant acting work

someone needs to rewatch GBG

Good shit, I think I need to rewatch it too.

»Nut    671

From advertising.

i get your post but still, just off of what he actually gets from the studio, he makes more than probably any actor on the planet.

+rei+    34993

From advertising.

i get your post but still, just off of what he actually gets from the studio, he makes more than probably any actor on the planet.

The entire point of this topic is that he doesn't, ne?

»PJ    4183
Johnny Depp: "Those Pirates movies are artistically stifling and unchallenging."

Movie Studio: "We'll give you $30M."

Depp: "ARRRRRRRRR"

lol

Also, holy shit somebody's making more money than Ryan Seacrest.

»Liquid Snake    4567

Dare I say that Wintermute is mostly right here? You can't justify Depp being a fantastic actor by saying that the POTC films are enjoyable to watch because they aren't.

We're pretending that actors quotas aren't based on what their movies expect to gross rather then their talents?

He's getting paid a shitton for POTC4 because it's going to make at least like $500 million and they're saving $10-20 million by getting rid of Bloom/Knightley.

Cool thread guys.

closethread.

+rei+    34993
Dare I say that Wintermute is mostly right here? You can't justify Depp being a fantastic actor by saying that the POTC films are enjoyable to watch because they aren't.

When was that ever said or even implied?

Wintermute    3

Cool thread guys.

closethread.

You've got balls lol, I dared to speak out against Depp and look what's happening to me; getting jumped on by a bunch of Depp fangirls. Although I am glad to see the few posts appreciating the work of Casey Affleck and the sheer fucking brilliance that is Gone Baby Gone.

+rei+    34993

Full discloser: Haven't seen GBG. Will watch it.

But you're getting really defensive without actually bringing cohesive points to the table

Wintermute    3
Full discloser: Haven't seen GBG. Will watch it.

But you're getting really defensive without actually bringing cohesive points to the table

WHY do I have to?! I gave my opinion on him, and I have tried to reinforce that by saying that I have, indeed, seen those films, and that I have not been very impressed. What technical reasons can I give if, personally, I don't like the way he acts?

And as for the tidbit about me not making my points cohesive, what the fuck is incohesive about them? If you can't understand the simple fact that I don't like Johnny Depp, then that's your fault. You seem to have trouble grasping it, stop raging plz k thanx

+rei+    34993

here's the thing, you're equivocating Dislike to Lack of Ability. That's pretty daft, dude.

I hate Led Zeppelin. I don't go around saying "LZ are a pretty bad band" Okay I do but i know its wrong anyway

Instead you prattle on about how he hasn't performed well without having examples/evidence/actual credibility other than attacking him for 'killing' a character that he played exact;y as originally written