Sign in to follow this  
GucciMane

Post a Pic of your Computer thread

+rei+    34864

5JPG_s.jpg

1JPG_s.jpg

3JPG_s.jpg

2JPG_s.jpg

House under construction right now. I go through like a can of dustoff like every two weeks : (

+rei+    34864

Yea, the dust is pissing me off. Making it hard to sleep at night too

+rei+    34864

Those LEDs came with the ram and you didn't add it later for shits nad giggles right?

GucciMane    0

Well, I just burnt 700 CAD (including tax and shipping on a 5970)

going to go return my rent-a-260 to future shop once I get it.

GucciMane    0

shits a monster man. 13" long card

Just like my cock.

gigitygigitygigitygoooooooooooo

+rei+    34864

Do you have a 30" monitor?

[also why would you buy a card from future shop]

Are there even 5 decent DX11 games coming out in the next 6 months? Why would you need a $700 videocard when a $180 card maxes most things at 1920x1200. I can understand buying a 5870, but getting a crossfire card in this current climate is retarded, especially considering that ATI's drivers still suck dick.

It's your money man, I just don't understand what drove you to spend it like that.

»Nut    671

ok, time to post some pics. this rig was built in march of this year, and has served me well. i only play CS 1.6, CS:S, and tf2.

ok, over-view of my entire setup. my rig, mouse, mousepad, and keyboard are all fine. the monitor is a bit of a problem...but we'll save that problem for another day.

Monitor: emachines

Keyboard: $10 microsoft

Mouse: microsoft intellimouse 3.0

Mousepad: steelpad 5l

photo1.jpg

OK, here's a front shot of my case. it's a centurion 5. when i was younger (around 14) it was always my goal to build my own gaming computer. i never had a job that young so i always built new wish-list rigs on newegg for fun...this was the case i always used. it's the case that my local PC cafe uses for all of their PCs and i just love how it looks.

photo2.jpg

OK, once we jump inside my case you can check out some of my components. it's a bit messy in there...that's a project i'm saving but i'm sure i'll get in there one day to organize it and make it tidy. the giant HSF is an arctic freezer 7 pro and it is about 4 times the size of the stock intel HSFs. my video card is a 4650 (thanks ash haha)

photo3.jpg

last but not least, a closeup shot of my HSF and video card. the HSF really is a monster.

photo4.jpg

GucciMane    0
Do you have a 30" monitor?

[also why would you buy a card from future shop]

Im going to run 2x 24" 3840x1200 eyefinity

I bought it at future shop because there no re-stocking fee and you can just return shit for no reason. ( I was planning to buy a 5970 when it was released.)

ATI drivers have been fantastic lately. This card also has the highest binned 5870's in it. It also has vapor chamber cooling. Their basically impossible to come by right now and probably won't be a commonly in-stock card because of the highly binned chips needed for this card to operate at proper voltages and heat regulations.

You need at least 3 monitors, otherwise the bezel will fuck shit up. You could have easily ran 3 24" monitors on a single 5870.

+rei+    34864

yea you'll want a third monitor for that.

That said id rather 5890 for three monitors due to the rare myth of slight futureproofing

That's on a single 5870, and running on 3 30" monitors. I personally wouldn't even bother trying a trip-monitor setup until someone releases a quality monitor with a 2.5 millimeter or smaller bezel. It's a cool setup none-the-less.

+rei+    34864

Because buying a top end video card for a game that isnt out yet is always a good call

nut, your heatsink is backwards. You have it blowing hot air back towards the CD drive rather than out the back.

»Nut    671

i thought so too, but i couldn't get the adapter connected that way so i just threw it on there.

JayReel    1
i thought so too, but i couldn't get the adapter connected that way so i just threw it on there.

at least make sure the fan is sucking in and exhausting out the back and not trying to suck air in and blow it into the case...

L@rry    16

ATI wouldn't make the card if there wasn't a market for it.

Samsung has these triple monitor kits that has something like connecting bezels.