ACP

Modern Format Discussion

1385 posts in this topic

I assume you're referring to Conscription combo? Seems bad in extended.

Ive been testing a Bant Lark Deck as well as Uwr Walker control, I always have games with the Bant Deck where im sitting in this position to Tutor up a Sovereign eot With Shaman and end the game its just the space is so tight,

Has anyone started brewing for the new extended yet? GP atlanta is coming up.

Has anyone started brewing for the new extended yet? GP atlanta is coming up.

I have been thinking about some kind of BUG control deck. Essentially a U/Bcontrol deck plus maelstrom pulse

Elaborate.

Elaborate.

Not sure I can. Control decks are reactive meaning going into specifics this early would be useless I was just thinking that a deck with permission and pulse could be good. We will have to wait and see though depending on how things shape up it could be a complete flop.

At this point I'm pretty set on Vat Control, it has a good matchup against everything besides Fairies, which are fairly nonexistent ATM.

I'm playing some sort of blue deck with Vat as well, Vendilion Clique and Mulldrifter are straight up retarded with it.

I've been playing Trap Ramp and it's lots of fun and quite good. T4 Primetime and Iona is nice.

Decklist?

Sure.

1 Razorverge Thicket

1 Murmuring Bosk

1 Sejiri Steppe

1 Mutavault

4 Mosswort Bridge

5 Forest

4 Verdant Catacombs

3 Misty Rainforest

4 Windbrisk Heights

1 Stirring Wildwood

4 Noble Hierarch

4 Birds of Paradise

4 Lotus Cobra

4 Primeval Titan

4 Knight of the Reliquary

4 Nest Invader

4 Baneslayer Angel

3 Iona, Shield of Emeria

4 Summoning Trap

1 Tectonic Edge

1 Bojuka Bog

4 Great Sable Stag

3 Burrenton Forge-Tender

1 Ranger of Eos

1 Iona, Shield of Emeria

4 Kitchen Finks

Is the list I last used. I wanna change the Ranger package. Not enough red decks for it. Want more cards for Merfolk and Jund, because that's what I've played against the most.

not going to atlanta this time around.

For extended I'll probably go to PTQ's and run Jund due to lack of creativity and i have a lot of the stuff, only missing like 2 BBE and 2 Pulses. WW might be another option too for similar reasons.

I love this format!

I went searching though all ext. cards to try find something new. I think I found it. I need to test the deck a bit, but if it's good I will post the list.

Some of the cards it has are; Nim Deathmantle, Thoptor Foundry and some other spice... and some infinite combos. I love the potential look of this haha.

Also, I've been working on that UB Polymorph a bit. Changed quite a few cards, and works far more consistently. Feels sort of similar to DD of last ext season. It's so raw vs that Vivid control deck.

I like this format alot. It has lots of decks that look interesting. I like the look of the Artifact deck, U/B Polymorph, and Trap Ramp. Scapeshift seems pretty cheap, it might be pretty popular online.

Current Jund list.

4 Bloodbraid Elf

4 Putrid Leech

4 Boggart Ram Gang

4 Demigod of Revenge

3 Anathemancer

2 Sygg, River Cutthroat

4 Maelstrom Pulse

4 Blightning

2 Lightning Bolt

4 Thoughtseize

3 Mountain

3 Swamp

2 Forest

4 Reflecting Pool

4 Savage Lands

3 Blackcleave Cliffs

2 Graven Cairns

2 Fire-lit Thicket

2 Twilight Mire

4 Great Sable Stag

4 Kitchen Finks

3 Volcanic Fallout

2 Thought Hemorrhage

2 Lightning Bolt

Thoughtseize and Anathemancer are soooo good this format.

How does 4cc matchup vs owmen/wargte valukut decks?? I'm starting out in magic and I have no past testing or expeirment other then valkut main objective is to ramp then burn with mountains..lol

Well, the Wargate combo deck is based off of Scapeshift mostly; it's not like Standard Valakut Ramp. As with most Combo vs Control matchups, it's simply up to how fast the Combo deck ends up going off and how well prepared the Control deck is. Most Scapeshit decks seem to be going with Blue themselves so that they can effectively counter any attempts to stop their combo, but that slows down their clock a bit. Scapeshift can combo into a win as early as turn 5 on occasion, but you definitely need to be prepared by turn 6 or 7 to counter their efforts. Your main goal playing as Cruel Control should be to avoid Scapeshift, obviously, but the Scapeshift deck can still do considerable damage with just Valakut and Omens. If you have enough counters available then you should negate some of their early ramp to buy you some time until they Scapeshift, because they can't do anything to you until they start comboing. You should try to keep Omens off the field as much as you can, whether it be with Esper Charm or a bounce with Cryptic and Counter support.

Runed Halo and extra Enchantment destruction are good sideboard cards for the matchup. Also remember that once they have 6 lands and Omens they can combo out with Scapeshift and win.

Well, the Wargate combo deck is based off of Scapeshift mostly; it's not like Standard Valakut Ramp. As with most Combo vs Control matchups, it's simply up to how fast the Combo deck ends up going off and how well prepared the Control deck is. Most Scapeshit decks seem to be going with Blue themselves so that they can effectively counter any attempts to stop their combo, but that slows down their clock a bit. Scapeshift can combo into a win as early as turn 5 on occasion, but you definitely need to be prepared by turn 6 or 7 to counter their efforts. Your main goal playing as Cruel Control should be to avoid Scapeshift, obviously, but the Scapeshift deck can still do considerable damage with just Valakut and Omens. If you have enough counters available then you should negate some of their early ramp to buy you some time until they Scapeshift, because they can't do anything to you until they start comboing. You should try to keep Omens off the field as much as you can, whether it be with Esper Charm or a bounce with Cryptic and Counter support.

Runed Halo and extra Enchantment destruction are good sideboard cards for the matchup. Also remember that once they have 6 lands and Omens they can combo out with Scapeshift and win.

Leyline of Sanctity > Runed Halo, also most wargate decks now run 1-2 copies of Scapeshift and usually win without it.

The combo is Primatic Omen + Valakut. Wargate conveniently searches for both. Scapeshift is not needed to win. Wargate beats 4cc from my experience. It's pretty hard for control to beat a land.

So what do you think the best deck to play in a format full of valkut?? Faries to try and race them or jund?

It isn't that hard to beat the Wargate decks G2/G3 with 4CC.

So what do you think the best deck to play in a format full of valkut?? Faries to try and race them or jund?

I've been saying for awhile that the best deck is Faeries.

I played Uw an lost on the Bubble at the Gp Finished 6-2-1 My draw was to a mythic deck loses were to the mirror and to Scape shift.