ACP

Modern Format Discussion

1385 posts in this topic

It's really not that good vs tron anyways

Explain pls.

It depends on what deck you're running. Blood moon will certainly slow down tron, but If you're not killing them before turn 6, they're still going to win anyways.

Agreed.

Also ooo nature's claim/OGW green mana enchament removal.

What are alternatives?

if u do play blood moon u want it at the top of ur curve as opposed to towards the bottom i.e. so u want ur deck to look like zoo or straight ur delver as opposed to uwr control. in a straight control or midrange deck u gonna tap out for blood moon, draw go for a million turns and they draw the out n kill u every uwr player knows this feel

merfolk with spreading seas seems to solve for at least some of these issues and it placed a lot at that scg classic joint that jus happened

if u do play blood moon u want it at the top of ur curve as opposed to towards the bottom i.e. so u want ur deck to look like zoo or straight ur delver as opposed to uwr control. in a straight control or midrange deck u gonna tap out for blood moon, draw go for a million turns and they draw the out n kill u every uwr player knows this feel

merfolk with spreading seas seems to solve for at least some of these issues and it placed a lot at that scg classic joint that jus happened

Spreading seas is one of the few reasons to play merfolk to be honest.

one of the rug delver decks also had 3 spreading seas in the side. it is so good

Agree a lot.

While spreading seas does a good job slowing them down, if you don't draw it/a fast enough draw, tron destroys merfolk from what I can tell (coverage/friends who play both decks etc.)

Anyone going to GP Detroit next month?

Old friend of mine talked me into playing modern on thursday nights after not playing mtg for 2 years. Local seems to be dominated by Tron and Affinity, with a couple random combo decks like Ad Nauseum and Burn. Collected Company seems like a fun card so I threw this together: 

4 Loam Lion

4 Tarmogoyf

2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

2 Leonin Relic Warder

2 Kataki, War's Wage

3 Qasali Pridemage 

1 Phyrexian Revoker

4 Flickerwisp

4 Knight of the Reliquary

2 Lingering Souls

4 Path of Exile

1 Life from the Loam

4 Collected Company

4 Windswept Heath

4 Ghost Quarter

6 Plains

1 Forest

3 Temple Garden

1 Godless Shrine

2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin

Ignoring the quality of the deck itself, I'm looking at various matchups. I like to think I'm mainboarding enough hate to beat the various affinity shitters, and the general artifact hate seems like it's good across the board at my local. Is there anything good to board to deal with Tron? I imagine what I have in the main isn't even close to making the matchup playable. At the moment I'm boarding Teeg and a couple Pithing Needles, but I'm curious if there's better cards I could run. 

Similarly, is there a better white 1-drop than fucking Loam Lion? Or am I just fucked unless I want to go heavier into Green for Noble Hierarch? 

sideboard multiple stony silence. Very good against tron, and necessary against affinity.

I don't think there's anything else than Hierarch. And yeah, Stony Silence is good.

Yeah that was a great moment.

The eldrazi deck is pretty absurd.I was pretty close to the cfb list,but i missed chalice of the void, which seems to have over performed.

That UR Eldrazi deck seems amazing. I love playing draft all-stars in modern

Twin was banned for this?

Twin would've been awful vs this Eldrazi deck.

This was an aggressively mediocre PT viewing experience.

Long live standard PTs.

Long live standard PTs.

What if legacy was not kill

new sig

Long live standard PTs.

What if legacy was not kill

I just feel like we are very far from that.  I would so much rather have an extended PT than modern/legacy PT (vintage...OK).

I am very happy with the T8 though.  It is a shame Jason Chung (sqlut) got 9th, we are HS buds.

new sig

Sigs off 4 life.

Hadn't expected auch Eldrazi Dominance to be honest

in all fairness, i don't think twin would have been able to police the eldrazi deck, pretty sure it would just run twin over. There's only so much you can do about a deck playing 8 sol lands in modern with an actual curve.

#suchdiversity

In the interest of competitive diversity, Splinter Twin is banned from Modern.

Oh really? (6 Eldrazi, 2 Affinity) Probably least diverse Pro Tour Top 8 ever. Even PT Berlin wasn't this bad.

man the echo in here in crazy. We might need to get that looked at

The top 8 has 6 eldrazi. I was reading about the possibility of eye of ugin getting banned.