ACP

Modern Format Discussion

+Gemstone Mine    2602

seriously tho, I'm not actually sure which is better. u/r seems better vs eldrazi decks, but colorless w/ chalice seems better against everything else.

Audioslayne    902

seriously tho, I'm not actually sure which is better. u/r seems better vs eldrazi decks, but colorless w/ chalice seems better against everything else.

I'm gonna say the U/R deck is just the straight better choice.  A lot of people will dickride the cfb list because its from cfb, and the more a tournament progresses you're just going to play mirrors or vs the colorless.  Even in the early rounds I think the brute strength of the accelerations makes you at least even or better against the rogue decks/the rest of the field. 

Also I've noticed a lot of people panicking when planning for any eldrazi matchup and trying to decide how to beat chalice and not focusing on how to beat the value/acceleration which is where I think the focus should be. 

https://twitter.com/boss_mtg/status/697315656824418305

Tom Ross on twitter

"Just went a little less than 50/50 playing Aggro Shops (likely best deck in Vintage/Magic right now) vs Modern Eldrazi Aggro. Messed up."

To be fair people point out that Aggro Shops is meant for a different meta. But still crazy.

• Upvote 2

+mmf    23264
rofl

+Gemstone Mine    2602

[spoiler]

4 Eldrazi Mimic
3 Endbringer
4 Endless One
4 Lodestone Golem
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Mox Diamond
3 Trinisphere
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Wasteland

[/spoiler]

and so it begins.

+Gemstone Mine    2602

that's a legacy version of the modern deck, courtesy of a legacy mtgo daily (players name was tenjum, wonder if it's andrew). All it really did was replace some cards for the better legacy version (waste>quarter, the sol lands over the manlands, a couple legacy metagame calls), but functionally it is the same deck with a bit more consistency (the modern version pretty sure you mull to a sol land, pretty sure you never have to mull with this deck for a sol land)

"Make this deck more consistent and play it in legacy" is probably not a good sign for how this is going to work out for modern.

»Turkey    1547

that's a legacy version of the modern deck, courtesy of a legacy mtgo daily (players name was tenjum, wonder if it's andrew). All it really did was replace some cards for the better legacy version (waste>quarter, the sol lands over the manlands, a couple legacy metagame calls), but functionally it is the same deck with a bit more consistency (the modern version pretty sure you mull to a sol land, pretty sure you never have to mull with this deck for a sol land)

"Make this deck more consistent and play it in legacy" is probably not a good sign for how this is going to work out for modern.

Yeah, it was me. I was playing it to prove a point, but it turns out the deck is busted in Legacy too.

• Upvote 1

+Gemstone Mine    2602

meanwhile adarkar wastes tripled in price, worship doubled, ensaring bridge doubled, simian is still holding at double down from 4x, chalice is holding at 2x down from 3x, gemstone cavern is holding strong at 3x, all of the affinity stuff is trending upwards.

where is your god now

• Upvote 2

+Gemstone Mine    2602

I'm kind of curious to see if modern can last 2 months before shadows for a banned list to drop or is going to implode from pure price speculation alone. As it stands pretty sure modern is eldrazi affinity or gtfo, so that's only going to get worse.

Mutavault    2905

but hey, we found that competitive diversity wizards was talking about!

You can play any color! so long as it is eldrazi

Devoid is not a color ;)

• Upvote 1

sisicat    172

but hey, we found that competitive diversity wizards was talking about!

You can play any color! so long as it is eldrazi

They did balance all the colors, they're all equally shit.

+Gojira    1732

Anyone interested in buying affinity on MTGO? can sell it for tickets too

yes

message me the details

No guarantee we can work something out, but i'm interested

+Gemstone Mine    2602

so I'm going to call this now before the list drops: Mox Opal is going to get banned.

if wizards takes the hint and takes a wide swing at modern right now, temple/eye, mox opal, goryo's vengance are going down hard, maybe something out of infect and simian spirit guide as well.