ACP

Modern Format Discussion

1385 posts in this topic

I'm building Jund w/ 4x Thoughtseize for an upcoming PTQ, thoughts

Seems like a good matchup vs Fairies whereas Valakut isn't so much

unless there's a Vkut build that rapes Faeries of course

Ben Stark posted an article on CF last week about the Valakut build he used at Atlanta, he said Fae was not that difficult of a matchup. He boarded Fallouts, Stags, and Combusts from what I recall, might have had some Fallouts MB and not SB.

4 Goblin Bushwhacker

4 Goblin Guide

4 Memnite

4 Ornithopter

4 Signal Pest

4 Chimeric Mass

4 Devastating Summons

4 Kuldotha Rebirth

4 Mox Opal

2 Lightning Bolt

1 Burst of Speed

1 Panic Spellbomb

16 Mountain

4 Contested Warzone

4 Forked Bolt

4 Goblin Assault

3 Magma Spray

2 Koth of the Hammer

2 Sword of Body and Mind

If I go to a ptq this weekend, this is what I'm running. I had limited options but this seems fun and it's honestly not that bad. Kitchen Finks is the only card in extended that hurts this that isn't in standard. I'm also going to try out adding fetch lands to the main and siding Ranger of Eos and maybe Path, which seems okay.

What's everybody playing lately? I'm having a real problem figuring out a deck to play that will not just suck. I would just play faeries but I just feel like killing myself due to boredom while playing it....

So I ended up x-3ing the ptq with Kuldotha, didn't expect much more than that. Two of my friends topped the ptq, though, including one who converted from ygo recently as well.

4 Court Homonculus

4 Master of Etherium

4 Memnite

4 Ornithopter

4 Ranger of Eos

4 Tidehollow Sculler

4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

4 Mox Opal

4 Springleaf Drum

4 Tempered Steel

4 Thoughtseize

1 Thopter Foundry

4 Darkslick Shores

4 Marsh Flats

4 Plains

4 Seachrome Coast

4 Swamp

4 Duress/Spell Pierce

4 Path to Exile

4 Stoneforge Mystic

1 Go for the Throat/???

1 Sword of Body and Mind

1 Sword of Feast and Famine

I can either go to a yugioh regional in Detroit or an extended ptq in Indy this weekend, if I go to Indy this is what I'll be running. I obv have to cut five cards in the main, just not sure what yet, I'll be testing throughout the week. It sure does feel good every time I drop a turn 2 Tezzeret lol.

Going to a Extended PTQ this weekend and playing jund. Any tips for matchups cause im new to playing extended.

Pack ways to kill swords, Henry.

yea swords are retarded and where everywhere.The fact that I just learned the deck night before plus no rest didnt help.Gotta prepare for the Gp coming to my city

Ya...Basically just draw well with Faeries every time and you don't lose. If you don't believe me, ask the winner of the Vancouver ptq...t2 bitterblossom every game. Either that, or win the pairing lottery.

ITT: Discuss Modern.

ITT: Discuss Modern.

Its prob gonna be a bad format and ill be playing a bad control deck since zoo is gonna be so popular.

The formats fine, it's just really dumb that it's main purpose was to be a non-rotating format with lower prices than legacy, but the format hasn't even had a major tournament yet and prices are already through the roof ($35 Vendilion Clique, etc.) and only going to get worse as the popularity increases.

The V-Clique price was a shocker to me, considering throughout the Extended PTQ Season/Legacy it never topped 12.

Tbh, it's probably because Star City is mad that Modern was made so people don't have to overspend to play Legacy anymore, which directly effects their business, so they decided proper revenge would be to just manipulate the market on Modern prices, too.

To be fair, nearly every blue, non-combo Legacy deck is running multiple Cliques now.

Yeah, but that's been true for months, but Clique just now shot up in price. Also, shock lands jumped to $35 each, too. If we get a modern ptq format, they'll probably jump to 50+ each.

However, I guess it's not just Star City's fault this time. Grove of the Burnwillows jumped to $15-20 on ebay. Pretty ridic shit.

Yeah, but that's been true for months, but Clique just now shot up in price. Also, shock lands jumped to $35 each, too. If we get a modern ptq format, they'll probably jump to 50+ each.

However, I guess it's not just Star City's fault this time. Grove of the Burnwillows jumped to $15-20 on ebay. Pretty ridic shit.

Blame the market Ie the people there fucking retarded.

lol'd

Squadron Hawk is pretty busted, apparently. Vintage, you're next!

lol'd

Squadron Hawk is pretty busted, apparently. Vintage, you're next!

Something's gotta stop all those Slash Panthers!