{Yara}

Constructed Standard Discussion

3693 posts in this topic

What are everyone's thoughts on the standard metagame and the new decks to beat will be?

We all seen the Pro tour where the new "Boss" naya deck took lsv to a 16-0 record but still got destroyed by jund neither Uw control or Vampires made it in to top 8 but both are very strong decks so what will you run for standard now?

Edit by Allenpennington: The purpose of this thread is to discuss what the top tier decks in standard are. This thread will be pinned.

I like Naya, but I'd probably run Jund if I was going to a competition. Cascade is just ridiculous.

Jund > everything

I cant play jund not the older ways anyway like it hated me I never drew shit with it when it came to bigger tourneys, made me sad.

MTG forum deserves pinned threads too.

I like Naya, but I'd probably run Jund if I was going to a competition. Cascade is just ridiculous.

You would have to practice mirror matches since 38% is Jund.

Mirror just consist of a race to your ruinblaster/first one to double blightning/land the most stags contest

I like U/W Control, Jund, and Mono White to be the top 3 decks for now. I really haven't been much of a fan of naya (as cute as I thought the cunning sparkmage + collar thing is/was).

I am still a fan of rdw it hammers in there me and a friend have been making top 4 our locals the past two weeks runing the same 60.

The top8 of the PT was not a great indication of what the best decks in the overall field were... People always fail to realize that.

If you base the results on the 10 rounds of constructed, the top8 would of been MUCH different. And if you want to make the best constructed deck, and how to metagame vs what is the best, you should go by those results far more than what actually made top8 at Worlds.

The actual top8 based on constructed should have been

1. Scott-Vargas, Luis - "Boss" Naya

2. Ross, Tom - "Boss" Naya

3. Senyuz, Aras - White/(Green) beats

4. Vidugiris, Gaudenis – “Mythic” Bant

5. Chen, Jeffrey - Vampires

6. Chapin, Patrick - Chapin UW

7. Wescoe, Craig - Tricked-Out WW

8. Elfgren, Bertil - Jund

9th - 15th

9. Ford, Jason - Jund

10. Malin, Antti – WW

11. Nassif, Gabriel – Chapin UW

12. Kanis, Jeroen - Red

13. Nakamura, Hajime - Jund

14. King, Stephen – Jund

15 Shiraishi, Tomomi - Jund

It is far better to look at these results than the final results of the pro tour.

Even though just has sheer numbers at events, this obviously proves that it is not the "BEST" deck overall. It's a top deck, but you would expect with 1/3 of the field, there would be more than 1 in the top8 of 10 rounds of constructed.

I'm messing with a Mythic Bant deck, shits fun. xD

i hate this entire control free format. ._.

Jund gets my vote. :\

I hate jund so damn much.

I don't know how you could hate a deck with so many +1's. Unless it's the price tag. if so; i hate jund too.

No it's dealing with hit. All I got are deathmarks and sadistic sacraments for it.

I hate Jund because it's the least skilled "best deck" standard format has seen ever since I've been playing Magic (about 4 years).

I hate jund so damn much.

I don't know how you could hate a deck with so many +1's. Unless it's the price tag. if so; i hate jund too.

it's skill-less. Anyone can + off of jund and games are pointless when it amounts to a race to see ruinblaster first

So how did everyone far in the type 2 on magic day?

I worked but I won the last two that we had and won a box at each.

Ah nice, yeah I won too. I got lucky and played Christmas and homebrew last two matches.

The Zendicar one I played in last my matchs were

Jund

Naya

Jund(lost 2-1)

Elves

Jund

RDW

Top 8 was Jund then I split the top 4. (guy that beat me in swiss won 2-0)

But that was three months ago haha good ole vampires.

Freaking Jund...luckily the Jund decided to tie with me so we would both top.

Christmas Land

Ad nesuem

Cruel control

Jund (tie)

Bant (lost 2-0)

Top 8

Naya

Christmas Land

Money deck

Hence why I said before I thought it was a control heavy format with all this going around. Good stuff, I love my vamps with main board Doomblade.

I went 9-0 with Jund.

RD1 - Bant 2-0

RD2 - Boros 2-1

RD3 - Boss Naya 2-0

RD4 - Jund 2-0

RD5 - Bant 2-1

RD6 - RWU Planswalker 2-0 (playing down)

Semi - Jund 2-1

Quater - Jund 2-0

Final - Open the Vaults 2-1

I should have never won the final. Jund should never beat open the vaults. It's like a 80/20 matchup in their favor imo. My manlands took it the whole way.

I used Gortzen Jund. It's so consistent it's just retarded.

Top8 was

2 Bant

3 Jund

1 Open the Vaults

1 Green beatdown thing...

1 RWU Plainswalker

GJ Gehring. I haven't played standard in forever (irl that is, I've played a lot on MTGO). I hope the next set makes T2 a better format.

I've never played Jund in a tournament before. I've hated the deck so much, not because I lose to it, just because in testing I've always drawn shit because of the manabase.

I decided to test on Thursday night Gortzen version with 27 land against UW control, and I honestly beat it 12-0. UW cannot deal with manlands at all. After that, I was in love with the deck. Never did I mulligan or anything. It was just crazy. I found a consistent Jund deck with a excellent manabase, and it never had dead cards in any matchup!