{Yara}

Constructed Standard Discussion

ibGehring+    1568
terminates kinda dead in the UWR match up hah but I guess you can justify the manlands as a target.

I didn't use Terminate...

I had 0 dead cards vs control decks.

The removal was pretty much all in the side for Bant/Naya decks. You don't want removal vs control decks, or even the mirror (as threats are far better).

4 Sprouting Thirnax

4 Bloodbraid Elf

4 Putrid Leech

3 Siege-Gang Commander

3 Broodmate Dragon

4 Lightning Bolt

4 Blightning

3 Maelstrom Pulse

2 Garruk Wildspeaker

2 Rampant Growth

4 Forest

3 Mountain

3 Swamp

4 Verdant Catacombs

4 Raging Ravine

2 Lavaclaw Reaches

2 Dragonskull Summit

1 Rootbound Crag

4 Savage Land

If I were to do the event again, I would take out a Broodmate Dragon for another Siege-Gang Commander.

Broodmate really underperformed for me. I cast it once in 9 rounds... While Siege-Gang honestly, singlehandedly won me like 3 matches.

lpfan    0

27 Land with 2 rampant growth surprises me. I'm running 26 and 2 atm and was considering cutting rampants.

lpfan    0

not necessarily. only difference in our landbase is 1 ravine, and rampant growth isn't always the best. and we can at least agree it's the worst cascade.

I've been tinkering around with the 5th blightning (mind rot) main decked, since blightning rapes so much stuff. It's been working pretty well atm.

+ACP+    34070

I have regionals coming up this weekend. Anyone wanna recommend me a deck?

ibGehring+    1568

I'm either playing U/W or Open the Valuts. Leaning more towards Valuts, if a lot of people use U/W which I think they will. Not to mention it is auto win v Jund.

I do not think Jund has what it takes atm. It gets savaged by U/W. Obv Jund is still a really good deck, but I do not think it's the best option out there.

+ACP+    34070

Post-board, I think Jund has a pretty good matchup against UW. You bring it 4 Ruinblaster, 4 Duress, 2 Bloodwitch, which is pretty hard for them to deal with. Also, Blightning is still an amazing card.

You confused me when you said "Open the Valuts". Do you mean the Valakut combo deck, or Open the Vaults? I couldn't decide whether that was a typo or a pun. Either way, explain why you believe that would be a good choice.

+ACP+    34070

You forgot Bant.

PsyKnz    179

I'm running the token u/g swarm deck you see crop up sometimes in standard daily top decks. I play it due to cost but it does have strong matchups with whole meta except naya shaman which is auto lose. Interestingly I think that shitty green leyline may be the side card I need (I only lose to cunning sparkmage + fauna shaman rape). Up till now I've been trying hornet sting to help there, it just doesn't though. The deck is scary fast and can generate obscene advantage off of otherwise terribad shared discovery. Other than naya shaman autofail you have to be wary of post board mass clearance, but in most matchups unified will solves that. With all the draw you have it consistently after extending. Beastmasters ascension is a bad card which steals games in obscene ways.

I wouldn't put U/R Pyromancer in tier 1 irrespective of results. Deck loses to an opponent that understands it (and what turn it makes certain plays).

PsyKnz    179

Yara: referring to bant or pyromancer?

I would seriously consider keeping RDW on the tier 1 list till shards is out (and perhaps after) because no matter how many times you smash it all day, it still places well and presents a serious threat to all tier 1 decks. Your deck must have a way to beat RDW or your deck is not good enough, and that I feel makes it top tier.

{Yara}    19
Yara: referring to bant or pyromancer?

I would seriously consider keeping RDW on the tier 1 list till shards is out (and perhaps after) because no matter how many times you smash it all day, it still places well and presents a serious threat to all tier 1 decks. Your deck must have a way to beat RDW or your deck is not good enough, and that I feel makes it top tier.

I forgot about bant I hardly ever see it it like loses to Naya ><

DTC    60
so vampires aren't tier 1? (sad face)

it's all i got on me lol

Haven't been in like forever.

T2 Tier 1 decks right now is like RDW, Turboland/TurboFog, Valakut ramp, UW Control, and Bant. Though Jund is still being played in large numbers it's topping less and less, same with conscription.

{Yara}    19

it's all i got on me lol

T2 Tier 1 decks right now is like RDW, Turboland/TurboFog, Valakut ramp, UW Control, and Bant. Though Jund is still being played in large numbers it's topping less and less, same with conscription.

Forgot naya and apprantly Dredgevine

it's all i got on me lol

Forgot naya and apprantly Dredgevine

naya is fun to play.

that white deck from nats is redic though.

+ACP+    34070

Am I the only one who thinks the mono white deck for nats is bad? I tested against it and I don't see how it wins.

Also, that dredgevine deck is pretty sick.