• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
{Yara}

Constructed Standard Discussion

3715 posts in this topic

White lifegain is junk, but a lot of decks aren't equipped to deal with it on the main or side due to the lack of mass removal played in standard. Decks like conscription should pretty much just shit down its throat.

T1 lady turn 2 pride mate rips bant because they dont have removal and he gets huge fast I built it on mws its funny but like boring as hell to play. I don't like that they took the monuments out of dredgevine.

T1 lady turn 2 pride mate rips bant because they dont have removal and he gets huge fast I built it on mws its funny but like boring as hell to play. I don't like that they took the monuments out of dredgevine.
T1 lady t2 pride rips most decks though if they don't open strong on removal. At least bant can ignore the pridemate and just start swinging conscripted guys, maybe tossing a wall of omens or other buffer creature at the pridemate to buy a turn. Remember that most netdecked lifegain decks only have 2 md o-ring as removal, well played mythic should just laugh at that.

So extended is going to be an interested PT format from what I can see.

So what do you guys think will be good in the upcoming format? I'm sticking w/ UW but I might change the variant up

I'll stick to red deck wins, but I'll be planning on doing something with grand architect. I'm not going to speculate on the format yet simply because something could be released that still defines an entire deck on its own.

I think Uw will be strong it will be the go to deck after rotation, on a side note im going to GP Nashville on 3 wins thanks to winning the Qualifier thing yesterday.

U/W seems like a strong contender but might lose to the same matchups it did before scars. I really want something with Proliferate to be good. They put so much of it in the set. Something like...U/W Proliferate Planeswalkers or something.

U/W seems like a strong contender but might lose to the same matchups it did before scars. I really want something with Proliferate to be good. They put so much of it in the set. Something like...U/W Proliferate Planeswalkers or something.

What did you think I meant but Uw control lol Jace Elsepth Venser Suntitan Mana leak and removal + Shitty Draw cards Steady progress and Bad artifact with proliferate and proliferate again to make Venser go Ult.

I'm probably going to play some sort of Fauna Shaman + Vengevine deck. Any ideas?

I'm probably going to play some sort of Fauna Shaman + Vengevine deck. Any ideas?

G/U/x (or G/X/u) so that you can run trinket mage in there and Jace + mana leak. X probably as R so you can still run sparkmage collar. Should be able to maintain a good matchup with both control and valakut. Trinket mage + memnite seems like a semi decent vengevine enabler. The R also gives you new phoenix if it can both work in the deck and is good. I'm inclined to side with the Vargas take on white losing too much to stay worthwhile in vengevine decks.

Come to think about it, from what we know of upcomming standard pool, what good vengevine enablers are even left?

Personally I'm going to look at playing something which can main 4 tectonic edge, + maybe some other LD (like ruinblaster or acid moss) so that I don't start off the format losing to valakut and colonade. Perhaps even RDW with an LD transformational sideboard.

I just want to play something with stoneforge mystic, sword of vengeance, and the +2+0 indestructible artifact from SOM

I just want to play something with stoneforge mystic, sword of vengeance, and the +2+0 indestructible artifact from SOM

You dont like the opposite sword of the meek card. The pay 4 when a creature you control goes to the grave return it to play equipped witth this?

Also Allen Ive been working on a NLB list maybe its where you should start as well.

I'll play pretty much anything that isn't aggro. Yara, you can always PM me some of the stuff that you've come up with.

So for states whats everyone playing Im considering strongly UW control Splashing Red for Bolts and Pyroclasm I see the field being a lot the field being Aggro the rest control.

Um what? You have a lot of removal already. Why would you need to splash red.?

All I've been doing the last few weeks is brewing and building/testing new decks with Scars. There is some crazy shit out there.

Top of my list right now is Elfball... It's back and faster than ever. Genesis Wave is ABSURD. No deck in the format has a better god draw than this deck that I can see so far. Eldrazi or Valakuts best possible draw does not beat this deck easily. Something that has shocked me. Last night I was up until 4AM (yes, 4AM Tuesday night... you know when you find something crazy, and all you want to do is play it? Yeah, this was it) playing vs Eldrazi Titan and the Eldrazis turn 3 Titan god draw was losing over and over. I found myself Genesis Waving for around 5-7 on turn 3 and up to 12 on turn 4 very easy. Even casting the 1 off Emrakul on turn 4.

The deck deck will obviously struggle vs Pyroclasm as does/did all Elf decks. But if they don't open it pretty early, it almost does nothing because of your lords pumping your guys.

It does also have problems with Wrath, and All is Dust which is obvious. All is Dust is not a card after board because you have that dude that means you cannot sacrifice permanents, and Wrath is a pretty slow card. You can refuel quite easy. Against control it has been pretty easy to play with minimal dudes on board, but because they all do something, they are pretty big threats in themselves. You can play around Wrath to a point where you get the regen guy, and auto win. Also, late game casting Emrakul will always trump control, lol.

But I think any deck with that type of power and potential god draws can do well in the format. The thing about the deck is it is awfully consistent, and it's "god" draw isn't exactly hard to pull off.

The only card the deck is missing, and I'm quite sad about is no Elvish Visionary... Why does it have to rotate. It's crazy good, and sucks it's going.

I've just found the deck very fun, very consistent and very powerful. Genesis Wave is the most retarded card in a long time...

Moving to Extended, I would put money on Elf being one of, if not the best decks in the coming format. Genesis Wave is the exact card it needed to put it on insane tier.

Yeah I liked Genesis Wave ever since I saw it, I opened one at the prerelease and the obvious use was for Elves.

Gehring can you please elaborate more on this Genesis Wave deck? This deck really sounds like my style :)

Um what? You have a lot of removal already. Why would you need to splash red.?

Because T4 Day Or even Turn 2 Bomb doesn't hurt elfs enough with there new wanna be lord.

Gehring can you please elaborate more on this Genesis Wave deck? This deck really sounds like my style :)

Put the good Elf cards together with 3-4 Genesis Wave in a deck I assume he is using a few of the big guys for after he plays Genesis with Druid up,

All the good mana dorks, 4 Fauna Shaman, 2 of the new lord, and 1 of each Emrakul and Terastadon as finishers or anti-wrath outlets. Terrastadon is anti wrath pretty most of the time, as if on the play it will come out turn 4 if you have Shaman every single time if need be. Emrakul is because you get to 15 mana on turn 4 almost every single game without fail. If not turn 4, then turn 5.

You have to use 4 Wave. It is too fucking absurd to not use 4. Even casting it for 3-5 on turn 3 is very strong.

I use 3 Garruk, 2 Nissa Revane, which is the all start, because of the 2 Monuments I use. I will probably side for more the matchups with Wrath, as it's pretty busted, and hitting it off of wave is crazy.

Deck is really fun!