...Arson

if you click on this topic you must post

»Tygo    14143

I enjoy grunge but dislike nirvana. I'm of a strange breed.

Haruki    12666

them feels

Haruki    12666
3 minutes ago, TRUMPOLOGIST said:

@ducktapeI saw Hole live a few years ago and they played a cover of Jeremy (|:|)

St. Vincent Explains How Pearl Jam’s Jeremy” Changed Her Life

What song inspired St. Vincent to become a musician? Pearl Jam’s “Jeremy.” As she explained to NPR’s Bob Boilen for his book Your Song Changed My Life:

When I was 10, Pearl Jam Ten came out; the first time I heard it I remember being at my friend’s house and MTV was on. I saw the video for “Jeremy” — that would have been fourth grade, and then it was like, OK, I know what I want to do. I was just completely obsessed with Pearl Jam. When I was first playing guitar when I was 12 and writing my own songs, I was doing an Eddie Vedder impression. Like, that’s how I was learning to sing. I mean, everybody liked Pearl Jam at that time, everybody liked Nirvana, everybody even liked Red Hot Chili Peppers, and it was just like, that was the wave, you know? I always felt like, “Oh, you like Pearl Jam? Oh, well do you know this b-side, do you know this rarity? ‘Cause I do. I have all those tapes.” You know, it’s like, you’re a kid and you finally have something that expresses that which you don’t know how to express, and you have this way to construct your identity.

http://www.stereogum.com/1875434/st-vincent-explains-how-pearl-jams-jeremy-changed-her-life/news/

• Upvote 1

fuckfiend    2215
8 hours ago, Tygo said:

I enjoy grunge but dislike nirvana. I'm of a strange breed.

Yeah I have my basic love for Nirvana and consider them the biggest Grunge band of all time, but I've lost the flavor for them, kind of like after dipping my toes a little further in genres I start to appreciate the other artists instead of the ones that got me into them. Nirvana is like "Oh, everybody likes that teen spirit song" or whatever, it's like generic, and it loses its appeal, but it's not that I don't like it. Kind of how a lot of bands like Linkin Park feel to me right now.

Haruki    12666

my favorite album by nirvana is in utero followed by bleach. nevermind is awesome but it's my least favorite album by them.

+rei+    35047

Bleach is my favourite - like I said I just like how raw kurt can sound

• Upvote 1

+rei+    35047

related kurt suicde thing

I hate people who are like "HOW COULD HE PULL THE SHOTGUN TRIGGER SHOT GUNS ARE LOING

... a shotgun barrel is 20-28" - lets assume you get the barrel two inches into your mouth who has arms shorter than 26"? especially considering your arm doesnt start at the beginning of your mouth. 

• Upvote 2

Haruki    12666

damn i had a dream i had abilities like nagato from naruto and was like quirinus quirrell except instead of lord voldemort on the back of my head it was god and that i met salma hayek who wanted to have sex with me but we couldn't because our private parts would repel each other probably because god wants me to be a virgin forever like jesus christ

• Upvote 5

On 9/29/2016 at 2:29 PM, rap tap said:

unpopular opinions incarnate

You mean me? 

SSJ Grumpig    5621

i hate pearl jam so much

the only good local rock station when i was a kid would go on week long pearl jam marathons

• Upvote 2

»rap tap    20159
8 hours ago, TheGoldenTyranno said:

You mean me? 

no grimey

7 minutes ago, rap tap said:

no grimey

I know... It was another of my horrible attempts at a joke

Haruki    12666

• Upvote 2

Haruki    12666

i thought having salma hayek in my dream was random but since dogma is one of my favorite movies and god was in it then it makes sense

Haruki    12666

last night i dreamed i met weird al and he gave me donuts

• Upvote 1

SSJ Grumpig    5621

people who cant find their cats

4 minutes ago, ducktape said:

last night i dreamed i met weird al and he gave me donuts

Sounds like an awesome dream

• Upvote 1

fuckfiend    2215

It really pisses me off that my weeaboo younger brother sings the intro song to every fucking anime he watches and he does it so terribly. What the fuck. Like that's so annoying. Fucking weeaboos.

+rei+    35047

yeah how dare he unapologetically enjoy what he enjoys

what an asshole

• Upvote 3

fuckfiend    2215

I WOULDNT MIND IT IF HE WERENT SCREECHING OFF BEAT TO A SONG I'M FORCED TO HEAR OVER AND OVER AGAIN. 

4 hours ago, Markus. said:

I WOULDNT MIND IT IF HE WERENT SCREECHING OFF BEAT TO A SONG I'M FORCED TO HEAR OVER AND OVER AGAIN. 

• Upvote 1