...Arson

if you click on this topic you must post

+Paraliel+    8016

The one genuinely bad thing I have seen with Discord is the mobile app seems to ignore it being closed

+rap tap    20151

does DG have a discord, mason?

+Paraliel+    8016
Just now, rap tap said:

does DG have a discord, mason?

I don't think we do, I've just used it for a group of friends of mine

Making one would probably be a solid idea

»...Arson    7758

why are people obligated to say hello to you? i don't understand.

»...Arson    7758

wow you guys have been skyping w/o me? 

also

3 hours ago, Tails said:

People in this community seem to have a real hard time with social interaction ._. 

lol

Tails    9
1 hour ago, ...Arson said:

why are people obligated to say hello to you? i don't understand.

Because they are lucky to be in my presence and to not do so would be like not bowing to the queen. In all seriousness I feel like if I keep answering these posts it'll turn into another petty argument so yeah I wont bring up the chat again. I'm just here tryna make some friends and talk about games and bullshit.

Speaking of games I've started playing pokemon emerald on my phone. Really tempted to use cheats to get a sick as fuck party but then the game will become stale fast. Level grinding so slow though. Why the gym trainers gotta have infinity hyper potions?!?!!!1161! 

Would like some recommendations of some absolutely legendary kony 2012 never forget GBA games since pokemon was like the only handheld game I played as a wee lad.

Got a call from a company saying that they liked what they saw in my application (presumably nothing, because I'm a student with little to no actual work experience).

They didn't actually give me any information about their company, and when I went to check the ad they posted yesterday, it doesn't exist anymore.

What are the chances that my organs are going to be stolen?

+rei+    34452

much more likely some kind of MLM knife selling scam

• Upvote 1

+Digbick    7241

just modded my fightstick 

13211073_10207054644227986_1378990310_o.jpg

• Upvote 2

Silver    967
2 hours ago, rei said:

much more likely some kind of MLM knife selling scam

or selling tuperware and tuperware accessories 

Tails    9

Not having a CPU fast enough to run ps2 emulator depresses me more each day. I wanna play budakai tenkaichi soooooo bad :( 

Also like many people I want to learn to code. I've just now found codecademy and have started a javascript course. Hopefully (after quite some time of course... probably years) I'd like to have Java/JS and C/C++/C# under my belt. If anyone has any helpful resources like courses, books or anything else I'd really appreciate if you provide links or something for me. Oh and would I need to learn assembly language? I've heard it talked about before but never understood what it is or what its used for/when its used. A quick google search told me its a low-level language and thats about all I understood. 

+rei+    34452

what cpu do you have i feel like almost anything released since 2011 can prob handle it unless you have an atom or something

Tails    9

2.4 GHz i3 .. pcsx2 wiki recommends 2.8Ghz for i3. I also only have intel HD graphics for a GPU. I have the minimum requirements but it mentions next to the minimum requirements that most games will be unplayably slow. 

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/PCSX2

Minimum (most games will be unplayable slow)

Windows/Linux OS

CPU: Any that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)

GPU: Any that supports Pixel Shader model 2.0, except Nvidia FX series (broken SM2.0, too slow anyway)

512MB RAM (note that Windows Vista needs at least 2GB to run reliably)

Recommended

Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) with the latest DirectX

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better

GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)

RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7

+rei+    34452

You're way above the minimum if the minimum is a pentium 4, you aren't at recommended but you're in the "upper middle" zone between the two - the GPU might bone you though it's still worth a shot - the 8800GT is a really old card now and newer Intel HD graphics while not "good" can certainly handle mid-tier gaming at lower resolutions so you might be okay 

+Paraliel+    8016
50 minutes ago, Tails said:

Not having a CPU fast enough to run ps2 emulator depresses me more each day. I wanna play budakai tenkaichi soooooo bad :( 

Also like many people I want to learn to code. I've just now found codecademy and have started a javascript course. Hopefully (after quite some time of course... probably years) I'd like to have Java/JS and C/C++/C# under my belt. If anyone has any helpful resources like courses, books or anything else I'd really appreciate if you provide links or something for me. Oh and would I need to learn assembly language? I've heard it talked about before but never understood what it is or what its used for/when its used. A quick google search told me its a low-level language and thats about all I understood. 

Java and then picking something specialized is good

You should really learn the Unix command line at some point as well

• Upvote 1

Tails    9

I'm no stranger to a bash shell, hardly a lord of linux either though lol. I know how to compile shit from source and do some basic scripting but thats about it. Maybe a DoS attack if the target is vulnerable to slow post tools. I actually have another laptop running backbox (which has a really nice implementation of xfce I have to say. I even prefer it over the more flashy desktop environments like cinnamon and kde). The thing is I had a 60 hour a week job and when I wasn't working I was too busy smoking. Well I don't have a job for the moment and I don't get high any more so I've decided to commit to learning how to actually use a computer now that I have so much time.

I'll use java as my starting point as you suggest. Thanks.

+Paraliel+    8016

Kali Linux is a good one to work with atleast from what I've been working with from my job perspective if you ever wanted to play with one

+rei+    34452

Java is solid but any OOP is good - I'm a big fan of the e-book Learn Python the Hard Way as it really helps build some key habits, Python's a pretty fun language too - either Python or Java will give you good exposure to the other as theyre both OOP even if they have different syntax

Javascript and Java are way more different than the names suggest just fyi 

Assembly is cool but you wont need it, you prob wont even need C (which has manual memory management as a pervasive thing, C++ to a lesser extent) 

• Upvote 1

Tails    9

They're basically the same, only kali is debian based and backbox ubuntu based. Also on backbox you have things like automated memory wiping, preconfigured tor usage (click a button and all your traffic (not just your browser) is routed through the tor network) and a much lighter-weight desktop environment which is good for the 2.1 Ghz pentium in my other laptop. I mean they're both solid choices for a pentesting ditro but I've just had a better time with backbox. Not going to lie though my main reason for going backbox over kali is because it looks nicer and has a cooler name lol.

Python is another option on codecademy and I've pissed about with it before.. I'll try hunt down that book.