...Arson

if you click on this topic you must post

Orange    70

Unfortunately I can't take any time off work. We don't have enough staff to allow me to take time for myself and I've already had quite a bit of time off leaving them short staffed to deal with something pretty serious. Everything is just a mess currently, it's funny how things can go from wonderful to shit within the space of a couple of days 

I'm sorry to hear that. Either way, if you get a single day off at some point, total blackout from tech is beneficial. 

Haruki    12668

can't wait until noelle kicks the devil's ass in the next chapter of black clover

Orange    70

So I'm not at work for at least a week now, my mental health is kinda spiraling and they thought it best I stop working for a little while, although because it wasn't my choice I now feel like I've been fired and I am the worst at my job which is awesome. How the fuck did I end up here 

You are welcome to chat about shit here or pm if you wanted to.

Or better yet, you said you wanted to get away from stuff. Now could be your chance to try it and take care of yourself. No internet etc. 

Try reading a good book, cycling, WoW (with chat turned off), get stuck into a long RPG or a hobby project etc. Lose yourself in something.

Orange    70

The stuff that is causing me shit is v personal and I don't feel like talking about it openly and I'm not sure you're the right person to talk about it with but thank you for the offer. 

I've been trying for ages to get lost in a game but I can't seem to do it. There's always something else on my mind distracting me and the only time I'm not overthinking is when I'm asleep and even then it's hit or miss whether I wake up in the night from it all. I think I maybe need medication for it again but I'm scared of feeling nothing at all again. I'd rather be sad than empty. 

• Sad 1

Whatever you do, make sure you use the support network around you. Friends, family, online friends etc. 

Have you played FFVII? The original is on the switch pretty cheap and will keep you engrossed for a long time. It's one of my favourite games to get lost into every few years.

Orange    70

No, I tried it years ago and hated it because the controls were fucked, I bought the remake on ps4 but I've been living at my boyfriends over lockdown so I don't have it. I need to give it a go because it looks stunning, maybe I should pick it up from my mums, but I'm still trying to find the energy to play xenoblade chronicles. All I want to do at the minute is sleep but then I feel like a lazy pos. 

I'd really like to get back into cosplay, I have a half finished dress in the living room but shit went down at the last con I went to and may got cancelled and Its just really difficult to want to even try at the minute 

Could you try staying at your mums for a bit? Might help. Or it could make it a million times worse lol.

Orange    70

It probably would help a little, some of the stress is coming from having to deal with his ex being completely unreasonable almost all of the time,  but I really like playing house with him and generally feel my most relaxed around him. 

• Upvote 1

+rei+    35047

I don't know all the details but at some point you both gotta put your foot down and tell the ex to get the fuck out of that life right? 

• Upvote 1

Orange    70
4 hours ago, rei said:

I don't know all the details but at some point you both gotta put your foot down and tell the ex to get the fuck out of that life right? 

There's a child so it's not that simple. She won't let me meet the kid which makes things rather difficult at times. 

• Upvote 1

Orange    70
3 hours ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

Image may contain: 17 people, text#

this makes me happy

Jeff goldblum as hades sounds wonderful 

+rei+    35047
6 hours ago, Orange said:

There's a child so it's not that simple. She won't let me meet the kid which makes things rather difficult at times. 

ouch; my ex's sister was going through some shit like that

id imagine at some point though the father has some say? 

Faint    5975
15 hours ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

Image may contain: 17 people, text#

this makes me happy

Is this real? Jodie Comer as Meg woukd be the dream

Orange    70
7 hours ago, rei said:

ouch; my ex's sister was going through some shit like that

id imagine at some point though the father has some say? 

Yeah I guess so. The ex just constantly punishes him by not letting him see the kid whenever he does anything she doesn't like and unfortunately seeing me is one of those things, so I get completely out of the way when he sees the kid, she won't even drop her off if my car is outside his so I can't just go for a walk for the half an hour he has her before nursery and if stuff was open then it wouldn't be so bad but literally nowhere is open. 

Orange    70

My thoughts exactly. I shared a meme on Facebook and she screenshotted it and sent it to him and asked why he was with someone that is such a threat to children and that it was disgusting... 

And that is why I am NEVER allowed to meet their child. 

I'm not even friends with her on Facebook and because I blocked her after it was brought up it means that I have more to hide???? 

20200609_092612.jpg

+rei+    35047

at some point he has to step up and put her in his place [or use the legal system to do so]