40 minutes ago, Bazoo said:

Kinda wish I had chosen my career to be in the computer science realm

Can write decently too

Instead I teach douchey 6th graders

12 hours ago, Bazoo said:

Kinda wish I had chosen my career to be in the computer science realm

Can write decently too

Instead I teach douchey 6th graders

Spend a weekend learning linux, another learning powershell, a third learning how active directory works, and you can get a job for $50k effortlessly which should scale in 3-5 to 80-100

Not sure how that vlaue proposition goes against your teacher salary and summers off - here teachers have the best pension plan in north america and one of the strongest unions so they have a pretty good ride. 

Spend my summer learning said things and possibly earn some documented certifications
???
profit?

Really the best part of my job is working with my wife, but I do wish sometimes I could make more money for her. After 5 years (about to be done with my 3rd) I have essentially all my remaining student loans forgiven because I teach math in a title 1 school. After that? I might heavily consider a career change.

10 hours ago, Bazoo said:

Spend my summer learning said things and possibly earn some documented certifications
???
profit?

Yep

IT is also one of the easiest fields to get over the "Entry Level Position 3 Years Experience Required"
message me here or on facebook and i'll go into more detail on what paths you can take, etc + what dollar values are typically associated with those paths (obviously I've mentioned my financial struggles on here before - lets be clear those are because of me being a fucking moron as opposed to lack of actual pay) 

If your actual degree is in math many employers view that as functionally equal to computer science 

Since we're on this subject, can anyone attest to how easy/viable getting a career in Medical Physics is? I find the field interesting and I like both medicine and physics. The university I'm looking at offers a 4-year bachelor on it but the entry grade average they're looking for is low (72%-74%) and the course is relatively cheap which concerns me a bit.

Any thoughts?

Yo! 

15 hours ago, Arshen said:

Yo! 

Hey! 

It's definitely a challenging thing, I will say that. There are times when she even wants to play during shark week.

Only downside is the amount of grind I have to put in just to completely break away from the past, I'm just glad she's being understanding about it: Again, I have about $285 to go until the next apartment is secured (minus 1st months rent). There's also $310 for simplified dissolution paperwork & document of final judgment. Lastly, $4900 to chip in because while the car & paperwork for it is in my name, her mom chipped in 5K on the down payment so she wanted that back. Now if that means being completely done with her and fully focusing on the lady I have now, then so be it.

If she wants to play during shark week play during shark week what the fuck lol

hi everyone this is my first time trying to create a cheesy pickup line pls rate

"Hey, are you GitHub? Because I want to commit to you. ;) "

Hey are you my big toe?

Because I'd love to get drunk and bang you on my kitchen table. 

> summon johnny li

> combines his ygo freestyle rap writing skills with his pickup artist knowledge to create the perfect pick-up line

i went in to ghost in the shell with very low expectations and it did exactly what i expected it to do; look like it was directed by someone who read a wikipedia synopsis of the first movie halfway

19 minutes ago, rap tap said:

look like it was directed by someone who read a wikipedia synopsis of the first movie halfway

Exactly what I told someone yesterday. 

On 29/03/2017 at 7:45 PM, SageRhapsody said:

Since we're on this subject, can anyone attest to how easy/viable getting a career in Medical Physics is? I find the field interesting and I like both medicine and physics. The university I'm looking at offers a 4-year bachelor on it but the entry grade average they're looking for is low (72%-74%) and the course is relatively cheap which concerns me a bit.

Any thoughts?

quite a bit of money over in england for that. loads of paid degrees also.

also, didn't get the computer sci position

kinda glad cos that would have proved i could blag anything, which would have been bad for my ego lol

also, head of sci next year is leaving so will take that

I bought 2 yugioh decks, 2 pokemon decks and 2 mtg decks for ccg club at school

14 hours ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

I bought 2 yugioh decks, 2 pokemon decks and 2 mtg decks for ccg club at school

But which ones?

yugi and kaiba reloaded. they are significantly better than my old starter decks. i imagine they are just as trash, good ol power creep.

pokemon i bought the water and grass starter for the new gen.

mtg i got blue zombie and green elf, custom build £7.50 things off ebay.

Successfully led my 2nd ecommerce site platform migration in my short 2 year career, this time to shopify. I'm smart. 

mortgage offered was 10k short of what we needed due to my crippling debt. yay!