...Arson

if you click on this topic you must post

+rei+    34642

im at a point where I probably should move but absolutely do not want to. 

Bazoo    5698

Going to close on my first house next week Friday. It's in the community about 500 feet from my apartment so easy move. Will post pics.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Bazoo said:

Going to close on my first house next week Friday. It's in the community about 500 feet from my apartment so easy move. Will post pics.

Awesome! Congrats! 

BuildTheWalia    247
2 hours ago, Bazoo said:

Is your name like the yugioh card?

»Tygo    14119

Yes

• Wow 1

+rei+    34642
13 hours ago, BuildTheWalia said:

Is your name like the yugioh card?

p sure the answer is not at all come on try and keep up

also congrats on homeownership! If you dont mind me asking what do they go for down there? [be as vague as you want lol] 

Bazoo    5698

I'll be specific. The catch down here is that some homes look inexpensive per square ft but have astronomical HOA fees. I'm paying about 210,000 for a 2000 sq ft townhouse, 3 bd RM 2.5 baths, 2 car garage. The air conditioning and water heater are under 2 years, the kitchen and master bath were recently remodeled, and HOA takes care of roofs HOA fees are $200 per month. That is on the low end of fees unless you have a do-nothing HOA (they spray for bugs, do the lawns, have a pool and tennis courts). Honestly wish I was buying about 5-7 years ago as I probably could have gotten a house in the same community for $150,000, but currently 210 is a fair value for a house that hasn't been remodeled at all of that size.

Of course many different factors involved. My community is right across from a shopping center, Target, Starbucks, many types of food, etc. If you want to live in a small town could probably same size for 140,000. If you want a non-townhome in my area, gotta lay down 270-300,000

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34642

not too bad/crazy

Here HOAs aren't really a thing but condo boards are (similar, but most condos are high rises, though some are townhouses) - but high rise condos start at 400 and small townhouses a bit more : ( 

+rei+    34642

Carly Rae Jepsen may be the last pop star older than me 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rei said:

Carly Rae Jepsen may be the last pop star older than me 

I'm not sure if I :sad :haha or :pride react to that so I'll just standard love upvote.

+rei+    34642

hey she was a third place finisher on Canadian Idol! 

5 minutes ago, rei said:

hey she was a third place finisher on Canadian Idol! 

Lol this audition song she wrote is way better than Call Me Maybe. 

• Upvote 1

»JC.    4972

i only know of her due to call me maybe, so i thought she was like 16 at the time...

Haruki    9172

carly rae jepsen is the kylie minogue of our time

• Pride 1

+rei+    34642

i think kinda both which works perfectly for her.

On a persona 5 note this has me losing it

Haruki    9172

Carly Rae Jepsen Is The Next Kylie Minogue

She might end up sticking around a long time if she continues to emulate the Australian pop icon.

enhanced-buzz-2784-1349965360-16.jpg

Carly Rae Jepsen's debut album Kiss is jubilant and overwhelmingly wholesome from start to finish. This shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone familiar with "Call Me Maybe" – and surely that must be around 90 percent of North America by now, right? – but it's something of an outlier in terms of female-fronted contemporary pop. There's no hostility or sexual aggression in Jepsen's music, just a single-minded focus on the joys of infatuation. So much of recent pop, from Adele to Rihanna, has been about intense emotions and the darkest edges of sexuality that it's truly refreshing to hear a dance pop record that embraces innocence for its own sake and isn't going out of its way to way to seem "adult." If anything, this self-possession makes Kiss come off as a fairly mature record.

Whether by accident or design, Jepsen's debut positions her as a young Canadian version of the Australian pop star Kylie Minogue. This is brilliant, particularly if the goal is to extend her career well beyond one-hit-wonder status. Minogue, like Jepsen, is a singer who can't help give off a sweet, perky vibe, and is totally unconvincing as a "bad girl." The genius of Kylie is that she has never rebelled against this quality. She started off as a fresh-faced soap actress with a sideline in pop music in the Eighties, but over the past two decades has emerged as one of pop's most dependable stars. She's changed her sound over the years, but her essential sweetness is always there, even on records like Impossible Princess, where she's reached for a more grown-up style.

enhanced-buzz-1557-1349963976-1.jpg

Pop stars who want to seem dangerous and sexually transgressive inevitably date themselves and alienate portions of their audience. It's a short-sighted strategy. Minogue, however, found a way to make her youthful style age well with her. The trick? Emphasize songs about crushes, because that experience of love and lust remains fresh and powerful through life, even if just as a nostalgic memory for those in long term relationships.

Carly's "Call Me Maybe" is the best pop hit about a new crush in recent memory, but Kiss is packed with great songs on that theme. "Tiny Little Bows," the opening track, is arguably even better, and bears a strong resemblance to Kylie's work with its cheery dance beats and classy disco strings.

If you place the song side by side with "Love At First Sight," one of Minogue's biggest international hits, the similarity is pretty obvious.

Jepsen's new single, "This Kiss," is another song in this vein, and it's terrific.

Of course, it has only been a very modest chart hit so far. It's still early days for that song, though – it's been out as a single for a few weeks, but the video isn't out yet. It's hard to imagine this or anything else on Kiss going supernova like "Call Me Maybe," but these Kylie-esque songs lay the groundwork for what could become a long career in ecstatic dance pop.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/carly-rae-jepsen-is-the-next-kylie-minogue

Haruki    9172

Haruki    9172

kylie minogue is so good. i don't think she ever had a bad album. she's my favorite dance-pop artist besides michael jackson and madonna.

Haruki    9172

here's my favorite song by carly rae jepsen

Haruki    9172

radar backwards is radar

DBLocationsOnNamek.png

• Wow 1

Faint    5847
5 hours ago, Haruki said:

kylie minogue is so good. i don't think she ever had a bad album. she's my favorite dance-pop artist besides michael jackson and madonna.

Everything Madonna has done since 1999 has been a cry for attention. Kylie has remained incredible and is superior. Sorry not sorry

+rei+    34642

in gym class we had to do a dance project... with basketballs, was the dumbest thing ever

anyway i did it to kylie minogue's cant get you outta my head 

that is my relevant contribution to this topic