Jump to content
...Arson

if you click on this topic you must post

Recommended Posts

Arshen    3898

Sometimes being in the hobby games industry is annoying. 

 

"Customer": This board game is on Amazon for $20, do you price match? (game is normally $50)

Me: Woah. That's cheaper than my cost. Unfortunately, I cannot sell below my cost but I can do 15% off. 

"Customer" : Wow what a rip off. 

 

Then they left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haruki    12665

i must correct your arrogant belief that you can defeat lord dio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 11:16 PM, rei said:

thanks uhaul for fucking me like a bitch during my move not like this will cost me another hundred bucks i dont have 

?

 
 
 
 
✌
3
On 1/24/2020 at 9:17 PM, Arshen said:

Sometimes being in the hobby games industry is annoying. 

 

"Customer": This board game is on Amazon for $20, do you price match? (game is normally $50)

Me: Woah. That's cheaper than my cost. Unfortunately, I cannot sell below my cost but I can do 15% off. 

"Customer" : Wow what a rip off. 

 

Then they left. 

Well I mean it's a dick move to expect you to match it solely for their convenience, but to they aren't wrong in paying more than double just to have it today as opposed to in two days is a rip-off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35015

basically uhaul gave away the truck i reserved and I had to take a much smaller one. No restitution cos I never paid for the first truck but now i Have to literally book another truck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP kobe

 

clearly a legend when i dont even know his team/if he still played etc and yet i still know of him, if not mostly from yolo grenades

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35015
2 hours ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

Does anyone care about wwe anymore? 

my roommate does; but he's more into AEW

 

 

The Kobe thing is so weird, I was just reading yesterday about Lebron passing him and then today its like 'fuckin really?'

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35015

like he still feels like a young guy and now hes flat gone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HououinKyouma    832

As a kid growing up in Socal during the 00s. This fucking killed me. It's just so crazy. Especially living in the same area as him. Everyone in my city has a Kobe story, when he'd come to the ARC to practice, or that you were going to the same swim school as his kids. For us in Socal, Kobe and the Lakers brought people together. It didn't matter your race, religion, class, or age. Love him or hate him. He'd bring out the most passionate responses in people. He inspired a bunch of short ass asian kids who had no hopes of ever playing in D3 let alone the NBA to ball. On the court at recess and during lunch we'd pretend we were Kobe. We all wanted to be Kobe. Now that I'm older I can only respect his insane work ethic and his brilliant mind. The dude wasn't just a basketball savant, he was an intellectually curious dude. His reach was beyond basketball. He inspired me in how I live my life. Whenever things felt rough, I'd tell myself that Kobe wouldn't let that discourage him. So I chose to work my ass off just like he would. The mamba mentality can be reached by us all. And this is all for a person that's never met him, I can only imagine how his family is. I always felt like there would never be a celebrity death that got to me, but this was just too much. So to the mamba, thanks for everything. Socal mourns for you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i hate the other thread almost identically named in csk i vote to remove/rename it

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuildTheWalia    307
16 minutes ago, Metal Gear Salad said:

i hate the other thread almost identically named in csk i vote to remove/rename it

E

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haruki    12665
18 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

As a kid growing up in Socal during the 00s. This fucking killed me. It's just so crazy. Especially living in the same area as him. Everyone in my city has a Kobe story, when he'd come to the ARC to practice, or that you were going to the same swim school as his kids. For us in Socal, Kobe and the Lakers brought people together. It didn't matter your race, religion, class, or age. Love him or hate him. He'd bring out the most passionate responses in people. He inspired a bunch of short ass asian kids who had no hopes of ever playing in D3 let alone the NBA to ball. On the court at recess and during lunch we'd pretend we were Kobe. We all wanted to be Kobe. Now that I'm older I can only respect his insane work ethic and his brilliant mind. The dude wasn't just a basketball savant, he was an intellectually curious dude. His reach was beyond basketball. He inspired me in how I live my life. Whenever things felt rough, I'd tell myself that Kobe wouldn't let that discourage him. So I chose to work my ass off just like he would. The mamba mentality can be reached by us all. And this is all for a person that's never met him, I can only imagine how his family is. I always felt like there would never be a celebrity death that got to me, but this was just too much. So to the mamba, thanks for everything. Socal mourns for you.

i started watching basketball in 1996. i was only able to watch michael jordan's last two years with the chicago bulls when he was still in his prime. kobe bryant was the closest thing to michael jordan for my generation. i'm glad i was able to witness kobe bryant's entire career. when i was a kid, he was my favorite basketball player who i watched since their rookie year. to be honest, i started appreciating tim duncan more as i got older even though the dallas mavericks was my favorite team during the early 2000s when they had steve nash, michael finley, and dirk nowitzki and they kept losing to the san antonio spurs in the playoffs. kobe bryant passed the torch to lebron james. lebron james is the biggest basketball player in the world like michael jordan and kobe bryant were in their primes. i was shocked when i woke up to hear kobe bryant passed away in such a tragic manner. it was definitely one of the most devastating deaths in history. he was a polarizing figure because he was arrogant when he was younger, but made people start conversations with his abilities, and eventually matured to a wise man who is universally respected.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»S l o x    5
On 1/26/2020 at 3:26 PM, Metal Gear Salad said:

Does anyone care about wwe anymore? 

I haven't been a fan of WWE for quite some time now but it's pretty big among my friend circle. A buddy of mine had 4 tickets and went out to see the Royal Rumble. A good portion of my MTG circle happen to watch it actively too. I occasionally catch a few matches or watch a PPV event in the background when play testing and I'm always surprised to see Wrestlers I recognize still doing their thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only mentioned it because of the Rumble. Always some nostalgia there. Apparently Edge came back and the cameraman fucked it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35015

weed

 

the bolivar so you sort the brand problem entirely 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+rei+    35015

I've been on disability leave from my employer (owned by what c ould be described as a Canadian Evil Empire) since the end of November - they called today and i thought htey were gonna kick me off but apparently they're going to bribe shit and throw money around to get me to a psychiatrist (very long waitlists normally)

 

On one hand there's some guilt im not the only fucker who needs a psychiatrist

 

on the other like, this company is super going to bat for me and fighting for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haruki    12665

i was the first person on this site who openly admitted they had a mental illness back in 2004. my diagnosis back then was depression. then it changed to schizophrenia in 2006 when i had a psychotic episode after not sleeping for a week. now it's bipolar-type schizoaffective disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. i've been mostly stable since 2007, being voluntarily hospitalized after having flashbacks in 2013 and not taking medication so my parents wouldn't worry about my insomnia in 2015 and 2017. i want to stop taking medication because it makes me sleep too much and feel tired during the day, but it would be dangerous to go off cold turkey. i tell my therapist and psychiatrist that if they treat my insomnia, then i wouldn't have a manic and/or psychotic episode. they say it's a symptom of mania and my mental illness so they treat all those at the same time with mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics, but i think they just want more money. eastern philosophy, spirituality, and meditation have helped me become symptom-free. i think that's all i need. i live on my own now. my mom passed away about 4 years ago. if i do decide to stop taking medication, my dad who would be the only person to worry about me won't know about it. people who worry about me put me under a lot of stress. i just need sleep to function normally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haruki    12665

in the dsm, it says if i experience mania first and then psychosis, then it's bipolar disorder, which happened to me back in 2006 and every time i was hospitalized. i was diagnosed with schizophrenia and then bipolar-type schizoaffective disorder because they think i experienced just psychosis in 2006 and psychosis first and then mania or psychosis and mania at the same time in 2013. the doctors go by what they observe while i'm at the hospital. they don't know what goes on when i'm at home. my diagnosis should be bipolar disorder, but it's the same treatment and medication, so my therapist and psychiatrist say it really doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haruki    12665

i'm gay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×