Sign in to follow this  
Juhosaphat

'TW'

Juhosaphat    0

TW is my 70' Chevelle that I got almost two years ago now. She aint pretty, but she goes down the track plenty quick. Ended last season with a 13.16 @ 101.5mph with full interior, less suspension work, and less tuning. This year, looking for 12.8-12.9 on motor, and around 12 flat on a 125 shot of nitrous. Oh yeah, that's with a small block btw :DD

The car started out as a 100% bare bones stock Malibu Chevelle. Original owner had the engine rebuilt when the rings went out, so now it's bored .030" over. Lucky for me, they used forged pistons when they rebuilt it. Came with the stock pegleg 10 bolt, 2.73 rear end as well. Yeah, that went too. Replaced by a 12 bolt 3.73 posi rear end. Jegsters lift bars. Front end has Hotchkis 1" drop springs and new shocks all around. Well, I'll just do this...

Old:

Stock 350 bored .030" over

10 bolt 2.73 pegleg rear end

Nasty rusted out dual exhaust

100% stock suspension

New:

Same 350 bored .030" over

228/233 @ .050", .488/.496" cam

2.02/1.60 valves, 64cc chamber heads, roughly 10.5-11:1 compression

Proform 750 carburetor

Heddmen Elite headers with dual 3" Dynomax exhaust w/H-pipe

Powershot 125 shot nitrous

12 bolt 3.73 posi rear end

Jegster lift bars

Hotchkis 1" drop springs in front, new shocks all around

Gutted interior w/sheet metal firewall between trunk and passenger compartment

B&M Megashifter w/Stage 2 shift kit

3000 stall converter

Runs decent on pump premium. Really likes Kemco octance booster. Does nice burnouts and is fast enough for me for now. Pictures rule.

Chevelle001-7.jpg

Chevelle002-5.jpg

Chevelle006.jpg

Chevelle005.jpg

th_Chads2ndattempt.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

The original:

100_0362.jpg

Like I said, she's not pretty, but she's fast and that's all that matters to me. I'm working on getting the body work finished up and getting her painted. Going to do a black paint with ghost silver SS stripes. Should be pretty nice when the paint's done.

Then once the paint is done, work on the next motor begins.

+rei+    34352

thats really fucking sweet. I remembered your 93 BMW and wasnt sure what you were rolling now.

Juhosaphat    0

My 94' Bimmer was still my daily until the starter went out a few months ago. Still haven't gotten around to fixing it haha Might just sell it as is and buy a buddy's nephew's 64' Impala and turn that into my daily. Primered with a brand new motor. Could probably get it for dirt cheap and freshen it up for a grand or two and have a damn nice daily driver Impala.

Honkey Kong    11

That fucker will go like a bat out of hell. I'm guessing she's pushing the 500 mark in HP and close to 350-400 lbs of torque or more?

a car like that can easily rape what's his face's 15 grand eclipse and go back for more.

Juhosaphat    0
That fucker will go like a bat out of hell. I'm guessing she's pushing the 500 mark in HP and close to 350-400 lbs of torque or more?

a car like that can easily rape what's his face's 15 grand eclipse and go back for more.

Right now it's about 300hp to the wheels with around 325tq. Me and all my Chevelle buddy's have a yearly dyno day, so very interested to see what it'll do on nitrous on the dyno. Hoping around 400hp/400tq or so.

Oh yeah, the best part of the car? Including all the mods I've done to it, total budget is still under 5000$ INCLUDING THE COST OF THE CAR. I drove her home for 1000$ :DD

Honkey Kong    11

Right now it's about 300hp to the wheels with around 325tq. Me and all my Chevelle buddy's have a yearly dyno day, so very interested to see what it'll do on nitrous on the dyno. Hoping around 400hp/400tq or so.

Oh yeah, the best part of the car? Including all the mods I've done to it, total budget is still under 5000$ INCLUDING THE COST OF THE CAR. I drove her home for 1000$ :DD

so 4 grand for mods and 1000 for the car. that's pretty good. my brother has put that much into his GM and that's not including the cost of the truck itself, even though he just bought an 87 with a 350 TBI with RV cam headers for 800$, but the damned thing blew up on the way home, so we now know why he got it for that cheap.

Model    864

lolwat

You do realize I'm still hundreds of pounds lighter in the eclipse and I have AWD launch? He'd have to have like an extra 100 whp to make it a race.

Sick car, when you get into the 11s when that happens you'll feel like a champ. Haha.

Sadly, I don't know a lot about american cars so D:

Juhosaphat    0

lolwat

You do realize I'm still hundreds of pounds lighter in the eclipse and I have AWD launch? He'd have to have like an extra 100 whp to make it a race.

Sick car, when you get into the 11s when that happens you'll feel like a champ. Haha.

Sadly, I don't know a lot about american cars so D:

Sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but curb weight on your car, all stock, is almost 3200lbs. Taking out a back seat and emptying your trunk isn't going to dump hundreds of pounds in weight. And swapping your hood is good for maybe 10-15lbs. Aftermarket racing seats sometimes weigh just as much as stock seats unless you go with the really light, hard plastic or sheet metal ones.

I just looked at your build thread, and am curious how you came up with the 420hp+? Have you actually dynoed the car? How much boost are you running? What size intercooler piping? I'm assuming when you say '272 cams' you mean the Crower Stage 2 cams?

I didn't read your whole thread yet, just your parts list and I honestly can't see where the 420hp is coming from unless you've built the internals to the max and are pushing a retarded amount of boost.

Oh yeah, my Chevelle's curb weight with the 350 and th350 trans from the factory is only 3200lbs. Minus the 30-40lbs of seats (That's each, not both together mind you.), back seat which weighs around 20-30lbs, door panel all around which probably totalled another 50lbs of weight or so....What was that about a weight advantage? :P

Juhosaphat    0

Hmm...No response in 11 days...Butt hurt much that somebody who actually know's about cars comes in here and calls you on your shit? haha

Model    864

Or I just haven't been here. I don't get butthurt. Like I said, I don't know enough about american cars for it to matter. I just know that I'd still be 200+pounds lighter than you. In a straight line, I think I could take you. calm down man ^_^

+rei+    34352

er, so lets get back to where we stand on this

"Your car isn't lighter than mine, it weighs this much stock, and even if you did this this and this it'll still be a trivial difference"

"ID STILL BE 200 POUNDS LIGHTER!!1111" you sorta need to back that shit up a bit.

"are you sure you did the math on those add-ons right"

-silence-

And you are -really- overrating AWD launches.

Model    864

-Sigh-

200 pound difference in two stock cars. I do what he does we stay difference.

AWD is amazing, I'm not over rating it.

420 at $15,000 was highballed price and lowballed HP.

Honkey Kong    11
-Sigh-

WAAYYYY Lowballed HP. I know quite a few people who achieved that and beyond for less than 7 grand.

Model    864

Well that 15k covers the cost of the car and a new Engine if that helps fix the pricing problem at all.

Honkey Kong    11
Well that 15k covers the cost of the car and a new Engine if that helps fix the pricing problem at all.

Which is how much for each?

Model    864

Which is how much for each?

I estimated 2k for each item.

Juhosaphat    0
-Sigh-

AWD is not amazing, it's just all four tires helping people launch who don't know how to drive haha It's fun on dirt roads and whatnot, but in a straight line, it doesn't help you much unless you're launching at 5k+ rpm in full boost. Other than that, you won't launch for shit.

You could do what I did and still not be lighter than me as the stock seats in your car only weigh a little more than my aftermarket racing seats. Your door panels and whatnot also weigh a lot less than mine as back when my car was made, they still used steel for a lot of the framing of the door panels.

420hp and 15,000$ doesn't mean shit. Especially when you're doing the whole car on that budget. I don't care how much you say you're spending, I'm looking at the list of mods that you put up and said you were going to do. I don't see anywhere near 420bhp with the mods listed. An AWD launch doesn't add 100+hp to the wheels lol To get to 420bhp with what you have, you'd have to be pushing way more boost than that tiny little DSM motor would be able to handle for very long.

And what's so special about the 11 second range in a quarter mile? Did you see that in a movie? I think you misquoted it from Vin Diesel and his 'You owe me a 10 second car' line in F&F.

Model    864
-Sigh-

AWD is not amazing, it's just all four tires helping people launch who don't know how to drive haha It's fun on dirt roads and whatnot, but in a straight line, it doesn't help you much unless you're launching at 5k+ rpm in full boost. Other than that, you won't launch for shit.

You could do what I did and still not be lighter than me as the stock seats in your car only weigh a little more than my aftermarket racing seats. Your door panels and whatnot also weigh a lot less than mine as back when my car was made, they still used steel for a lot of the framing of the door panels.

420hp and 15,000$ doesn't mean shit. Especially when you're doing the whole car on that budget. I don't care how much you say you're spending, I'm looking at the list of mods that you put up and said you were going to do. I don't see anywhere near 420bhp with the mods listed. An AWD launch doesn't add 100+hp to the wheels lol To get to 420bhp with what you have, you'd have to be pushing way more boost than that tiny little DSM motor would be able to handle for very long.

And what's so special about the 11 second range in a quarter mile? Did you see that in a movie? I think you misquoted it from Vin Diesel and his 'You owe me a 10 second car' line in F&F.

As I've said before. It's a rough estimate on those mods for price and horsepower.

AWD is amazing except for when you're doing a 30 roll or something of the sort.

If you think spinning tires in a rwd beast means you're bad, you're bad.

4g63 with the mods to the engine that I have listed can easily hold 35 to 40 pounds of boost.

I know that 11 seconds isn't super omg quick either but, for a DD that can still take a turn..I think it's pretty nice. I wasn't building it to be a straight line car, I like to actually race in my cars.

+rei+    34352

model you should totally come to my car thread and give protips : [

Juhosaphat    0
As I've said before. It's a rough estimate on those mods for price and horsepower.

4g63 with the mods to the engine that I have listed can easily hold 35 to 40 pounds of boost.

I know that 11 seconds isn't super omg quick either but, for a DD that can still take a turn..I think it's pretty nice. I wasn't building it to be a straight line car, I like to actually race in my cars.

It's not the pistons or the rods or even the crank that's going to fail on a DSM haha When you window your block because of too much boost, you'll know what I mean.

Who spins their rwd tires? haha Maybe for burnouts, but when it comes time to launch, that's what they made slicks and drag radials for.

You actually like to race your cars huh? You a bad little street ricer kiddy? Because you sure talk like one lol "AWD is OMMFG AMAZING!!!" "I like to ACTUALLY race my cars!" haha I bet even having built my car for a straight line drag RACE, I could still take your shitty DSM on a course haha

Model    864

It's not the pistons or the rods or even the crank that's going to fail on a DSM haha When you window your block because of too much boost, you'll know what I mean.

Who spins their rwd tires? haha Maybe for burnouts, but when it comes time to launch, that's what they made slicks and drag radials for.

You actually like to race your cars huh? You a bad little street ricer kiddy? Because you sure talk like one lol "AWD is OMMFG AMAZING!!!" "I like to ACTUALLY race my cars!" haha I bet even having built my car for a straight line drag RACE, I could still take your shitty DSM on a course haha

I wont be running slicks, I've said that before haven't I? Also, you'd take me on a track when I know how well I can drive and the fact that my car can take a turn without having to stop first. Enjoy your awesome suspension work you've done to your car you drag "racer" see you after your over estimate yourself and slam into a tree doing 70 because you can't maneuver a boat on a real track.

Look, It's quite clear you have some inclination of what you're talking about but for real man, you're talking out of your ass and have no idea what a 4g63 is capable of. That's like saying you could beat a built evo in a race. Are you fucking stupid? Evo=4g63. So come on.

Also new internals for said 4g63 can hold 40 pounds of fucking boost from an FP Red. Do you know what that is?

Also, why are you even trying to start shit? Before this post my responses were like a paragraph and you write a book trying to pick my obvious half ass responses apart. Get a life.

+rei+    34352

import vs classic muscle is an amazing showdown here

Juhosaphat    0
I wont be running slicks, I've said that before haven't I? Also, you'd take me on a track when I know how well I can drive and the fact that my car can take a turn without having to stop first. Enjoy your awesome suspension work you've done to your car you drag "racer" see you after your over estimate yourself and slam into a tree doing 70 because you can't maneuver a boat on a real track.

Look, It's quite clear you have some inclination of what you're talking about but for real man, you're talking out of your ass and have no idea what a 4g63 is capable of. That's like saying you could beat a built evo in a race. Are you fucking stupid? Evo=4g63. So come on.

Also new internals for said 4g63 can hold 40 pounds of fucking boost from an FP Red. Do you know what that is?

Also, why are you even trying to start shit? Before this post my responses were like a paragraph and you write a book trying to pick my obvious half ass responses apart. Get a life.

Yes, I'm talking out of my ass lol I'm not the one building up AWD as a super amazing thing, and also now building up the 4g63 motor as something amazing as well lol You missed my point...Putting all new internals in a stock block doesn't make it a bullet proof motor. Yes the 4g63 motor is stout as a stock motor, but unless built to the max, 40psi isn't happening reliably. Hell, I've seen little wannabe racer kiddy's like you blow their blocks up at less than half that amount of boost.

Yes, I'm definitely going to slam into a tree as well because I can't drive. lol I love how everybody that has never drag raced before on a real track, not from a stop light, makes it seem like people who drag race can only go in a straight line haha And also that going in said straight line is that simple lol I've road raced before and know the limits of all of my vehicles. So that tree you think I'm going to run into at 70mph because I don't know how to drive? I think it's safe haha

And no, I don't know what an FP Red turbo is. I'm just some dumb hick that drives in a straight line really fast and likes hitting trees at 70mph haha Get a life? I'll get right on that. The 5-10 minutes I spend on this forum every day or so really takes away from the rest of my life haha The only reason I pick apart your halfass responses is to try and get a thought out, knowledgable response, that you've yet to give me.

I've asked more than once where you came up with the 420bhp number and never got a response. That's a real simple question isn't it? I've looked at all the parts you're claiming to be using and just can't see where you're getting it from. Pulling it out of your ass? I'm also assuming you're having somebody put this together for you. Or is this some build you found online and just want people to think you're building something? lol

Model    864

Yes, I'm talking out of my ass lol I'm not the one building up AWD as a super amazing thing, and also now building up the 4g63 motor as something amazing as well lol You missed my point...Putting all new internals in a stock block doesn't make it a bullet proof motor. Yes the 4g63 motor is stout as a stock motor, but unless built to the max, 40psi isn't happening reliably. Hell, I've seen little wannabe racer kiddy's like you blow their blocks up at less than half that amount of boost.

Yes, I'm definitely going to slam into a tree as well because I can't drive. lol I love how everybody that has never drag raced before on a real track, not from a stop light, makes it seem like people who drag race can only go in a straight line haha And also that going in said straight line is that simple lol I've road raced before and know the limits of all of my vehicles. So that tree you think I'm going to run into at 70mph because I don't know how to drive? I think it's safe haha

And no, I don't know what an FP Red turbo is. I'm just some dumb hick that drives in a straight line really fast and likes hitting trees at 70mph haha Get a life? I'll get right on that. The 5-10 minutes I spend on this forum every day or so really takes away from the rest of my life haha The only reason I pick apart your halfass responses is to try and get a thought out, knowledgable response, that you've yet to give me.

I've asked more than once where you came up with the 420bhp number and never got a response. That's a real simple question isn't it? I've looked at all the parts you're claiming to be using and just can't see where you're getting it from. Pulling it out of your ass? I'm also assuming you're having somebody put this together for you. Or is this some build you found online and just want people to think you're building something? lol

I had an eclipse back in the day. I love it. So I'm building it again. The one I had didn't have quite this amount of work put into it but, I love dsm, the 4g63, and 1st Gen Eclipse's. You care more about this than I do. Let's just say that if I really wanted to beat you in a race and I couldn't do it in the Eclipse I build I'm sure I could get a hold of a 4g63 that could.