Endless

2010 FIFA World Cup

Endless    333

UPDATED FOR STAGE 2

World Cup Project : http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry2469255

Group A

South Africa

Mexico A2

Uruguay A1

France

Group B

Argentina B1

Nigeria

Korea Republic B2

Greece

Group C

England C2

USA C1

Algeria

Slovenia

Group D

Germany D1

Australia

Serbia

Ghana D2

Group E

Netherlands E1

Denmark

Japan E2

Cameroon

Group F

Italy

Paraguay F1

New Zealand

Slovakia F2

Group G

Brazil G1

Korea DPR

Cote de Ivoire

Portugal G2

Group H

Spain H1

Switzerland

Honduras

Chile H2

Thoughts and predictions? =D

»Liquid Snake    4567

I was going to make this thread closer to the date, it doesn't matter regardless. I can not wait for this to begin, there's few things I've ever anticipated more because this time England have the manager as well as the talent and a very favourable draw.

I feel really bad for the African teams in a way because this is their world cup however they all got the most ridiculous difficult draws, it seems like that the better the African team the harder their draw. Ivory Coast have a very small chance of progressing but if you switch them with any other African team except South Africa or maybe Ghana I'd say they'd be favourites to progress. It sucks because in 2006 Ivory Coast got Holland/Argentina which is just so sick, to get group of death'd two world cups running.

Also South Africa's groups is amazingly difficult for a top seeded team, getting France from pot D was harsh and of course there were far easier teams in pot B than Mexico. I think that there's a good chance no African teams will progress past the group stages which is a pity, more Egypt needed imo.

Top scorer I think will be out or Rooney, Villa, Fabiano and other good candidates Torres and Messi. If Torres and Messi scored as many for their countries as they did for their clubs I'd have them as favourites, in terms of favourites to win the competition I'd rank the teams as follows

Brazil, Spain

England, Holland

Italy, Germany, Argentina

Portugal, France

I don't think anybody else are capable, if Portugal can reach the quarters it will be because they have either finished top of a group with Brazil or knocked out Spain so if they make it that far they can definitely do it.

»Liquid Snake    4567

Group A

France

Mexico

Group B

Argentina

Greece

Group C

England

USA

Group D

Germany

Serbia

Group E

Netherlands

Denmark

Group F

Italy

Paraguay

Group G

Brazil

Portugal

Group H

Spain

Chile

Therefore

France vs. Greece

England vs. Serbia

Holland vs. Paraguay

Brazil vs. Chile

Argentina vs. Mexico

Germany vs. USA

Italy vs. Denmark

Spain vs. Portugal

Not even going to bother predicting those until the squads are announced at the earliest.

Endless    333
I was going to make this thread closer to the date, it doesn't matter regardless. I can not wait for this to begin, there's few things I've ever anticipated more because this time England have the manager as well as the talent and a very favourable draw.

Yeah sorry about that thought it might be a bit early , but what the hell ;P

I'll post my predictions in a couple days

»Liquid Snake    4567

It's cool, I can definitely discuss the World Cup before it actually starts continuously for 40+ days. I'm a Liverpool fan, what else do I have to look forward too? I'm sure Arsenal fans feel the same (actually I still have the Europa League).

geolink    23

fuck yeah go greece and england!

cant wait for the fantasy to start as well.

stein_dragon    39

As an England fan I can only see 1 team winning :)

As a football fan I would say there are 3 main contenders England, Spain and Brazil with Holland as an outsider but I would think Spain are favourites because of their strength in depth I mean ffs Valdes, Palop don't even make the squad and players like Guiza, Senna, Mata and Arteta struggle to make the first team not that the other teams don't have strength in depth but that is just ridiculous

tl;dr - England Fan POV: England to win

Football Fan POV: Spain to win

N e J i    902

I agree that Brazil and Spain are the 2 favorites, but Brazil clearly has the edge. They proved during the qualification rounds that they're really solid. Plus they won the Confederations Cup. Also, Kaka's season wasn't that good so I think he'll be extra motivated to perform better.

Spain on the other hand has 2 really really important players injured atm, Iniesta and Torres. Getting them in shape for the WC will be tough. Barça players will also be tired after this season, regardless if they pass or not to the finals today. Remember how terrible Ronaldinho was during the last WC after winning the CL?

If Argentina's coach wasn't Maradona, they'd be one of the favorites because their squad is amazing.

Holland is amazing and I'm curious to see how they'll perform.

Last word for Portugal. They're crap. If CRonaldo and Deco are able to play their best game, then they have a shot at doing something. Still, after what I said about Brazil, if they'd qualified in 2nd, then they'd meet Spain and that's prolly game over.

»Farley    1035

Really looking forward to it. Obviously hoping that Australia will upset and advance. England will be my second team of choice.

Endless    333

I think AUS will pull it off

»Farley    1035

I don't think we were favorites to advance in 2006 either.

Mark Schwarzer is a beast.

jared    133
Brazil and Portugal in the same group? dammit

Vamooos Portugal

»Frantic    661

It's cool, I can definitely discuss the World Cup before it actually starts continuously for 40+ days. I'm a Liverpool fan, what else do I have to look forward too? I'm sure Arsenal fans feel the same (actually I still have the Europa League).

CL football next year?

»Frantic    661
I agree that Brazil and Spain are the 2 favorites, but Brazil clearly has the edge. They proved during the qualification rounds that they're really solid. Plus they won the Confederations Cup. Also, Kaka's season wasn't that good so I think he'll be extra motivated to perform better.

Spain on the other hand has 2 really really important players injured atm, Iniesta and Torres. Getting them in shape for the WC will be tough. Barça players will also be tired after this season, regardless if they pass or not to the finals today. Remember how terrible Ronaldinho was during the last WC after winning the CL?

If Argentina's coach wasn't Maradona, they'd be one of the favorites because their squad is amazing.

Last word for Portugal. They're crap. If CRonaldo and Deco are able to play their best game, then they have a shot at doing something. Still, after what I said about Brazil, if they'd qualified in 2nd, then they'd meet Spain and that's prolly game over.

Yeah, couldn't disagree with more with everything said in this post. You point out RONALDINHO was tired? Because he was also the poster boy for being in perfect shape, never taking a game off and the peak of human condition.

Spain are much, much better then Brazil. Only Maicon would make the Spain starting XI. Torres, Iniesta and Fabregas will all be fine for the World Cup. If anyone is not 100%, they have guys like Silva, Navas, Guiza and Mata as subs. Immense depth. One of Torres or Cesc likely won't even start, where they'd be the best player on the Brazil squad.

»Frantic    661
Was talking about this season.

But that's not the mantra of a true Liverpool fan.

N e J i    902

Yeah, couldn't disagree with more with everything said in this post. You point out RONALDINHO was tired? Because he was also the poster boy for being in perfect shape, never taking a game off and the peak of human condition.

Spain are much, much better then Brazil. Only Maicon would make the Spain starting XI. Torres, Iniesta and Fabregas will all be fine for the World Cup. If anyone is not 100%, they have guys like Silva, Navas, Guiza and Mata as subs. Immense depth. One of Torres or Cesc likely won't even start, where they'd be the best player on the Brazil squad.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

»Frantic    661

Of course Brazil could easily win it all, they're second favorites. But if Spain played Brazil, I'd expect Spain to win 7/10, maybe 1 draw and 2 Brazil victories.

Endless    333

Group A

Mexico

France

Group B

Argentina

Greece

Group C

England

USA

Group D

Germany