Sign in to follow this  
Mobile Suit Pikachu

Audi

+rei+    34352

I drive a volkswagen, what do you want from me

they drive very well, are immensely comfortable, but im not a fan of most of their exterior looks and can't shake the "I could get this for less with a VW badge" feeling

That said they're awesome cars and id totally rock one (honestly I prefer the driving feel of an audi to a mercedes. And of course the R8 is just a mindblowingly good car, usurping the 911 in a lot of ways in terms of 'epic german sports car' in that price bracket)

Juhosaphat    0

One of my buddies has a teacher at his tech school that has an Audi (Can't remember which one, but a bit older. 99' or so.) that's pushing 65lbs of boost on stock internals. That should be enough said right there.

Marth    1
I would kill for an R8 soooo bad.

Me to... I drive an A3 09 and they are very very nice cars, a bit pricey for what ya get though, but so are most cars like it

BlitZ    0

For awhile in NZ if you won the lottery, you got an Audi R8, then in my hometown of 30,000 people there was a guy frequently driving one, I was like "Woah, someone in Ashburton won the lottery?!" My friend replied "Nah, I know the guy, he just bought it." /envy

R8 is a car I'd like to have (not on my top 10 list though) but other Audi's are generally reliable, and the RS4 is pretty sick. Old TT models are average, but the newer ones are pretty cool, if you like the design of it (which I'm not a big fan).

+rei+    34352
european cars are for people that think they know about cars but probably couldn't change their own oil and spark plugs.

but.. but... my car doesn't -have- spark plugs

european cars are for people that think they know about cars but probably couldn't change their own oil and spark plugs.

put some NGK iridiums or Bosch Platinum +4's in it then. =/

btw, i was expecting you to say that american cars are for inbred rednecks. =s

Mavrik    31
One of my buddies has a teacher at his tech school that has an Audi (Can't remember which one, but a bit older. 99' or so.) that's pushing 65lbs of boost on stock internals. That should be enough said right there.

i came

+rei+    34352

put some NGK iridiums or Bosch Platinum +4's in it then. =/

btw, i was expecting you to say that american cars are for inbred rednecks. =s

My car is a diesel and never will have spark plugs.

nah, American cars are an affordable alternative to the european cars that generally drive better than them. Crysler and GM still run into a few quality control problems that are less common on European cars excluding the brits and the Mexican-made VWs.

While its not like I can compare entire continents for driving performance, even the us cars that perform well I find have way too much power steering assist.

steering assists? lol. my cars power steering is very minimal and i have height and compression adjustable front coilovers in my car. i doubt many things can wrench your spine out from the factory like my car. i did invest about 3 grand on my front suspension though. =o

edit: i forgot your car is a diesel.

+rei+    34352

I'm of course talking stock. The modifcation scene has never been as strong on European cars as American and Japanese ones outside of VW

+rei+    34352

AD what do you drive again?

+rei+    34352

BMW is better, no matter how trendy Audi is at the time

+rei+    34352

That thing must be fun as hell.

Lately I've been wanting to get like, a track car to fuck around with and not need to pay crazy insurance on. Maybe an old WRX or something

+rei+    34352

every subaru made since 1993 is full time 4wd

every subaru made since 1993 is full time 4wd

the ft-86, which is a partnership between subaru and toyota is rear wheel drive. it's a subaru boxer motor on a toyota chassis, inspired by the 1986 toyota corolla which is a popular drift car.

small FWD cars are good for sprint tracks also. the zx3/rs/svt focus come to mind, as well as the scion tc, but that's like the new ricer car and parts for it are nowhere near cheap. the focus has better power/weight ratio, is more economic, handles better, and is cheaper to buy and gets parts for anyways. =)

i'm building a focus on the side actually. *guilty*

+rei+    34352

I keep forgetting about Scion, they only came to Canada this year

idk I'm racist against FWD because im a bad driver and 240 lbs/ft of torque is a lot of wheelspin if you've driven AWD all your life

I keep forgetting about Scion, they only came to Canada this year

idk I'm racist against FWD because im a bad driver and 240 lbs/ft of torque is a lot of wheelspin if you've driven AWD all your life

well that's the beauty of a sprint car. the tracks they race on rarely ever exceed speed of ~90 mph, so it's not about power. i know plenty of people that have small hatchbacks with less than 200 hp and lbs of torque and they wreck sprint tracks.