»victor    6400

Best episode so far. Its all happening.

Lol at Renley and Flowers dick sucking scene. Not in book but guess its there for events of the second to make more sense, so they know why he goes for king. Can't remember if the book ever implied him being gay, I just thought it just said he was immature.

In the first book it is said they spend lots of time in private together. There's tons of innuendo in the later books though.

Loras Tyrell is the Knight of Flowers, part of the Rainbow Guard

The fact that the girl he married was still a maid is important later on -> her family wants to marry her to King Tommen after King Joffrey dies.

Plus, his sexuality is brought up in insults by Stannis and Jaime in later books.

I actually dislike how they made it so explicit here. They are trading off the subtlety and nuance of the book for the shock value of HBO television, appealing to a gay audience, etc.

The Robert-Cersei scene was good though.

»Farley    1301

Lol at Renley and Flowers dick sucking scene. Not in book but guess its there for events of the second to make more sense, so they know why he goes for king. Can't remember if the book ever implied him being gay, I just thought it just said he was immature.

In the first book it is said they spend lots of time in private together. There's tons of innuendo in the later books though.

The fact that the girl he married was still a maid is important later on -> her family wants to marry her to King Tommen after King Joffrey dies.

Plus, his sexuality is brought up in insults by Stannis and Jaime in later books.

I actually dislike how they made it so explicit here. They are trading off the subtlety and nuance of the book for the shock value of HBO television, appealing to a gay audience, etc.

Yeah I'm only like a third through second as it stands. While I think that part was over the top HBO drama, I think they definitely have to make things more blunt as I assume a lot of people would struggle to follow all the tangled story lines as it is. I mean the whole bastard/seed is strong is a lot more obvious in the show.

I agree good inclusion.

»Rimmer    2238

shit just got real

Also, fuck that guard.

I was genuinely interested in who would win between Jaime and Ned.

Seduction    52

Yeah I'm only like a third through second as it stands. While I think that part was over the top HBO drama, I think they definitely have to make things more blunt as I assume a lot of people would struggle to follow all the tangled story lines as it is. I mean the whole bastard/seed is strong is a lot more obvious in the show.

I agree good inclusion.

Loras pretty much comes out and says he and Renly were lovers in the third book. Tryion asks Loras why he joined the Kings guard. The subject of love comes up and Loras says something along the lines of "A candle is nothing compared to the sun which has set".

Indignation    2856

Wow the third book... Is fucking insane. I'm 700 pages in and its COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE. And its crazy, seriously. Best book out of the first 3 although this series plays with your emotions a fuck ton.

»Rimmer    2238

Anyone got a link to a stream for episode 7? The one I usually use only has episode 6.

»victor    6400

Anyone got a link to a stream for episode 7? The one I usually use only has episode 6.

sidereel.com

»Rimmer    2238

Still only goes up to episode 6 =/

»Rimmer    2238

HBO aired it online right after 6 on their HBOGo subscription service.

Jordan123    1547

Loving this right now but is it supposed to be fantasy or hints of it? Because they kind of abandoned the Whitewalker idea at the start, or are leaving it for later. And I have no idea about the Dragon Eggs.

Lamp    1430

HBO aired it online right after 6 on their HBOGo subscription service.

Does anyone know if they'll keep doing this the next weeks? Because I just saw Ep7 and

I don't think I can wait 2 weeks for that cliffhanger to unravel. :(

Blex64    163

Loving this right now but is it supposed to be fantasy or hints of it? Because they kind of abandoned the Whitewalker idea at the start, or are leaving it for later. And I have no idea about the Dragon Eggs.

The show is still kind of trolling you on what the series is really about. Things get more and more fantastic as you get farther in.

»Rimmer    2238

That's why I bought the book. Couldn't stand waiting to know what happened next.

• Upvote 3