SSJ Grumpig    5620

im a survivor of house beyonce

Telvin123    387

Damn, even I have to admit this episode was pretty boring overall. Like, I love the dialogue, humor, etc., but it can get so frustrating when the episodes are only so long lol

I'm also salty that we didn't get to see Arya kill the Waif. Next week however... the hype is real.

+rei+    34681

idk he preferred chicken hype?

• Upvote 1

+Sophocles    3079

Arya's storyline was sort of ehh. If she can get stabbed in the gut and just sleep it off with no consequence (you can't go sprinting like that and sldiing under carts without tearing your stitches, come on) what's even the point of her getting stabbed in the first place? c'mon...

2 seasons in Braavos just for her to go 'screw you guys I'm going home', nice.

Varys is going to die, isn't he? T_T

UN-FUCKING-CONFIRMED BOYS

+Sophocles    3079

I still thnk Cleganebowl is more likely to happen than not, tho, there'll just be some detours required and at some point there'll be a sufficiently dramatic moment where the crown reintroduces trial by combat

I can't believe we didn't get to see dragons burn shit

+Mascis    4558

this is the worst season of game of thrones yet tbh

• Downvote 1

»Relianah    4515
1 hour ago, Mascis said:

this is the worst season of game of thrones yet tbh

did you watch last season? 

• Upvote 5

+Mascis    4558
57 minutes ago, Relianah said:

did you watch last season? 

yeah sure dorne sucks yadda yadda yadda but none of the shit this season so far is any good except for the obvious big 2 moments.

just look at this episode for example, ayra stuff has been sequenced poorly since she decided to not kill lady crane. she acts like an idiot who has never heard of the faceless men once she left. i can't buy that she can run from and kill waif with those stab wounds. it makes sense that she is gonna leave bravos, but how the fuck are the faceless men just going to let her go so easily? tyrion stuff just makes him look like a moron and not the actual smartest man alive we're supposed to believe that he is. then ending the story there with dany coming in is so damn underwhelming. i get that it's a tv show, they want you to watch the next the episodes, but everything with dany and mareen this season has me groaning because the writing has just been so bad. the cersi stuff was alright, but again underwhelming as a whole. it's cool that sandor meets up with thoros and berric but again, nothing actually happens. riverrun was so bad and fanservicery for no gosh darn reason. the whole bronn/pod and jamie/briane was pointless. jamie's key's motivations are that he loves cersi so much that he'll do anything is like a complete 180 of who he was in early seasons. he was set-up a swarmy sister-fucking douchebag but over time we realize he's a complicated guy who struggles between his duty to his family, his king, and his image. that bath scene with briane shows us he's quite sympathetic. except now for whatever reason he's back to just being a scumbag again. 

this season just brings down so many characters, in terms of both intellect and likability. at least in season 5, the characters came across as more competent a truer to who they were in seasons prior. many of the arcs and storylines that have transpired over the course of this season have fell on their face. 

also, im not sure when they started doing this, characters just seem to be teleporting to places that we've seen take episodes/a season to get to for the sake on convenience to the plot. it's just lousy writing.

• Downvote 1

anduril38    358

I'm afraid I agree with above. Problem for me is I've read the books. And the point of GOT was to be an adaptation. But it's such a poor adaptation it really leaves a sour taste in the mouth of any book-lovers of the series. Of course the books have massive glaring problems too, but the last 2-3 seasons, Game of Thrones has seriously gone downhill. 

While I feel this season isn't as bad as season 5, there are still tons of problems. 

• Upvote 2

Bref    276

The showrunners said that there would be only 15 episodes left (give or take) after this season (don't know why) hence the teleportation device and why the pace became so fast.

Last episode must be the worst one ever plot-wise, it was terribly done and made everything that happened to Arya the last 2 seasons look like filler. The blackfish stuff was even worse, why bring him back just to kill him off 2 episodes later. Not to mention that he'd rather die a pointless death than help his granddaughter.

I hope Arya will stumble into Theon before the end of the season, it won't redeem the arc but would still be great. And if I were to guess I'd say that the point of bringing the blackfish and the brotherhood back out of nowhere was to reintroduce that character who can't speak (forgot how to put spoilers on dgz but book readers will know who that is) but in this case I really hope they won't.

SSJ Grumpig    5620

my main takeaways

blackfish deserved a better ending. if you couldn't write one then at least fucking show it you god daMN MOTHER UFAKCNSJABNFKJBAS

i guess brynden tully in the show is kinda his own char vs the books because it seemed really out of character for him to just die because he's "ready." this dude is an old soldier - which you don't get to be in this world without learning how to retreat, + he has an opportunity to help his blood  - who would then potentially help him take back his home. and i have a seriously hard time believing the blackfish would ever give up like that - he strikes me as a man who would have to be brought down clawing and biting every inch of the way

ma nigga sandor tearin shit up once again good to see. moar progression tho pls

watching the arya parts made me glad i was high while watching. benioff and weiss are the actual literal plot hole kings and clearly dont give a flying fuck about the original source material anymore, having fallen in love with their own deified perception of series after "making it their own"

tyrion drinking with grey worm+missandei was next level ultimate cringe, prob the worst ive seen on the show barring most dany scenes. speaking of holy shit ROFL when she walked in the door, her acting/the camera angle/the setup was straight out of a 90s adventure show, i fucking died

and the biggest problem i have... jaime fucking lannister. i won't spoil the books but they left out details about his convo with edmure that are intrinsic to his development as a character. instead the show just decided to have him be the devil-may-care gotta get back to my sweet sister vag antihero - which we kinda knew from the last season, but it's still sad to see in book-adapted material. they had a blueprint to create one of the most complex and interesting characters in modern television, and instead opted for dorne.

• Upvote 2

anduril38    358

Jaime's book to show butchery is indeed one of the worst crimes of the "adaptation" for sure. Then again, they've fucked up on most of the characters, to be honest. 

SSJ Grumpig    5620
1 hour ago, anduril38 said:

Jaime's book to show butchery is indeed one of the worst crimes of the "adaptation" for sure. Then again, they've fucked up on most of the characters, to be honest. 

Lord-Mace-Tyrell-306x284.jpg

the-three-eyed-raven.jpg

gameofthrones-sam-gilly-178906.png

sand-snakes-dorne.gif

• Upvote 3

anduril38    358

I could name at least another dozen characters they fucked up on... :( 

SSJ Grumpig    5620

yeah i was gonna keep going but woulda been too long

anduril38    358

How true. They've also removed pretty much all of the best speeches from the books >.> 

Like this one for god's sake. Stannis's arc was completely butchered. 

Joe.    4932

Complete guess - likely 100% wrong speculation 

I still love Jaime. I honestly think he is going to be the one that kills Cersei. He killed to protect King's Landing from Wildfire once. Would be epic if he did it twice.

• Upvote 5

+rei+    34681

it probably was

Medb    773
3 hours ago, Jesus the Jew said:

Hide contents

Why was Jaquen smiling at the end? It almost seemed like that was the result he wanted.

I'm with rei on it. I think Jaqen knew she wanted vengeance, I don't think it was a coincidence he sent her to go study the target of a play depicting one of the people she hates the most.  Plus, he helped her to be trained into a fairly skilled combatant, a cunning one, one that would actually be able to survive alone in Westeros.  Not to mention, she also got rid of the Waif, who while also a student, was another one driven by anger in seems, which seems to be a big no-no for Faceless Men, while essentially teaching Arya that enemies could be around every corner.  Now, the big question is to find out *why* he wanted her trained so well.  I mean, we gather from the beginning that he has a fondness for her, but we have nothing else to go on outside of that.

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34681

Maybe he simply saw a child who thought she knew what she wanted but he realized she didn't, but he was equipped to give her some of the tools she needed while helping her realize that her identity was important to her

Medb    773

That could be. I never really thought of him as an altruistic person.

Faint    5860

Yeah I think there would be a lot more there in terms of story if there were 4-5 more seasons remaining