»Satchmo    3222

Ihaven't been that satisfied in a while

A moment of silence for wun wun

»Tygo    14122

Too much is going right this season and it's making me not trust anything. 

Grimey    8114

Absolutely ecstatic that Ramsey was fed to the hounds, it's exactly how I wanted him to die. 

(I don't understand the reason for spoilers; don't view the thread if you're not up to date on the latest episode? The internet is a dangerous place, I find spoilers literally everywhere so I don't feel bad if people get spoiled by purposefully clicking on a potential spoiler) 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Telvin123    387
27 minutes ago, Tygo said:

Too much is going right this season and it's making me not trust anything. 

I feel you, I didn't feel safe until the very end of that episode. And even then, you just know something will happen to balance it out. 

anduril38    358

Meh, I thought the battle was disappointing overall. So much plot armour and Deus Ex Machina thrown in...I guess it's to be expected. 

At least Dany actually did something for once. And the ending was highly satisfying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Telvin123    387
5 minutes ago, anduril38 said:

Meh, I thought the battle was disappointing overall. So much plot armour and Deus Ex Machina thrown in...I guess it's to be expected. 

At least Dany actually did something for once. And the ending was highly satisfying. 

What was the Deus Ex Machina?

Bref    276
5 hours ago, Telvin123 said:

What was the Deus Ex Machina?

Probably Jon evading death like 50 times in 10 minutes. Once he fell on the floor and right after that a douzen arrows all fell within an inch of his body without touching him. I thought that part was pretty cool, really portrays Jon as the mystical savior and all.

The episode was super cliche from start to finish but it was made so well it didn't even matter tbh

I was rooting for Ramsay the whole time though, he really wiped the floor with Jon. I loved the "you know that one for one fight you were talking about? I've reconsidered, sounds like a wonderful idea" when all of his men are dead lol, amazing character sad to see him go

• Downvote 2

+rei+    34681

That's not what deus ex machina means; if anything the army of the vale was closer if it wasn't already foreshadowed 

• Upvote 2

+Sophocles    3079

There were at least two moments when John was about to get killed but a horse conveniently mowed the guy down in an extremely comical fashion

I liked the Girl Power scene between Yara and Danny but the 'no more raiding' deal was kind of bullshit. "It's our way of life but ok if you insist lol" Kind of hard to believe she'd agree to that, it's not like she's shown any moral objections to the practice anyway.

"we do not sow" doesn't become your creed if you have a lot of fertile land available. Either Yara's straight up lying or she's going to get killed over that deal.

+Sophocles    3079

Other things:

- Did they even give Rickon a line this season before killing him? Don't think so, brutal lol

- All Littlefinger does this episode is have that smug grin on his stupid mug. As is tradition, of course

- Rip Wun Wun :(((((

anduril38    358

Not the first person they brought back then killed pointlessly, the producers have a hardon for doing that. 

»Tygo    14122

Ash I want my Damn imgur link

• Upvote 1

+rei+    34681

it usually comes overnight between mon and tues and i post it tues morning

~Seal~    143
3 hours ago, rei said:

That's not what deus ex machina means; if anything the army of the vale was closer if it wasn't already foreshadowed 

The Army of the Vale was set up like 4 episodes ago between Littlefinger and his nephew.

9 hours ago, anduril38 said:

Writers/directors explained this. When they were trying to find a true medieval battle adaptation, they really couldnt find a great one and that so much of survival in those battles of absolute chaos and randomness came down to luck more than skill 

I watched it on demand so there was an extra 10 mins explaining shi 

• Upvote 2

+rei+    34681
10 minutes ago, ~Seal~ said:

The Army of the Vale was set up like 4 episodes ago between Littlefinger and his nephew.

Yeah, hence "if it wasn't already forshadowed"

~Seal~    143
3 minutes ago, rei said:

Yeah, hence "if it wasn't already forshadowed"

I thought it was inquisitive since you didn't use "but it was already forshadowed"

+rei+    34681

I needed a comma after closer.

Either way close calls with death aren't deus ex machina

anduril38    358

It was plot armour more then anything. Sure enough, Littlefinger's arrival was foreshadowing, but having them conveniently show up as the Stark/wild ling army is being slaughtered is a bit of a cop-out. 

It's just irritating because they could have done so much more. In the book there were so many interesting plots and factions at work in the Battle for the North, and I just feel it was a very stripped and poor adaptation of it. 

Telvin123    387
15 minutes ago, anduril38 said:

It was plot armour more then anything. Sure enough, Littlefinger's arrival was foreshadowing, but having them conveniently show up as the Stark/wild ling army is being slaughtered is a bit of a cop-out. 

It's just irritating because they could have done so much more. In the book there were so many interesting plots and factions at work in the Battle for the North, and I just feel it was a very stripped and poor adaptation of it. 

I mean, it's a battle, shit happens. Wouldn't really do us much good for the story for Jon to die as soon as he's brought back. I did find it humorous that Melisandre addressed that though. Even despite the unlikelihood of him dying, I genuinely was not completely sure he'd make it, namely during the scenes where he was being slowly suffocated. Had to have the episode end completely before it felt "safe". This is the show that traditionally lacks plot armor for nearly everyone, so I think it's okay if they showcase it from time to time lol

As for Littlefinger, we'll see if next episode gives any insight, but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited for a bit before attempting to save them. The bulk of Ramsay's forces are there distracted, making it easier to kill them. And the less of Snow's forces to deal with, the easier it is for Littlefinger to take over I imagine. If that is the case, I wonder if it's Sansa or Littlefinger that made that decision. Probably Littlefinger tbh, but Sansa was so coldhearted concerning Rickon, that it wouldn't be completely surprising if she was being ruthlessly pragmatic. Neither of them really give a shit about Jon's army, and while I don't think Sansa would want to see him die, she clearly doesn't trust him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anduril38 said:

I agree this could have been done better. Sansa could have met Littlefinger the night of the battle and explained things. Littlefinger could have showed up earlier. Last min heroics are played out. 

48 minutes ago, Telvin123 said:

I mean, it's a battle, shit happens. Wouldn't really do us much good for the story for Jon to die as soon as he's brought back. I did find it humorous that Melisandre addressed that though. Even despite the unlikelihood of him dying, I genuinely was not completely sure he'd make it, namely during the scenes where he was being slowly suffocated. Had to have the episode end completely before it felt "safe". This is the show that traditionally lacks plot armor for nearly everyone, so I think it's okay if they showcase it from time to time lol

As for Littlefinger, we'll see if next episode gives any insight, but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited for a bit before attempting to save them. The bulk of Ramsay's forces are there distracted, making it easier to kill them. And the less of Snow's forces to deal with, the easier it is for Littlefinger to take over I imagine. If that is the case, I wonder if it's Sansa or Littlefinger that made that decision. Probably Littlefinger tbh, but Sansa was so coldhearted concerning Rickon, that it wouldn't be completely surprising if she was being ruthlessly pragmatic. Neither of them really give a shit about Jon's army, and while I don't think Sansa would want to see him die, she clearly doesn't trust him.

Eh I think you give the writers too much credit. Would be great, but I cant imagine Sansa wouldn't be outraged at the thought of her entire family to her knowledge being allowed to be killed. Possible, but crosses a line even for her and given her father's death, it would be a bit out of character. 

48 minutes ago, Telvin123 said:

Eh I think you give the writers too much credit. Would be great, but I cant imagine Sansa wouldn't be outraged at the thought of her entire family to her knowledge being allowed to be killed. Possible, but crosses a line even for her and given her father's death, it would be a bit out of character.