victor

Game of Thrones TV Show

2135 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, thoroughly modern afgncaap said:

I think Cersei knew that Tommen would be out of the picture shortly after her episode. In her mind, all three of her children are as good as dead because of the hag's prophecy. 

You can make that argument, but based on everything we've seen of Cersei's character, and how much she loves her children (likely the only thing she love truly), it would strain credulity that she would do anything that could risk offing them. 

2 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

How the fuck did I miss that joke opportunity

I was expecting "Hail Hydra" at first.

I know that's a high-quality meme because I've never watched wrestling but I can hear the trumpets in my head anyway.

12 hours ago, my bloody arcanine said:

I can't see Arya killing Cersei. I feel that Cersei's death has to be a lot more tragic, rather than a sweet revenge, which is why I would guess it will be related to Jaime.

Well, it would also be tragic if Cersei killed Jaime instead (as she gets drunker with power, she gets less attached to Jaime). If Arya doesn't kill Cersei, she becomes irrelevant. Unless she dies, which I really doubt it.

3 hours ago, N e J i said:
15 hours ago, my bloody arcanine said:

I can't see Arya killing Cersei. I feel that Cersei's death has to be a lot more tragic, rather than a sweet revenge, which is why I would guess it will be related to Jaime.

Well, it would also be tragic if Cersei killed Jaime instead (as she gets drunker with power, she gets less attached to Jaime). If Arya doesn't kill Cersei, she becomes irrelevant. Unless she dies, which I really doubt it.

My money is on Jaime killing Cersei. 

For me, part of it is all the time spent this season with Arya watching that play where we saw her slowly sympathize towards the character of Cersei being performed. Perhaps I am putting too much faith on that and y'all don't even interpret it that way. Aside from that, it's been said already with all the Kingslayer relations to Wildfire and the Mad King. It just seems extremely fitting.

so i guess young griff is completely out of the picture now, cuz i can almost guarantee that r+l=j will not hold true in the books

I was thinking Jaime was going to kill Cersei myself. The way he was looking at her when she was sitting on the throne was not a look of love... 1 year is too long to wait till the next season. I'll probably go back and re-watch all the seasons. I planned on buying the books since I've heard the story goes in a different direction. 

17 hours ago, Satella said:

I was expecting "Hail Hydra" at first.

I was expecting "jet fuel can't melt steel beams"

On 6/27/2016 at 8:48 AM, Sophocles said:

Hide contents

Loved the cinematography of the first half of the episode, from the buildup to the explosion to Tommen's deadpan suicide - a lot of people expected him to kick the bucket at some point but I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Given that Rhaegar Targaryen abducted Lyanna Stark to be his bride and that's whose grunts Ned was rescuing her from, it's just the most obvious implication. John being Lyanna Stark's bastars as opposed to Ned Stark's bastard also has 0 narrative impact as far as I can tell. I think the Robert remark just mainly served to make it clear that he's not Robert's child she was carrying before she was kidnapped.

Also can't imagine loony Rhaegar would leave her alive or not forcibly abort the child if it wasn't his.

I was under the impression that Rhaegar did not rape Lyanna. He was not the loony Targaryean. It seems very much like a consensual relationship. In fact, I assume he loved her because he left his best knight to protect her even though they were facing a huge battle elsewhere.

I'm so happy that Olenna Tyrell did what we all have wanted:

Made those fucking Sand Snakes shut the fuck up for once.

ye like I posted earlier I had a brain fart and equated Rhaegar and Aerys for a second, Rhaegar was a stand-up guy if a bit tragically stupid

Honestly can't wait 1 year for this shit :( 

Before the episode airs and I get shit on by spoilers; where are you guys livestreaming GoT episodes/watching episodes that have passed? Last season I had such a horrible time constantly searching for new websites to livestream it through. 

(I don't have or plan on purchasing HBO) (I am also aware some bars livestream the episode but I'd like to watch it at home) 

Check out Kodi.

Cant fucking wait.

I want to see a main character death today.

I thought the premiere was okay, lots of setting necessary things into motion

I enjoyed it for what it had to be. Could've used a lot less... shit.

12 minutes ago, Tygo said:

I enjoyed it for what it had to be. Could've used a lot less... shit.

Filler in a shortned season really bothers me

5 minutes ago, iSlickz said:

Filler in a shortned season really bothers me

Agreed. And I'm not liking how this is shaping up to be more of a setup season. 

Is no one going to mention the grating Ed Sheeran cameo?

Who thought that was a good idea, the guy's a great singer, he can write nice songs, there's no reason to put him in here and mess with my immersion like that. =-|

I hope his character dies in some horrible way next episode.

There have been dozens of cameos before that including sigur ros singing rains of castermere, coldplay at the red wedding, and mastodon at hardhome

Only problem with that one is

A: hes not popular with the GOT crowd as much as say, a metal band 

B: he was given actual lines