Δ dildo

earl sweatshirt

Ammit    5159

<object width="512" height="328" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_ee0a63a6be"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=ee0a63a6be" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="512" height="328" flashvars="key=ee0a63a6be" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_ee0a63a6be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:512px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ee0a63a6be/odd-future-gets-signed" title="from Odd Future, Paul Scheer, Alex Fernie, KristenDeLuca, Antonio Scarlata, Justin Donaldson, BoTown Sound, and Kat Bardot">Odd Future Gets Signed</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/odd_future">Odd Future</a></div>

• Upvote 4

ggggg    3613

god im already sick of all the OF hate thats going to start happening lol.

ggggg    3613

lol @ rereleasing a mixtape

srsly dont got more shit in the bag?

damn man

niggaZ iZ rEtaRdEd

Hwan    357

When they performed sandwiches on jimmy fallon my god I had so much respect amazing group

»Ryu    2416

just got in a huge argument with a couple of friends over OF. they think they suck lol its really difficult explaining the appeal of OF to people who dont get it right off the bat. they said the delivery is too monotone (showed them "Earl" and "Kill") and that the beats suck/are too minimalistic. neither of them seemed to understand, much less appreciate, the complexity that underlies most of Earl's lyrics. I tried to explain that the minimalistic beats complement the intricate and complex imagey presented in the lyrics. Gah I hate having friends that aren't as... globally conscious as I am. I don't know how else to put it. It's like they just can't get certain things about art, and that they're going into it listening expecting to hear what they think hip hop is and hearing something that new they arent familiar with and thus labeling it "bad" hip hop. I dont know man. How would you guys deal with an OF hater, explain the appeal and such etc? I thought showing them a few Earl lines would do the trick but they didnt seem phased at all by the lyricism, just seemed to go on and on about how the beats didnt "do anything for them".

Oh yea and of course they implied that the shocking quality of some of the lyrics MUST be a compensation for something but it's like, what the hell would they be compensating for, all the talent is right there in front of you. Btw when I tried to point out how Earl's flow is extremely similar to old Eminem they said they didn't like old Eminem lol. Most of you will probably just tell me to say fuck them, or to just realize theyre ignorant and move on, but these are two of my buds ive known for a real long time and its not that easy. I feel like if it gets brought up again I need to be able to defend myself better, because their rallying cry was basically "all opinions are equal" thus validating their retarded taste.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ggggg    3613

implying you are globally conscious b/c you like of

»Ryu    2416

how did I do that in any way? these are two of my closer friends, people I've known for a long time. obviously that conclusion being drawn about them isn't at all solely based on them not liking OF. Besides, I was using the term "globally conscious" pretty loosely to mean general awareness of culture outside your immediate region. The use of the hesitant ellipsis before and the sentence "I don't know how else to put it" immediately following should've given you a heads up on that.

i don't think you are nearly as clever as you think you are giel. sorry brah. just answer the question next time instead of being a faggot

»Ryu    2416

and if you were trolling, congratulations u got me man!

»Ryu    2416

but cool, i guess. your e-rep remains intact and you've definitely proven intellectual superiority

edit: double bees

ggggg    3613

nah i actually lold cuz im rly high and skipped past ur karen post and saw the next one lol

»Ryu    2416

can you please answer my question i don't want to have to beg

edit: why is caring uncool, i don't get it

»Paxman    4776

Mos Def and Kanye think OF has swag, so what the fuck do your friends know lol

explain monotone delivery or whatever... if anything they're mostly the complete opposite.

Garland    505

Mos Def and Kanye think OF has swag, so what the fuck do your friends know lol

But thats what I hate, that if I was in the same situation and they were like "They suck", Id most likely have to say "(insert popular mainstream artist) thinks they're cool" just to get the person(s) to give them a shot, and it shouldnt have to be that way.

• Upvote 1

Wiggles    1370

I don't think you can force someone to like any kind of music. Everyone has a different taste of music and just because they don't like it, it doesn't mean its "bad".

»Paxman    4776

Yeah, but they're famous because they're good rappers...therefore it's hard to challenge their opinion on hip hop and rap.

»Ryu    2416

yeah its hard for me to put it i guess but your credibility/taste i think matters alot to the value of your opinion. ie kids whos favorite rapper is gucci, is their opinion really equal to someone who knows gucci sucks and likes biggie?

• Downvote 3

»Paxman    4776

Not when they can't appreciate the value of what's considered better rap. Some people just don't understand how verses are formed by rappers. I posted some lyrics on FB from Molliwopped and this cunt was like "Weak." I was like wtf dude Earl is one of the best up and coming rappers out if not THE best atm and he's like "He used ego twice in the same rhyme, he's weak lyrically."

Like... some people are retarded and don't know shit about rap, goddamn.

• Upvote 1

»Paxman    4776

And for the most part, I have to say that people who don't appreciate Tyler and Earl (most out of OF) probably because they completely miss the punchlines.

No one I know who i've shown Molliwopped understood "I'm the bestest, on a bad day I spit asbestos." Which when I actually sat there and thought about it is like... one of the best punchlines I have ever heard.

• Upvote 2