Sign in to follow this  
harig07

Mystical Refpanel

»ACP    33421

"Activate only when a Spell Card that targets 1 player is activated. The effect of that Spell Card is applied to the other player instead."

This card is going to have some of the weirdest rulings of all time. I thought players can't be targeted?

"Activate only when a Spell Card that targets 1 player is activated. The effect of that Spell Card is applied to the other player instead."

This card is going to have some of the weirdest rulings of all time. I thought players can't be targeted?

it's their way of saying cards that affect 1 player. anyways this card is fucking old and gave ruling problems in japan so I'm content with where it's at

S3xta_Espada    116
Does it work against Final Countdown... cuz im not sure, i guess it targets 1 player :O

You'd be pretty fucked if it did right XD

»slick    4668
This would've been a badass card back in the day of TeleDAD and LS. It would've been a +3 when chained to Destiny Draw or a Solar Recharge.

It was used a lot in the OCG side deck back then.

Also, back then, it was ruled that it worked vs recharge

It no longer does

I think that rulings on this card make it not very good. Like, clearly using it on draws is pretty awesome, but so many draw cards are played turn one if someone has them, so even opening up with this if you go second is not great. Since it only really can hit draw and burn cards, it has pretty limited usage. The fact that it can't hit Solar Recharge is the nail in the coffin, the only real use this card saw was when it worked against both the Destiny and Lightsworn engine, neither of which it applies to anymore (since both are crippled and one doesn't even work at all anymore).

»slick    4668
I think that rulings on this card make it not very good. Like, clearly using it on draws is pretty awesome, but so many draw cards are played turn one if someone has them, so even opening up with this if you go second is not great. Since it only really can hit draw and burn cards, it has pretty limited usage. The fact that it can't hit Solar Recharge is the nail in the coffin, the only real use this card saw was when it worked against both the Destiny and Lightsworn engine, neither of which it applies to anymore (since both are crippled and one doesn't even work at all anymore).

It was such an amazing side card for when you go first back then

You set refpanel

Their turn, they ddraw/recharge, which only happens 99% of the time, you refpanel, you win

It was the starlight road of draw cards

You set refpanel

Their turn, they ddraw/recharge, which only happens 99% of the time, you refpanel, you win

That is such an apt analogy it hurts. That's completely what it is. I believe this well worth while when it hit both engine of the top decks, it'd be sided in every time you went first because it really would win you the game probably.

You set refpanel

That is such an apt analogy it hurts. That's completely what it is. I believe this well worth while when it hit both engine of the top decks, it'd be sided in every time you went first because it really would win you the game probably.

what are the possibilities of ddraw and allure moving up from 1 because of this?

Slowpoke    1377

So competitively, this card works against:

Pot of Duality (Will see play in around 70% of decks imo)

Allure of Darkness (Sees play in about 30-40% of decks)

Destiny Draw (Sees play very little, but if goes up from 1, it will see a good amount of play)

Card of Black Feathers (Sees play in Blackwings which should be a good amount next format unless it dies by banlist cause of OCG)

I will def be trying this card out.

»slick    4668

You set refpanel

what are the possibilities of ddraw and allure moving up from 1 because of this?

This card will not change anything on the banlist

Japan has had it for a decade. The OCG makes the list. Nothing has changed from their perspective, with its release into TCG

Ddraw will likely move up, but not because of any influence from this card

harig07    2058

Moray of Greed/Respite. They put 2 cards to their deck you Refpanel and draw 3.

And if Final Countdown ever gets big you know we're gonna be siding this bitch.

Zet    385
Moray of Greed/Respite. They put 2 cards to their deck you Refpanel and draw 3.

And if Final Countdown ever gets big you know we're gonna be siding this bitch.

is the sending back cards a cost or a condition? if it's the latter, wouldn't it be like avarice?

and pretty sure countdown won't work

harig07    2058

What does Final Countdown affect if it isn't the player?

And yeah nvm about Moray and Respite. Back to Destiny Draw.

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

it affects the game

harig07    2058

Okay this card is almost as confusing as Necrovalley.