orangeeyes

Questions for cool college kids

»orangeeyes    11863

So, I just got my dorm assignments finally, and I'm leaving in about a week and a half.

1. How much does missing a class every few weeks in terms of my grade? I know people miss class every now and again, but I don't want to make a habit out of it and I want to get the best grades possible. Unfortunately, I have a history of waking up with bad migraine headaches and nausea every once in awhile, and when I'm sick school feels like an endurance test where I can barely stay awake or function.

2. How much clothing do you recommend bringing?

3. I plan on bringing a small TV for playing XBox, do most dorms have cable? Also, how will I be able to watch Packer games? Do residence halls have places for people to get together and watch football? As for Bucks games, should I just get NBA season ticket for the internet?

Now for the social interaction part:

4. I've never actually gone to a college party. Where do they actually take place on campus? How easily do they get busted? How easy are they to find? I go to a Big Ten school, supposedly at my school they're extremely easy to find but I can't visualize it. And how do I keep from being one of those faggots that parties their way out of school?

5. Smoking weed/drinking every once in awhile in the dorm room: unnecessary risk?

6. How is socializing with girls different in college?

7. When will I get the chance to duel people?

ggggg    3610

bring ur yugioh cards but dont spill bud light on them. u will own all the college bros.

• Upvote 3

»Rimmer    2210

Copy this and you're good.

»...Arson    7758

In: Questions for cool college kids

by: The Abstract

In: Questions for cool college kid...

By: giel

IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

• Upvote 1

Matt.    341
So, I just got my dorm assignments finally, and I'm leaving in about a week and a half.

1. How much does missing a class every few weeks in terms of my grade? I know people miss class every now and again, but I don't want to make a habit out of it and I want to get the best grades possible. Unfortunately, I have a history of waking up with bad migraine headaches and nausea every once in awhile, and when I'm sick school feels like an endurance test where I can barely stay awake or function.

Each teacher will give you a syllabus with their personal attendance policy. Some you can miss every class except exams and it wont effect your grade (at least on paper), others you usually get 3-4 absences a semester. Also if you have a problem explain it to your professors and they'll understand. Most of them are very understanding.

Alot. You will not want to do laundry until it is 100% necessary. But also try to find out how much storage space you will have and plan accordingly.

3. I plan on bringing a small TV for playing XBox, do most dorms have cable? Also, how will I be able to watch Packer games? Do residence halls have places for people to get together and watch football? As for Bucks games, should I just get NBA season ticket for the internet?

Yes to cable, Most have common rooms with TVs a common spot for football gatherings. Idk about NBA

4. I've never actually gone to a college party. Where do they actually take place on campus? How easily do they get busted? How easy are they to find? I go to a Big Ten school, supposedly at my school they're extremely easy to find but I can't visualize it. And how do I keep from being one of those faggots that parties their way out of school?

Usually in dorms, frat houses, and sport team houses. They can get busted quite easily, but usually there are little consequences. They are very easy to find once you know a few people.

Try to avoid drinking during the week for your first semester. It will let you get into the swing of school.

5. Smoking weed/drinking every once in awhile in the dorm room: unnecessary risk?

Drinking not really a risk until your 1st violation since that is a slap on the wrist, Weed just find secluded places on campus since smoke detectors are a bitch

You have to work a little harder, there are a lot more people to compete with. At the same time there are a lot more girls, I find it very easy to hook up but not too many girls look for serious relationships

When you have the balls to tell your roomates you play. I didnt tell people til after my freshman year was basically over, nobody cared. Also if you can travel to tournaments, just keep your cards locked in a drawer and just say your going out.

Answers in quotes, hope it helped

• Upvote 3

»...Arson    7758

dan it sounds like you're worrying way too much.

»orangeeyes    11863
dan it sounds like you're worrying way too much.

Nah, it's just that I've been completely unprepared. I'd rather hear what you wise people have to say now, can't hurt. I do realize that after a month all of these questions will be answered.

»orangeeyes    11863
What school are you going to?

U of Iowa

»Paxman    4776

Protip for university:

Do all your major assignments or at least a large amount of them before you decide to party (in a week in which you receive an assignment or every week thereafter while you still have the assignment due).

Go to the doctor if you miss class in which you must show up. Doctor's notes usually clean your slate for missing class (at least in AUS).

Some classes have recorded lectures or official note takers. borrow notes from friends if u miss class. the real danger is missing a few classes and doing fine, then u think u can miss more and more. before you know it you barely know what's going on in the class. best advice is to not sign up for early classes

Go Wide in function (outdoors trips, beach), narrow in form. You'll likely be getting more while you're there.

Ask your housing dept. Most dorms have a lounge with TV in it. Internet connection should be good too

Depends on the local police and local stance on partying. I went to UC Berkeley so they were pretty chill. The main exception is during the beginning of the term. All the frats and sororities are doing their rush week and throwing parties all the time for new students, ofc older students are there. But a bunch of randoms like to crash these parties too and things get wild. As this is a regular pattern the police are out in force during the first week. Parties shouldn't be hard to find, just hit up a frat. If u want more party connections, get to know the frat guys and they'll keep you hooked up.

as for the other thing, simple. just don't be a faggot, faggot.

Again, depends. You could be a dumbass like tsugaru, or u can do it properly. again, depends on the locals. in Berkeley they were chill about it. Hell, we even smoked and drank with the RA downstairs occasionally. The main concern is stupid friends who flap their mouth.

It's better.

Just find a local card store.

• Upvote 3

Mr. 'Carnage    275

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So wait, rumbling random shit and finering myself with can goods=college success

Hm.

Guest Sykotic   
Guest Sykotic

excellent

ggggg    3610

purely dependent on teacher. classes are a joke. my friends and i skipped a lot of class where it wasn't mandatory. we were lazy as fuck though.

as much as possible.

depends on the dorm. my school has cable for all dorms. urs does too probably. watch ur packer games online and get an hdmi cable to connect to the tv. this is clutch when you want to watch movies and shit too. hbo for entourage as well. just watch games with ur friends.. don't get nba season ticket just use sites that stream that shit for free, unless you are a moralfag.

totally dependent on ur school. most likely you'll pregame in dorms then head out to parties. a big10 school prob throws a lot of rippers. as a freshman you're gonna hit up random parties, frat parties, sports parties, birthday parties etc etc just go. if you're not retarded you should be able to find them. just be a non-social retard and outgoing and make some friends who are girls. lol if you party urself out of a shitty state school then you should probably just end your life to be honest.

i didn't really smoke in the dorms freshman year because we were near a spot outside we could go to. depends on your dorm setup to be honest. sophomore year we had 2 vaporizers so all we did was smoke weed in our rooms lol. and drinking we did every time in our dorm to pregame then head out.

try not to be a pussy ass bitch. friend zone a bunch of decent girls who you don't want to hook up with but are chill enough to hang out with. they'll be your wingmen and get you into freshman parties.. at parties girls are always just giant sluts.. so treat them like that.

troll question but EVERY DAY!!

Mavrik    31

if you wanna totally burn it down in ur dorm with no risk buy a vaporizer

Guest Sykotic   
Guest Sykotic

or smoke in the bathroom (if you have your own) with the shower steaming

»orangeeyes    11863

how much do vaporizers usually cost? I've never actually seen one or know exactly what they do. sounds like they solve a shitload of problems when smoking where you're not supposed to lol

1. I wouldn't worry about missing a class "every few weeks". If you miss, say, several per week... Well, then it just depends on what classes you're taking and what college you go to.

2. tbh this is hard to balance. On the one hand, you don't want to bring too much because you have limited space. On the other hand, you don't want to bring too little because washing clothes costs money. I'm about to start my senior year and I'm still trying to figure this shit out.

3. Not sure how to deal with this. Also school-dependent, but most schools should have some sort of decent cable setup.

4. They take place at all kinds of places. Learn to look farther than just the frat houses. Those parties can be fun, but they can get old quickly if they're all that you do for a few weekends in a row. Definitely consider branching out from the bubble of your campus. As for "overpartying"... Just don't go out when you don't feel like going out. Simple as that.

5. Again, depends on the school. Some schools have strict rules about these things. Mine does not. Might not want to do it too much your freshman year, though. RAs on freshman floors tend to take these things seriously.

6. Um... the girls aren't in high school anymore? And neither are you? Honestly, I never noticed much of a difference other than maybe a little less mutual awkwardness. I know I'm definitely not as uptight as I was in high school.

7. Just go up to a group of people and say "Get your game on!" Also buy a duel disk.

-L2theZ-    1611

Your success in any class is almost 100% dependent on what professor you have. 2 semesters ago I'd say I went to about half of the meetings for one class and slept during the ones I showed up to and still got a high B just because the only grades were tests that were take home. Gauge the class on the first day and go from there, and use ratemyprofessor.com to schedule your shit.

Really depends on how often you want to be doing laundry.

You can probably find all of that shit streaming online at various sites when the games are on, or there's bound to be a sports bar/Hooters somewhere nearby.

If you focus on expanding your social circle it shouldn't be that hard to find parties. How easily their busted really depends on the school, where the party is, and how much of a disturbance it is to the surrounding area. It's easy to not party your way out of school, just plan your shit out and don't party when you have an upcoming test or assigment to do.

Very unnecessary risk, especially if you're in a situation where being caught could fuck up a scholarship you have.

It's not really, except that some girls become massive sluts.

When you go to a local, regional, or SJC. I've seen people dueling in the commons before, but I wouldn't recommend it.

»orangeeyes    11863

dammit you guys all that's really important here is playing my ygos but iowa is in the middle of nowhere so i guess I'm just a duelist without an opponent :(

»Paxman    4776

Think of it this way, if you tell people on campus "IT'S TIME TO DUEL" and they have no deck they forfiet. Let the winning streak begin.

• Upvote 13

Mavrik    31
how much do vaporizers usually cost? I've never actually seen one or know exactly what they do. sounds like they solve a shitload of problems when smoking where you're not supposed to lol

they range from like 50 bucks upwards to $600 (volcano) id recomend getting the magic flight launch box,costs ~$100,portable, efficient etc but what they do is just basically turn the thc into an (almost) odor-less vapor and it conserves/gets the most out of ur bud

shits pretty cash yo