orangeeyes

Questions for cool college kids

»orangeeyes    11863

I'll have all 6 locator cards before anyone. who needs parties?

ggggg    3613

get a volcano or extreme.

those are the 2 vapes my roommates and i got high on all year nigga.

volcano can smell a lil bit but who cares ur smoking a 600$ device who gonna bust u?

if thats too expensive sell some yugioh cards on campus and buy one imo.

it's the best investment

any more questions?

»orangeeyes    11863

i was kinda wondering what a ripper was, urban dictionary failed me.

also, just in your experience did you ever get bored or feel like you were in a funk at college where nothing was new anymore and you kinda just wanted the year to be over?

Thanatos    516
Think of it this way, if you tell people on campus "IT'S TIME TO DUEL" and they have no deck they forfiet. Let the winning streak begin.

success

-L2theZ-    1611

also, just in your experience did you ever get bored or feel like you were in a funk at college where nothing was new anymore and you kinda just wanted the year to be over?

Yes, it's called the weeks leading up to finals/end of semester projects.

Yes, it's called the weeks leading up to finals/end of semester projects.

+1

some days you'll wish u could be bored

Tacooo    1683
So, I just got my dorm assignments finally, and I'm leaving in about a week and a half.

1. How much does missing a class every few weeks in terms of my grade? I know people miss class every now and again, but I don't want to make a habit out of it and I want to get the best grades possible. Unfortunately, I have a history of waking up with bad migraine headaches and nausea every once in awhile, and when I'm sick school feels like an endurance test where I can barely stay awake or function.

doesn;t affect you at all. you are going to a state uni right...then you will be fine, i bet most of your classes will be giant lectures

2. How much clothing do you recommend bringing? \

a good amount, plenty of layers, shoes, coats, sweatshirts, etc....i brought 2/3 of my clothes, you never know what you'll need. bring a pair of dress clothes too.

3. I plan on bringing a small TV for playing XBox, do most dorms have cable? Also, how will I be able to watch Packer games? Do residence halls have places for people to get together and watch football? As for Bucks games, should I just get NBA season ticket for the internet?

should get internet, cable, etc. for places to watch games...freind's house, or common room on your floor if you have one?

Now for the social interaction part:

4. I've never actually gone to a college party. Where do they actually take place on campus? How easily do they get busted? How easy are they to find? I go to a Big Ten school, supposedly at my school they're extremely easy to find but I can't visualize it. And how do I keep from being one of those faggots that parties their way out of school?

Big ten school...just go to the frats/meet people who know people. parties are everywhere. most college parties dont get busted lol

5. Smoking weed/drinking every once in awhile in the dorm room: unnecessary risk?

smoke outside, drink in your room tho

6. How is socializing with girls different in college?

they are drunk sluts, fill their desires and go talk to them, they are as horny as you. grind them bitches at the frats

7. When will I get the chance to duel people?

quit yugioh before college.

»orangeeyes    11863

guys i was joking about the ygo sheesh

that starts 2 weeks after every semester begins. i am legit not even kidding if it weren't for liquor and all the girls in one place here i would've dropped out ages ago.

»Starwind    1777

From the perspective of a presitigous engineering school:

So, I just got my dorm assignments finally, and I'm leaving in about a week and a half.

1. How much does missing a class every few weeks in terms of my grade? I know people miss class every now and again, but I don't want to make a habit out of it and I want to get the best grades possible. Unfortunately, I have a history of waking up with bad migraine headaches and nausea every once in awhile, and when I'm sick school feels like an endurance test where I can barely stay awake or function.

Depends what you miss. If you are learning the material purely from lectures, it will set you back. If lectures are useless, skipping them is actually the recommended use of your time. Some classes I've had I didn't dare miss a class while others I only went half the time and would get an A in both.

2. How much clothing do you recommend bringing?

You could get by on a week's worth of Fall/Spring weather clothing and a week's worth of Winter weather clothing if you aren't too lazy and do laundry once a week. You are going to want at least one formal outfit (including shirt, tie, pants, shoes, dress socks, sports coat and/or business-style suit) for your career fairs/formal dinners/etc. Basically the amount of clothes you bring should correspond to how often you plan on doing laundry.

3. I plan on bringing a small TV for playing XBox, do most dorms have cable? Also, how will I be able to watch Packer games? Do residence halls have places for people to get together and watch football? As for Bucks games, should I just get NBA season ticket for the internet?

From what I've seen, most college dorms will have cable. Some common areas (in borth dorm halls and dining halls) should also have tv's with cable where a lot of people like to gather and watch sports. I wouldn't be worried about this at all.

4. I've never actually gone to a college party. Where do they actually take place on campus? How easily do they get busted? How easy are they to find? I go to a Big Ten school, supposedly at my school they're extremely easy to find but I can't visualize it. And how do I keep from being one of those faggots that parties their way out of school?

At my school, no parties actually occur on campus. They all occur in (frat) houses near campus. They are easy to find in the sense that word of mouth spreads quickly and widely.

5. Smoking weed/drinking every once in awhile in the dorm room: unnecessary risk?

Very unecessary risk. I would never do it.

At my school, being an engineering school, almost all of the females got in on affirmative action meaning the collective female population is significantly dumber than the collective male population. Take advantage of that.

All the time. I've played YVD in class a few times out of boredom.

fake    4788

. . . and from a lackluster community college:

Play around the syllabus. If it says you can't miss more than three classes, don't. Also, don't skip too much you skip the test dates. . . FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2. How much clothing do you recommend bringing?

I just brought what I wore that day.

There is a common center where people all take breaks and never come back to class if the game is on during class.

They take place off campus.

You need to get activated carbon, and blow into a bottle of that. You can obtain it at fish stores. Google for more information and set up. It's how the pros roll. Also, no blunts. Light an incense during the session or any aroma thats not weak.

Some have goals and will spend all their time doing so + working. Some are great people who will talk to you. Some have asian fetishes. They likely post on the internet and keep up with fads and think they know about my culture more than I do even if I tell them I'm not japanese!

When heartgold/soulsilver came out, I just played in the lobby and asked everyone who looked at me if they played pokemon. Some said yes and I proceeded to own them. Just ask!

-L2theZ-    1611

A few more general tips

I make it my rule to show up to class, read the book, and take notes of recockulous detail until we've had the first test, as there's no telling where they will be pulling questions from unless they tell you.

If your professor is doing their lecture entirely off of PowerPoint (and they make the slides available online) then you're probably wasting your time if you're taking notes.

If your professor is doing their lecture with no PowerPoint you need to show up every day and take notes of incredible detail or record the session.

If you know if you're taking a really hard class don't be afraid to buy some notes from someone in advance. Class I'm taking in the fall has nothing but shitty teachers with the average grade being a C. I located a student that got an A and paid $5 for his notes & test "cheat sheets" (it's not actual cheating, the professor apparently lets your have 1 page of notes, and his have an extraordinary amount of detail I would never have on mine).

• Upvote 1

»orangeeyes    11863

Sounds good. I'll just see how the classes are I guess, hopefully I'll get the feel for them.

my roommate's last name is Edward Kirby III (lol name) and he's from Chicago, not a suburb. confirmed for black?

I wish I joined my class' facebook page a lot earlier, fuck

Tacooo    1683
does taping a cup over a smoke detector work

nope it doesn't

and tate your roomie is probably as white as you are lol

»orangeeyes    11863
does taping a cup over a smoke detector work

nope it doesn't

and tate your roomie is probably as white as you are lol

that'll be hilarious

`Colton    40

Okay Dan, Iowa City is very easy to find parties in. Dont do stupid shit in the dorms. Yes you do have cable aswell. also yah your kind of shit out of luck on the yugiohs, unless you brought a car, there are 2 locals 21 miles north in Cedar Rapids but then Regionals are usually in Des Moines which is 2 hours away. Iowa City is a nice town, plenty of people and parties.

»orangeeyes    11863

my roommate is from a residential home for kids with traumatic backgrounds

what is this i dont even

»Pharaoh Atem    15769

You'll live, Dan. If I can make it through, any waste of space from this site can.

-L2theZ-    1611
my roommate is from a residential home for kids with traumatic backgrounds

what is this i dont even

you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

• Upvote 1