orangeeyes

Questions for cool college kids

»orangeeyes    11863

blacklight parties are the greatest

<!--quoteo(post=2621894:date=Aug 30 2010, 06:40 PM:name=Gary Oak)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gary Oak @ Aug 30 2010, 06:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2621894"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Try and find / be friends with those girls that you absolutaly hate, you know the really hot shallow retards. <b>Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

whoever came up with that saying must be pissed since girls destroyed that with frenemies

lol giel you know i'm just jabbing nigga

you can still do the first part

1. Don't miss class.

2. Everything that you normally wear.

3. Solely depends on where you're staying.

4. You don't find the college parties. They find you.

5. Don't do it.

6. It's easier. People are a lot more outgoing.

7. Never.

ggggg    3610

i am addicted to drugs but studying in australia next semester what am i gonna do all u ausie bros help me out

Endless    333

lol giel ur such a frat boy

Jesus the Jew    986

So, I just got my dorm assignments finally, and I'm leaving in about a week and a half.

1. How much does missing a class every few weeks in terms of my grade? I know people miss class every now and again, but I don't want to make a habit out of it and I want to get the best grades possible. Unfortunately, I have a history of waking up with bad migraine headaches and nausea every once in awhile, and when I'm sick school feels like an endurance test where I can barely stay awake or function.

2. How much clothing do you recommend bringing?

3. I plan on bringing a small TV for playing XBox, do most dorms have cable? Also, how will I be able to watch Packer games? Do residence halls have places for people to get together and watch football? As for Bucks games, should I just get NBA season ticket for the internet?

Now for the social interaction part:

4. I've never actually gone to a college party. Where do they actually take place on campus? How easily do they get busted? How easy are they to find? I go to a Big Ten school, supposedly at my school they're extremely easy to find but I can't visualize it. And how do I keep from being one of those faggots that parties their way out of school?

5. Smoking weed/drinking every once in awhile in the dorm room: unnecessary risk?

6. How is socializing with girls different in college?

7. When will I get the chance to duel people?

1. Missing classes is really depends on your classes. Some prof's take attendance. Most usually don't, especially in science/math/engineering classes. If the class is hard go. If the class is a joke and/or the professor is completely worthless, do whatever you feel really. A few missed classes shouldn't hurt you, especially if you get a friend to tell you what they went over.

2. Bring as much as you think you need. Don't go overboard. It also depends on how big your dorm rooms are. Mine is pretty small and I'm near enough to home to go there whenever I need more.

3. XBox is nice and all but remember not to let that get in the way of your social life. I don't mean being alone. Even if you play with close friends, you are still not meeting new people. Try to meet more people, cause you never know the cool people you'll meet.

4. College parties are usually in frat houses. If you are into that stuff go ahead. They rarely if ever get caught. Just don't do stupid shit obviously. Make sure you have friends to walk back to the dorms with, or you'll get roofied and taken to a back alley and get butt raped. :D

5. Depends on your dorms. Our dorms only care if they see it/smell it. But check your dorm's policy on that one. I wouldn't take the risk when you can just hop on over to the off campus apartments/frats to do that shit.

6. It's not that different. It's much more free that high school, since you are all treated as adults.

7. I got lucky and found a friend who does. You may not get that lucky. There may be a Magic club on campus often. Yu-Gi-Oh! is harder to find.

Overall, biggest single thing that you need to learn in time management and prioritizing. You are free to do whatever you want, but always remember why you are there. It's a terrible waste to drain money into college and not have anything to show for it. It's super easy to lose track of your priorities between all the fun and games of college life. But make sure you have fun to. Just get your studying done as early as possible.

High school is a joke compared to college in terms of class difficulty. You really have to understand and digest the material. So, make sure you study everything that you don't get and do practice problems until you are completely solid. If you get your shit done early, you have a lot more time later on down the line to party and enjoy.

Good luck, bro. College is definitely the best years of your life. Far better than any time before or after.

ggggg    3610

u rly have a vanilla sky poster

yeah i have a vanilla sky poster i love waking up to tom cruises beautiful face. :3
  • Upvote 1

Tacooo    1683

73705_1602215848052_1015748238_31702702_6200653_n.jpg

my faggot bro friend getting iced yeaaaaaaa

lol that's wetherbee and he's a fucking nerd, guys disregard giel's post, that kid is their bitch

So, I just got my dorm assignments finally, and I'm leaving in about a week and a half.

1. How much does missing a class every few weeks in terms of my grade? I know people miss class every now and again, but I don't want to make a habit out of it and I want to get the best grades possible. Unfortunately, I have a history of waking up with bad migraine headaches and nausea every once in awhile, and when I'm sick school feels like an endurance test where I can barely stay awake or function.

You'll be fine. I've skipped / slept through classes so many times, and still make my grades. Always take tough classes in the afternoon to avoid this problem. Take your English Comp and your Art Appreciations and whatnot early, if you have to have early classes.

2. How much clothing do you recommend bringing?

1.5 weeks-worth or 2 weeks worth, and just wash it when you need to.

3. I plan on bringing a small TV for playing XBox, do most dorms have cable? Also, how will I be able to watch Packer games? Do residence halls have places for people to get together and watch football? As for Bucks games, should I just get NBA season ticket for the internet?

Yeah, almost all do. I've never heard of a college dorm not having cable tv. Most halls have a lounge in the lobby or a lobby on each floor.

4. I've never actually gone to a college party. Where do they actually take place on campus? How easily do they get busted? How easy are they to find? I go to a Big Ten school, supposedly at my school they're extremely easy to find but I can't visualize it. And how do I keep from being one of those faggots that parties their way out of school?

A - Anywhere, usually frat houses.

B - Only when they're epic. Not that often, though, for real.

C - Very, if you know the right people. Impossibly hard, if you're socially awkward / ugly / uncool and have no connections.

D - Just know your limits.

5. Smoking weed/drinking every once in awhile in the dorm room: unnecessary risk?

Yeah, there's plenty of places to go and plenty of places to get it. Make a friend out of someone with an apartment and just don't gamble, it would suck to get kicked out of your Dorm room. Although a friend of mine made an Epic smoking shield to filter all the weed smoke out of his window.

6. How is socializing with girls different in college?

They mostly quit trying not to look like whores and drink more. These combine to make scoring easier, if that's your goal. If you want a girlfriend, don't meet her at a party. If you wanna get laid, that's where you look.

7. When will I get the chance to duel people?

At your locals.

+mmf    23482

Can this thread be renamed "cool college questions for cool college kids".

»orangeeyes    11863

hes been in college for 2 months now. he knows where to find people to duel

yeah guys seriously I'm the talk of the campus with my deck

»Nut    671

I know I'm late for the party but this is a good topic and I want to participate.

1.) You'll find out on Day 1. Most include this information in the syllabus ("five exscused absences allowed..") or you can just ask. If you want to do well though -- obviously -- you'll show up for the classes.

2.) I don't live on campus, but I could definitely recommend the essentials like a great pair of jeans and some versatile shirts. I wouldn't have to bring much.

3.) That information is all available on your school's housing website.

4.) No idea on this one. I live in New Orleans -- pretty much everywhere is a party, especially when you go down to Tulane or Loyola.

5.) I wouldn't do that silly shit. Smoke weed in a safer place, you don't want to risk anything and it's way more fun to just go get high at a park or something. That's what we do.

6.) It's incredibly easy to socialize with girls in college. Socialize with everyone, even girls you aren't interested in. Be yourself and tlak to people, you're going to make most of your friends through other friends in my experience. Just make yourself available as a friendly, helpful, confident person and good things are going to happen to you. I pick out the cute girls in all of my classes on day 1 and over the next couple periods I sit by them and exchange email address + numbers. It's really easy. You're both in the same class, so it's really an ambiguous gesture to say "we should swap numbers".

»lo fi    2611

Start my second semester next week at uni. So pumped.

Your going to fucking hate it.

Yeah it'l be a good day..

• Upvote 2

Col. Star    36

Question: What majors are possibly worth pursuing? I like English a lot, for example, but the only job you can get with a degree in English is an English teacher. What majors are you guys taking and how is it going? Would you recommend it? I'm guessing that Arts and English are sort of the running jokes that won't help you much in the big, scary, real world.

-L2theZ-    1611

Question: What majors are possibly worth pursuing? I like English a lot, for example, but the only job you can get with a degree in English is an English teacher. What majors are you guys taking and how is it going? Would you recommend it? I'm guessing that Arts and English are sort of the running jokes that won't help you much in the big, scary, real world.

Physics, Engineering, Business, anything you can practically apply really.

If you want to be sure to have a job once you graduate go the Accounting route there's no shortage of need for them. I say this as a business major though and it's just as likely there are similar situations with engineering and shit as well.

Col. Star    36

I like the idea of business but I'm really nice and shit so I always lose out on business deals I usually make. How's Journalism viewed?

ggggg    3610

awful journalism is a joke and everyone i meet whos a communications major i laugh at and so does everyone else

Col. Star    36

awful journalism is a joke and everyone i meet whos a communications major i laugh at and so does everyone else

That was my other pick. I'm bad at this. I really like Physics but I don't think I'm devoted enough to practice it all my life. Liking space shows does not make me a physicist. Business is probably my best bet, then.