Sign in to follow this  
Starwind

Recent Purchases Thread

Elements    587

I dont know much about pcs but from what i have read etc i decided to pick the below up after selling up my yugiohs:

1 x ASUS GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card - £260.40

1 x Corsair 750W TX PSU - 120mm Fan +12V Rail - £76.58

1 x Corsair CWCH50-1 Cooling Hydro Series H50 High-performance CPU Cooler supports LGA1156 LGA775 LGA1366 AM2 and AM3 processors - £48.52

1 x BitFenix Survivor Case - £74.41 (gonna stick a rear fan in as it should have one but doesnt come as standard where im buying from and case apparently has cooling issues from what ive read but i really <3 it)

1 x G Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz Cas9 Dual Channel Memory - £39.99 (will prob pick up a better set of 8 gig ram later on in the new year)

1 x Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 P67 Socket 1155 GB LAN 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard - £128.04 (probably needed a better one of these tbh)

1 x Western Digital 1TB Hard Drive SATAIII 7200rpm 64MB Cache - OEM Caviar Black - £56.32 (dont know enough about ssds to fuck with one atm :( )

1 x Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz Socket 1155 L3 8MB Cache - £195.82

Total with VAT - £1071.95

+rei+    35385

Go big or go home. I wrote a review of the Das Keyboard a while back for rreload and it'll sum up exactly what TO look for, I'll reccomend more based on your budget but mech keyboards aren't cheap

http://rreload.com/showing-off-the-das-keyboard-ultimate

+rei+    35385

Cheap will never equal reliable or easy on the fingers. Just tyr out shit thats good for your wrists

+rei+    35385

we actually have a nicer tv but my dads like RAWR NO VIDEO GAMES so this goes towards the plot of me having every piece of furnature and toy i need for when i move out before i move out

»PJ    4176

iPhone 4 (Vodafone - Billpay)

€270 for the phone

€35 a month (for 18 months) in bills.

1GB of data a month + free Vodafone to Vodafone calls/texts.

• Upvote 1

icy4dueler    2

iPhone 4 (Vodafone - Billpay)

€270 for the phone

€35 a month (for 18 months) in bills.

1GB of data a month + free Vodafone to Vodafone calls/texts.

Is it the design with 1 rift on top or 2 on the sides w/ volume buttons moved down from original?

By that does it have the death grip problem or no?

»PJ    4176

If by rift you mean where the silver border breaks there's 1 on top and 1 on either side near the bottom.

As for the grip thing, I haven't noticed it yet, but it does play on my mind whenever I have low coverage.

icy4dueler    2

Ah.. Well that's jerkish of Apple. They fixed it on the white one and the verizon one but still ship the bad version? Hard plastic cases that are at least as thick as the rubber bumper greatly reduce the death grip.. Unless you're like a body builder that has a gentle grip equivalent to that of a man strangling someone.... Sigh I know too much of the iphone, lol.

+rei+    35385

Ah.. Well that's jerkish of Apple. They fixed it on the white one and the verizon one but still ship the bad version? Hard plastic cases that are at least as thick as the rubber bumper greatly reduce the death grip.. Unless you're like a body builder that has a gentle grip equivalent to that of a man strangling someone.... Sigh I know too much of the iphone, lol.

they never "fixed" it on the verizon one, they use an entirely different kind of antenna, it uses a different standard/protocol. Same reason you cant surf the net while on speakerphone on the verizon one.

on the plus side CDMA has faster internets than GSM/3g

juanithan    84

Charger for my Acer Laptop

!B8UN9Iw!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKiwEzSKiJTJ+BM2tT4V8ew~~0_12.JPG

Mama got a 32" vizio, something like this

0084522600368_500X500.jpg

Gonna try and convince her to keep in in the living room instead of in her bedroom so I can watch it too =o

+rei+    35385

how bad is your current tv to be looking for excuses to watch a 32" vizio?

• Upvote 1

juanithan    84

I have a 19" Sanyu in my room, it's not bad at all for a smaller TV. I just think it would be better if she put the flat screen TV in the living room instead of hogging it for herself in her room, lol...

icy4dueler    2

they never "fixed" it on the verizon one, they use an entirely different kind of antenna, it uses a different standard/protocol. Same reason you cant surf the net while on speakerphone on the verizon one.

on the plus side CDMA has faster internets than GSM/3g

Ah, yeah you're right (mostly). It's not only speakerphone, its on a call at all. And also, I should've wrote "on the white one" only because they did actually fix the antenna on the white one, consistent videos of the white one show it doesn't experience death grip at all.

+rei+    35385

which is weird considering the white and black one launched at almost the same time and the white was discontinued soon after

0120111330-00.jpg

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965

Memory: 2x2GB DDR3/670MHz RAM 9-9-9-24

GPU: AMD Radeon HD6850 1GB DDR5

Storage: 1TB SATA III

Motherboard: GA-770T-USB3

Screen: PHD5039NUS (1366x768@62Hz)

Casing: NZXT Apollo

Power Supply: 700W

899 + shipping and tax, everything is at stock clock, and stock coolers, 4 gaming obv. I know it can be cheaper if you build it yourself, but I did not like the idea of buying all the parts and having the chance it not work and getting bitched at. All I did was open the box and plug and play. I got this a month or two ago, and I am happy with it.

+rei+    35385
Turning my PC into a media centre / co op gaming / mostly stepmania machine

WHICH MEANS ITS TIME FOR A NEW BUILD

Case:
Corsair Graphite Series 600T Special Edition White Mid-Tower Case - bitch be a stormtrooper

8 GB of muschkin DDR 3

3.3 ghz six core BULLDOZAR

Sticking with my 4890 GPU for now, and my 650 watt corsair PSU. I'll shove a 3850 in my old PC, and eventually replace it's PSU and optical drive. (I have a ton of 250 gb hard drives lying around too. I'm sure I'll find a use for them.)