Sign in to follow this  
ggggg

Kanye West

Apathy    188

I think the album is pretty good. It would have been an excellent album if he didn't collab with Nicki and Ross.

dude shut up. nicki & ross killed it.

new kanye > old kanye

Depends what context you mean it in. What I was saying is that lyrically this album is sub par to the lyrical content of college drop out and late registration, he could have collabed with much better artists. I mean, seriously, he collabed with the best lyracists in the game, Jay Z/Kweli/Nas/Lupe/Mos Def/Common. Who the fuck are Nicki and Ross in comparison? This album can boast only Kanye himself, Jay Z (who honestly, has been lacking recently) and Raekwon & RZA who are pretty dope. IMO I think Kanye is bringing a whole new array to the meaning of hip hop, he pairs up with folk singers/choirs/gospel composers etc and I think this versatility is what hip hop needs now, there's a massive spectrum which can captivate audiences of different desires. Kanye has literally altered the etymological definition of hip hop and what criteria it pertains. This is definitely a very good album but would have been an excellent album had not he collabed with Ross/Nicki. The beats on this album are fucking ill, he rips it apart and expresses himself like no other artist has. Kanye is the concrete foundations for this new generation of hip hop.

Apathy    188

but I prefer the old generation, not to say I hate the new one. In this era, what exactly does Kanye have to compete against?

IMO I consider the old generation and new generation of Kanye to not have changed, college drop out was the first in sequence to signify his presence and style, from there on out he continued to produce stuff that emphasised his personal etiquette towards hip hop. Of course one can say that he's become more orientated to associate moreso with the casual listeners of hip hop but in general he has not changed from when he dropped his first album- which is a good thing considering other artists tend to fuck up down the line and become blatant sell outs like Eminem.

»Δ dildo    545

nicki & ross r great vocalists. rza's verse isn't that good & u didn't even mention pusha. u say this album is very good, not excellent, but u also say it's a landmark. and u used a lot of simple words incorrectly.

he's reaching farther and his grasp is greater. maybe his rapping isn't as winsome but his songwriting is richer. don't act like a coach and talk about what u would drop from this album. u would never make this album.

Apathy    188

nicki & ross r great vocalists. rza's verse isn't that good & u didn't even mention pusha. u say this album is very good, not excellent, but u also say it's a landmark. and u used a lot of simple words incorrectly.

he's reaching farther and his grasp is greater. maybe his rapping isn't as winsome but his songwriting is richer. don't act like a coach and talk about what u would drop from this album. u would never make this album.

My bad, was in college so forgot the tracklist. Yeh, Pusha T are dope too. I never said it's a landmark, I'm saying his style as a whole added a new perspective to hip hop and his latest album just reinforces his style. And what the hell? Of course I won't make this album, what kind of retarded point is that to hit on. And Ross is not a great vocalist lol, that's like saying Lil Jon doesn't shout on his music.

»Δ dildo    545

saying rick ross is a great vocalist is nothing like saying lil jon doesn't shout in his music. ross' voice is deep his flow is measured and he sounds authoratative. nick & ross represent the character at the heart of this album better than most of the other people on it.

if kanye is the foundation of a new generation of hip hop and this album reinvents or reinforces his style, then it is a landmark.

Apathy    188

saying rick ross is a great vocalist is nothing like saying lil jon doesn't shout in his music. ross' voice is deep his flow is measured and he sounds authoratative. nick & ross represent the character at the heart of this album better than most of the other people on it.

if kanye is the foundation of a new generation of hip hop and this album reinvents or reinforces his style, then it is a landmark.

Aite, I'll give you that he does have a deep authority-like voice but he has nothing else going for him. And you ain't getting what I'm trying to say. The only landmark album is College Dropout the rest are like new layers of paint that represent and renew the style.

Soul    7945

ive never seen "best song" thrown around as much as itt.

Soul    7945

also "all of the lights" is a fucking banger, so is "see me now"

»infinite    2317

I’m Socrates, but my skin more chocolately

»Farley    1035

Listening to it now. Not a big rap fan and haven't listened to much Kanye before but so far I think its pretty good.

»Sky    978

Seriously Ross and Nicki are for the public appeal. I enjoyed the album, and Kanye never ceases to amaze me. Ross is decent and so is Nicki but I can't sit around and listen to there music for to long or I'll start to get a headache. But for a marketing ploy it's genius. They're 2 of the biggest stars in the "mainstream" at this point, and when you add Jay-Z to the mix you got your self a certified platinum album.

Great job Kanye.

Ordyh    332

Yes! Dark Fantasy was fucking crazy too!

"Too many Urkels on yo team, that's why yo Winslow." I was like WTF KANYE!

broken    334

Big sean said that first in a song a while back. Then Kanye said it in G.o.o.D Music Cypher.

»Farley    1035

My download was missing a couple of tracks. So went out and bought it. I'm really liking it. So many awesome tracks.

Ordyh    332

Big sean said that first in a song a while back. Then Kanye said it in G.o.o.D Music Cypher.

Yeah I remember him saying that in the Cypher too. That was like a month or so before the album hit the stores. So I assume he just thought that line was that amazing so he had to write it down.

»Gnation    594

Have you ever had sex with a pharoah

I put the p-ssy in a sarcophagus

I cried, it's beautiful.

• Upvote 5