Sign in to follow this  
jared

UFC 121: Lesnar vs Velasquez

jared    132

grats to everyone, great card, cept shields.. couldn't have been a more boring/ugly fight.

Mutavault    2905

i made 30 bucks : )

I knew Cain was going to win, Lesnar has never fought a tactical guy and doesn't have anything but ground game, he came into ufc 2 fights for a championship against an old, weightless Cuture :( he wasn't ready for title opponents yet.

If he thinks he can just wrestle his way through title matches he's in the wrong sport :S

I really did want Brock to win but he wasn't ready for the Silva of Heavyweight.

Yeah it really was a rape, but one of those early punches to Lesnar fron Cain, was a clear shot to the back of the head in his first knockdown. It was too quick to be illegal really, but it reminded me of the GSP vs. Serra fight 1, he wasn't the same after that shot and he couldn't get his feet back under him when he tried to stand up which means that neck/back head shot really fucked him up.

»...Arson    7812

.....woah

does velasquez have any competition on heavyweight? carwin has the ko-anyone-with-one-shot factor but cain could probably tag him first... dos santos has sick hands? maybe thats the next fight?

r3skyline    5

Fuck I cant find videos of the fights anywhere

if youre on demonoid, you can dl it. im doin so right now cuz i was out last nite with the missus. xD

r3skyline    5

ah, here we go. for those that wanna watch it again. :)

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/2cd_1287907884"></param><param'>http://www.liveleak.com/e/2cd_1287907884"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/2cd_1287907884" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

xCiegex    79

Its just funny to see that 90% of you picked Lesnar to win now you are on the Velasquez train since he just won. And none of the shots were to the back of the head they were clean he just knows how to box and he fucked Lesnar with that knee.

jared    132

Its just funny to see that 90% of you picked Lesnar to win now you are on the Velasquez train since he just won. And none of the shots were to the back of the head they were clean he just knows how to box and he fucked Lesnar with that knee.

Was 55/45 on lesnar winning, Knew he couldn't stand up with Cain let alone any top HW. I personally didn't realize how good Cain's wrestling and takedown defense was, I was quite amazed. I only picked lesnar strictly cause of the size difference, the superior wrestling/grappling and just cause he's the current champ, which you can't go wrong with.

»...Arson    7812

same, i thought cain was better but didnt have the wrestling to compete. obviously he had the wrestling to take lesnar down and literally get up seconds after being taken down (the 2nd time maybe a milisecond lol) and then dominate.

Greed`    94

Props to Cain Velasquez on the win. I didn't think he could do it, but I'm still on the Brock-wagon, he'll be back. I hear Lesnar's next fight might be the third fight with Frank Mir, thoughts?

xCiegex    79

Thats what happens when Lesnar fights as good of a wrestler than he is. Some one who can stop takedowns and get up after he gets taken down.

irak    29

the only way lesnar mir 3 won't happen is if Mir replaces Carwin for 125 cuz he's out for injury as of now and Mir and Nelson have a little bit of a history