Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yakuza Kid

Chaining Question

8 posts in this topic

Sorry I didn't know where to post this if it is in the wrong spot. But anywho, this is all happening on my opponents turn. He summons a Gladiator Beast (I forget which) and then special summons Test Tiger to tag out Secutor. I then Effect Veiler but he Chariots the Effect Veiler. After Chariot resolves, I activate Beckoning Light and get back that Effect Veiler and then activate Effect Veiler. Is this a legal play or not? I was confident that you could activate it, but a few people have said that you are not able to activate Beckoning Light after Chariot resolves and their reasoning was because it's a counter trap.

You are able to do what you did, because once a chain resolves, turn player retains priority to activate spell speed 2 and higher effects, then when he does/does not, you can do whatever you want

I dont understand what is soooo hard to figure out about this sites lay out. There is a section Rulings and Organized Play. This is a ruling question. So obviously it belongs in general discussion.

I dont understand what is soooo hard to figure out about this sites lay out. There is a section Rulings and Organized Play. This is a ruling question. So obviously it belongs in general discussion.

Sorry, can someone please move this to that section?

You said "after Chariot resolves."

That is illegal.

Now, "after the Chain involving Chariot resolves, in response to that Chain's having resolved" is legal.

Chariot is, by design, NEVER going to be Chain Link 1 of a Chain, so activating something "after Chariot resolves" isn't possible. This is because nothing may be Chained to a Chain Link of a Chain currently undergoing Chain Resolution.

And the only way to resolve one part of a Chain Link is to begin the process of Chain Resolution, which doesn't just resolve one link - it resolves the whole thing.

after chariot is finished resolving, just make sure you ask your opponent if they are doing anything else during their main phase and be sure to let them know u plan on doing more before they enter the battle phase, then you can do this

but a question of mine is would secutor "forget" it was summoned by a test tiger and not be able to use its effect again ever as long as it remains on the field, similar to the veiler vs bambooshoot scenario?