Axle

Steam Sales

+rei+    34993
I've only picked up Skyrim for my GF and FF13-2 for myself - neither were 'stellar deals' but my GF has been wanting some skyrim in her life for ages and I know I'm going to play 13-2 eventually so may as well get it for $15 for pc while I have the chance
  • Upvote 1

+Urthor    10234

Ah :P shame you had activated it and wasn't a gift I would have been interested in buying it off you :P

If you buy the game and teach me how not to be bored by what people SAY is one of the best RPGs of the last few years that would be swell

+Paraliel+    8035

I've only picked up Skyrim for my GF and FF13-2 for myself - neither were 'stellar deals' but my GF has been wanting some skyrim in her life for ages and I know I'm going to play 13-2 eventually so may as well get it for $15 for pc while I have the chance

I don't think you will

You'd have to slog through 13 first and that is an achievement by itself

anduril38    358

Ah :P shame you had activated it and wasn't a gift I would have been interested in buying it off you :P

If you buy the game and teach me how not to be bored by what people SAY is one of the best RPGs of the last few years that would be swell

I'll try ;) 

»CheyMcFly    4637

So far I've gotten Octodad, h1z1, facerig, and The Witcher 2.

Each for half of their normal price if not less, so not bad at all.

+rei+    34993

I don't think you will

You'd have to slog through 13 first and that is an achievement by itself

I've slogged through the first nine and a half games in this series, I may be going slow but I'm not going to stop. That said when I hit 13 I'll just load my save file that's 17 hours in already.

Nish    253

So far I've gotten Octodad, h1z1, facerig, and The Witcher 2.

Each for half of their normal price if not less, so not bad at all.

Octodad is fantastic, so many hours of hilarity

Jesus the Jew    986

Idk if Green Man Games counts but they are selling games for steam on huge discounts (I got Sins of A Solar Empire: Rebellion for 8 bucks). Overall, looks a like quite a few good titles are available.

+Urthor    10234

Idk if Green Man Games counts but they are selling games for steam on huge discounts (I got Sins of A Solar Empire: Rebellion for 8 bucks). Overall, looks a like quite a few good titles are available.

Yea GMG is pretty much the cheapest place on the internet not selling stolen keys fairly sure.

anduril38    358

I'm very underwhelmed by the sales, just the same stuff over and over with no incentive to keep checking for the flash sales.. :( 

ACP    33419
Sega is giving away/heavily discounting a bunch of games on Steam for their http://www.makewarnotlove.com promotion.

Aaron    2057
Posted (edited)

So I ended up getting (most games I'll probably never play):

RDR2 

Sekiro  

A Plague Tale: Innocence (it looks beautiful)

Total War Hammer II (cos Henry Cavill plays it) 

Disco Elysium

Valiant Hearts the Great War

Half Life Blue Shift

Half Life Opposing force

Resident Evil 2

The Witcher Tales

Tyranny

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Moss (VR)

The Spy who Shrunk Me (VR)

Duck Season (VR)

Straw Trek Bridge Crew DLC (VR)

Gorn (VR)

Elven Table Tennis (VR)

Pixel Ripped 1989 (VR) 

Westworld Awakening (VR)

Boneworks  (VR)

Dead Effect 2 (VR)

I also GOG'ed:

Torment Tides of Numenera

Baldurs Gate I

Baldurs Gate II

Elder Scrolls III Morrowind

Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity 2 Dead Fire

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodline

Overall I feel like I wasted a lot of money. 

The CRPGs are all down to Planescape Torment and how much I find myself thinking about that game. 

The VR games are just because I bought a Valve Index so a lot of games without Oculus SDK support I'm now very psyched to play.  They're also a decent investment as VR games age really well. A game like Moss is better to play now on the Valve Index than it was on its release on the vive/rift as they scale up incredibly well. 

I normally wouldn't buy Sekiro as I like to only buy those games when they're old and like 9.99 but the fact I didn't complete DS3 or DS2 proves to me if I don't play games near release, I might never play them as I love to penny pinch in PC games but I'm the first idiot to run out and pre-order whatever Nintendo exclusive is released and prioritise and play that to death. Same applies to RDR2. I bought GTA V like 6 months ago but without the hype struggle to get through it. 

If I do ever go into the nostalgia realsm of gaming, I rarelty decide on a graphical intensive game and instead seem to have a fetish for older games and they seem to satisfy me a lot more (my most satisfying gaming experience this year was Final Fantasy Tactics, it blew me away). 

I had a few more games I wanted to buy but I'll re-evaluate in April whether I've actually played many/any of this lot. 

Edited by Aaron

+Urthor    10234

That is enough gaming to last you into 2022 pretty sure

Aaron    2057
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Urthor said:

That is enough gaming to last you into 2022 pretty sure

yup steam sales are just so dangerous man 

Edited by Aaron