Final_Vent

The Awkward thread

when you're out with a group of friends and you run into yugioh players that you know

or the reverse, youre somewhere getting your duel on and soemone you know sees you lol.

how is either of those awkward

yugioh players have the tendency to bring up yugioh in conversation, which is obviously awkward around school friends

This is kind of awkward though, I try to keep it out of conversations, but eh, it's not that big a deal.

It isn't awkward at all.

Loz    3642

^

it is when you're in high school and in the company of girls you want to bone

just my opinion

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Dgz Punk    929

Most people I knew in high school knew I played, and didn't give a fuck.

If someones going to ditch you as a friend, etc because you play ygo, they aren't worth your time regardless.

• Upvote 2

Loz    3642

you're a tool.

idk why you guys are disagreeing so much. It would be the same if you're with a girl and someone talks to you about starcraft/ WoW/ CoD etc and leaves them out of the conversation. It alienates the other people you're with which makes me feel awkward.

I don't think i'm being too ridiculous here

• Upvote 2

lol nice edit. if your worried about leaving out your group, just nicely say that you'll talk to them about it later or something like that. if you really are embaressed of something you used to enjoy because people who will be irrelevant in 3 years will judge you for it, then you're a huge tool. and that is what you said before you edited your argument into something completely different to try to save face.

Loz    3642

lol nice edit. if your worried about leaving out your group, just nicely say that you'll talk to them about it later or something like that. if you really are embaressed of something you used to enjoy because people who will be irrelevant in 3 years will judge you for it, then you're a huge tool. and that is what you said before you edited your argument into something completely different to try to save face.

or maybe i just edited because i chose my words poorly?

all my friends know i play and i don't give two shits, so idk what you're getting at there

^

just my opinion

In the exact same scenario, wasn't awkward for me. Maybe you just don't have any game?

• Downvote 1

Loz    3642

^

just my opinion

In the exact same scenario, wasn't awkward for me. Maybe you just don't have any game?

idg how feeling awkward in one very specific situation automatically means i have no game, but ok. this thread is getting ridiculous

beetle    1115

you're a tool.

idk why you guys are disagreeing so much. It would be the same if you're with a girl and someone talks to you about starcraft/ WoW/ CoD etc and leaves them out of the conversation. It alienates the other people you're with which makes me feel awkward.

I don't think i'm being too ridiculous here

yoyoyo bro, talking a little Starcraft never killed my night. Most girls have no idea what Starcraft even is, so you can talk to it with one of your bros for a minute and it doesn't matter. WOW and yugioh though, I'd leave those way the fuck out of a conversation.

^

just my opinion

idg how feeling awkward in one very specific situation automatically means i have no game, but ok. this thread is getting ridiculous

Feeling awkward about something as minor as yugioh = probable lack of confidence

lack of confidence = definite lack of game

That's my logical pathway, anyway.

SteveK    926

^

just my opinion

They'll just tease you about it for a bit but they won't ditch you completely because of it unless your a huge faggot.

Loz    3642

Feeling awkward about something as minor as yugioh = probable lack of confidence

well, you're wrong

edit: it's not the yugioh specifically that makes it awkward, idgaf if people know i played yugioh. It's the fact that i'm totally alienating the person in my company which i don't like. Can we just drop it now cause this is fucking retarded

beetle    1115

well, you're wrong

Nah, he's pretty right. Even a complete dork with some game can turn shit like that around. If anyone ever asks me about it, I just tell them it's like Magic and don't go into details. Everyone knows what Magic is. You can even make fun of yourself a little bit to, some ppl dig that lol. I've never cockblocked myself with Yugioh.

Loz    3642

well, you're wrong

Nah, he's pretty right. Even a complete dork with some game can turn shit like that around. If anyone ever asks me about it, I just tell them it's like Magic and don't go into details. Everyone knows what Magic is. You can even make fun of yourself a little bit to, some ppl dig that lol. I've never cockblocked myself with Yugioh.

it's not because i'm insecure about playing yugioh

obviously i turn the situation around, as i have done at least 5x in the past

can you guys get off my nuts yet?

well, you're wrong

it's not because i'm insecure about playing yugioh

obviously i turn the situation around, as i have done at least 5x in the past

can you guys get off my nuts yet?

We're not on your nuts, chief. We said that a ygo conversation doesn't have to produce an awkward scenario, you said it does. If you want us to quit debating it, quit fucking posting in debate. You can't go

"Hey let's have a debate"

"okay, opinion A"

"no, opinion B, supporting argument"

"no, opinion A, supporting argument"

"no no no, opinion B, supporting argument, now please don't reply again"

• Upvote 1

Loz    3642

i don't go into threads looking to start a debate, i was retaliating to mosdef unjustifiably (in my opinion) calling me a tool

i stated my opinion and you made sweeping judgments about my personality/ social life, which obviously i'm going to rebuke

i don't go into threads looking to start a debate, i was retaliating to mosdef unjustifiably (in my opinion) calling me a tool

i stated my opinion and you made sweeping judgments about my personality/ social life, which obviously i'm going to rebuke

I understand all of this.

What I'm saying is that you cannot enter a forum of discussion currently in debate, state your opinion (whether it be personal or otherwise) and then, after a few turns, tell your opposition that you would no longer like for them to respond to your participation in said discussion, which, whether was your intent or not, is a debate at this moment.

Loz    3642

Girl telling you shes had a crush on you for a long time and when it comes down to do work, youre unable to get it up.

inbetweeners.jpg

• Upvote 2

Loz    3642

you cannot

i just did, now let it go. I don't see the need to turn everything into a debate

you cannot

i just did, now let it go. I don't see the need to turn everything into a debate

No sir, I won't let it go. I'm beginning to suspect you suffer from lack of social ability in every facet of your life, not just chicks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Loz    3642

you cannot

No sir, I won't let it go. I'm beginning to suspect you suffer from lack of social ability in every facet of your life, not just chicks.

3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1