Sensei00S

League of Legends

Mutavault    2900

This new patch is so cool. Pantheon games are spear regain stay healthy farm throw spear repeat. Level 1 insanity with him. He's easily countered though so if you aren't picking a top last (shouldn't ever) then you can be wrecked. Caits guns proc so much, and Kayle not using up all her mana now is crazy sauce she just hits like a truck.

LionHeart77    64
This IEM is just meh. I had more fun watching Mark Cuban wreck than anything else. Every team besides OG just looks bad. New rosters, LGD management issues, Fnc giving up spot. Too messy for a decent tourney.

+Gemstone Mine    2596

so in pbe news, poppy was actually just straight up removed from the game. ie the best change riot's made in a while

In all seriousness, likely to make room for the poppy rework in a coming patch

LionHeart77    64

Thats funny. Just played my first Poppy game this year because some dick said he would trade me Fiora then laughed at me after I locked Poppy for him and he took Fi mid... Went like 22/9. Champ is hilarious if you get a lead. My friend will be sad though. He was already depressed when his Poppy otp account ended the season Plat 1 because he choked his diamond promos a million times over.

LionHeart77    64
First impressions of Illaoi are pretty positive. Her laning phase is brutal, her trades are incredibly strong, has a bit of built in sustain and crazy poke(e). She teamfights incredibly well for someone with no cc. Land a 3-4 man ult w and watch the chaos as you get healed by them. But she only brings damage and tank to a team so there are for sure drawbacks.

Few tips if anyone is messing around with her.
The ghost her E creates counts as another champion for her ulti so it spawns more tentacles.

Her ult makes the tentacles attack twice as fast and makes them untargetable so if you pull a low health target with your E and they try to back with low health your ult will prevent them from killing the tentacles that come to attack for an extra 8 seconds and speeds them up so you can usually pick up a kill on some poor sap trying to back.

Flash E - R - W does stupid damage in teamfights. W-E-R if you dont have flash miss one tentacle hit so less burst but still nice. Each tentacle will heal you for 5% of your missing hp every time your w is up so she can soak a bit right in the enemies face.

Idk what to build. Been going Black Cleaver into full tank but I really want to fit a bit more AD in there somewhere. Maybe a Hydra or Deaths Dance. Her tentacles(and q) scale off of 160% ad so it can be some massive hurt. Tri into steraks or maybe just steraks can be really good as well. Second highest base ad in the game at level 18 so both of those and steraks passive sounds really strong.

Maxing R-Q-E-W. Q increases damage of all tentacles and best trade spell in lane. E actually has some pretty nice perks to leveling it increases the damage by almost double, lowers the cd by near half. W level is meh you only gain a bit of damage (+80 at max rank so yea) and lowers the cd which your ult already lowers to 2 seconds while its active so leveling it is meh.

she has the highest base ad in the game at all levels, so seems like triforce, gage, and full tank is the way to go.

this bitch is honestly crazy, i've won or lost so many games off her

TFJ    618
Anyone have any tips on how to get started?

TFJ    618

Maybe be had helpful beginner advice/a guide. Or there might be a better configuration then default, etc.

Drewsifer    49

Maybe be had helpful beginner advice/a guide. Or there might be a better configuration then default, etc.

The controls are pretty standard, especially if you're used to PC gaming. I came from a console background of mostly FPS's so taking the game on to get comfortable with the controls took quite awhile, but the defaults are what works the best for me. 

The only thing I did change was using Mouse 4/5 (the side buttons for my specific mouse) to lock camera and self-cast spells. 

┬╗Ryuuzaki    2545

try google you twat. there are numerous youtube guides and resources, to where you could have figured this out yourself. don't mean to be toxic, or detour you away, but come on, man

TFJ    618
It's a 447 page thread. My ten posts aren't going to amount to much.
Out cow I googled, did tutorial.
But I assumed it off 447 pages someone in Dgz might have something else helpful.
  • Upvote 5

LionHeart77    64
Best advice I can give to start with is honestly mental. Your gonna suck. Your gonna play with other people who suck. Ignore/mute people who flame you and don't lose your temper and flame others. Makes the game get meh real fast. Have fun and don't stress sucking. Look up builds online for whichever champ you play(champon.gg is good). If you like the game and really get into it watch some pro games on twitch or pro streamers.

+Gemstone Mine    2596

so on the pbe, they removed rumble's q only doing half damage to jungle creeps

brb buying rumble in the jungle

Drewsifer    49

It's a 447 page thread. My ten posts aren't going to amount to much.
Out cow I googled, did tutorial.
But I assumed it off 447 pages someone in Dgz might have something else helpful.

If you're playing on NA add me; Lefsa

I can try to provide answers to questions, but I don't usually play with pre-30 players. I can help you get situated with the game. 
Off-hand some things that are useful as resources are;

Probuilds; I use this to determine what people are using as summoners, it lists item guides, shows what masteries/runes people are using, and helps you determine optimal build paths. "This person built X item and did really well!!, but this game he built this item and did poorly". You probably can't look at team compositions and determine why they did what they did since you're so new, but it's still a good resource to use. 

Mobafire/teamsolomid guides are a good way to LEARN peoples OPINIONS on champions, but honestly I haven't used these in like ages and half the information is wrong, but sometimes they do include good resources for learning about champions. Alternatively you can look at streams through twitch. I can list a few that help you learn roles if you'd like, but a few streams I watch are Scarra since he's informative, and Rush to look at his decision making. 

Also, if you watch streams and see people go HAM on Lee Sin/Nidalee/etc just remember you being new to the game is p big deal so I'd stick to easier-to-play champions, like annie, graves, pantheon maybe. 

• Downvote 1

so on the pbe, they removed rumble's q only doing half damage to jungle creeps

brb buying rumble in the jungle

iirc they only removed it on the tooltip, someone tested it and it still does half damage. But maybe I'm wrong!

also playing pantheon seems like a terrible idea when you're new b/c 1) without a lot of bonus starting ad with runes and masteries its a lot harder to bully, and 2) becoming useless later on in the game is a terrible experience.

(a friend of mine used to main pantheon, so i tried him out at like level 15 for quite a while. Pretty sure my average kdr on him is still like 1:9)

LionHeart77    64
Wonder if Fnatic has secret issues with their infrastructure. Seems odd to be the best EU team and lose their roster two years in a row. Its a shame. But my fandom of TSM is growing. The biggest western super team in a few years at least. Been without a home since Hotshot's attempt at PR. Maybe TSM is my new home.

Dominator    1517

Doubt it, they have been stable for a very long time.  The reasons for people leaving are really things that are out of their control.  They did a magnificent job rebuilding the roster the 1st time and it's impressive that they managed to talk Febiven to stay another year.  The bigger issue for them and EU is why are they not paying their players more.  Is it owner greed? Or are there viable reasons why they don't make as much money.  Unlike Korea, they really don't have that much talent to keep losing it to NA.