Sensei00S

League of Legends

Gear    712
HI I'm riot. I nerf you hecarims, skarners and anivias but buff Rivens.

Top lane meta is about to get more Op.

:/ I've been consistently winning lane as stuff like shen against riven, admittedly I'm low elo but riven should at least be able to contest me.

Watching boxbox play riven is so painful because he deals like zero damage until midgame

+Gemstone Mine    2596

shen is really good right now, that tank damage/steal passive makes shen's trading a bit insane, and if he gets titanic hydra as say 3rd or 4th item, he actually is able to kills squishies during his taunt almost solo. Shen's always been pretty powerful in lane though, especially beacuse he's free to take ignite. Shen's level 2 cheese has to be respected.

Also riven's itemization is pretty bad right now, and riven scales so well on her items that them being bad kinda hurts.

Nish    253

I dunno why you'd not just go Ravenous, Riven doesn't like to build tanky because she works really well with AD/CDR (which also buff her survivability due to mobility spells and the AD scaling shield)

3DGoD    1689

Riots balancing is so off whack my god but i guess my eyes are open to it now we'll get a few cycles from tank to mid to jungle hard carry as usual and end with a somewhat empty feeling for that season

gonna try and see if i can smurf to diamond playing ashe only the masteries with utility actual opening interesting engaging gameplay

+Gemstone Mine    2596

so what does yalls snowdown slate look like?

might get ekko and ahri, but I already have a skin for nid and anivia, and that is an awful gp skin.

edit: Well, that didn't work. brb

ok, cant get it to work right now, so its maid nid, warring kingdoms nid, hextech anivia, sandstorm ekko, popstar ahri, and spec ops gp. ekko and ahri are 70% off too.

wrw.chrono    155
Striker Lucian, Blackthorn Morgana, Exiled Morgana, Arcade Riven, and Woad Ashe.

Arcade Riven is 70% off which would be awesome if not for the fact that I hate playing top lane...

+Gemstone Mine    2596

right next to the store, the small little thing there between it and profile. Everyone gets unique sales, 6 skins for champs at any number of % off. Example is I have hextech anivia 20% off and 70% off sandstorm ekko.

• Upvote 1

As soon as the new fantasy league creation opens up Ill make a league and post the link on here so we do our annual DGZ League. It should open up later tonight I imagine.

+Malcolm    4606

the game is really bad right now

also @ the stupid illaoi conversation

if you are using illaoi to try and engage onto an enemy team you don't know how to play the game. she is as anti dive as you can get, even if your team doesn't have any sort of wombo it doesn't matter because good fucking luck trying to get to anyone of importance whilst ignoring her disgusting damage output

┬╗lo fi    2612

It's a 447 page thread. My ten posts aren't going to amount to much.
Out cow I googled, did tutorial.
But I assumed it off 447 pages someone in Dgz might have something else helpful.

If you're playing on NA add me; Lefsa

I can try to provide answers to questions, but I don't usually play with pre-30 players. I can help you get situated with the game. 
Off-hand some things that are useful as resources are;

Probuilds; I use this to determine what people are using as summoners, it lists item guides, shows what masteries/runes people are using, and helps you determine optimal build paths. "This person built X item and did really well!!, but this game he built this item and did poorly". You probably can't look at team compositions and determine why they did what they did since you're so new, but it's still a good resource to use. 

Mobafire/teamsolomid guides are a good way to LEARN peoples OPINIONS on champions, but honestly I haven't used these in like ages and half the information is wrong, but sometimes they do include good resources for learning about champions. Alternatively you can look at streams through twitch. I can list a few that help you learn roles if you'd like, but a few streams I watch are Scarra since he's informative, and Rush to look at his decision making. 

Also, if you watch streams and see people go HAM on Lee Sin/Nidalee/etc just remember you being new to the game is p big deal so I'd stick to easier-to-play champions, like annie, graves, pantheon maybe. 

Don't fucking recommend Mobafire / Team Solo Mid.. Like ever.

Also...

champion.gg > 

LionHeart77    64

Been playing a lot of Azir lately and having trouble deciding which keystone is best for him. Recently found out his soldiers proc and stack Fervor. Only considering Fervor and Thunderlords the former has more dps by a large margin in more stages of the game. Level 10 for example Thunderlords will deal 100 +10%ap damage so usually just a bit over 100 total damage. Fervor on the other hand ramps up to deal 50 extra damage per soldier aa with no cooldown. The ramp up is 2 soldier aa q aa to hit max dps. Which is a huge difference in damage that scales to absurd levels late game when you use 3 soldiers to chunk teams. But the tradeoff is your earlier trades in lane will be worse without Thunderlords. And you give up Precision for Piercing thoughts which is a pretty huge difference.

+Gemstone Mine    2596

thunderlords is better on azir imo  because the masteries leading up to it are better than the ones in the other tree and thunderlords gives azir actually incredible amounts of burst, akin to old nid where you throw soldier auto auto and take off 3/4 of a squishies health. Fevor does end up being more dps in team fights, maybe, but give azir so much chunking power is actually fairly potent. 150-170 extra base damage is nothing to joke about honestly, ludens passive has never been bad, and usually ludens is actually better than dcap until 3rd or 4th item. Thunderlords also imo is better in in lane trading, most laning trades don't last long enough for fevor to outdamage thunderlords. Fevor is also bonus phys damage which makes it a lot worse, because it get hit by base armor (which is usually higher than base mr fyi) and bonus armor without accounting for the m pen you end up having, its similar to the reason why ryze stopped building manamune when they changed it to be phys damage instead of magic damage, because it does signifcantly less damage when you aren't building the right pen for it.

It also doesn't help that thunderlords is the only t3 mastery that doesn't suck dick

source:

I fucking love playing azir, I play him basically every time i go mid.

• Upvote 1

+Gemstone Mine    2596

also, apparently riot is looking into another ryze rework. because, ya know, the last one was fair and balanced and fun to play against.

LionHeart77    64

thunderlords is better on azir imo  because the masteries leading up to it are better than the ones in the other tree and thunderlords gives azir actually incredible amounts of burst, akin to old nid where you throw soldier auto auto and take off 3/4 of a squishies health. Fevor does end up being more dps in team fights, maybe, but give azir so much chunking power is actually fairly potent. 150-170 extra base damage is nothing to joke about honestly, ludens passive has never been bad, and usually ludens is actually better than dcap until 3rd or 4th item. Thunderlords also imo is better in in lane trading, most laning trades don't last long enough for fevor to outdamage thunderlords. Fevor is also bonus phys damage which makes it a lot worse, because it get hit by base armor (which is usually higher than base mr fyi) and bonus armor without accounting for the m pen you end up having, its similar to the reason why ryze stopped building manamune when they changed it to be phys damage instead of magic damage, because it does signifcantly less damage when you aren't building the right pen for it.

It also doesn't help that thunderlords is the only t3 mastery that doesn't suck dick

source:

I fucking love playing azir, I play him basically every time i go mid.

Ya the armor point basically wraps it up. Too bad Precision isn't on the offense tree. Would help balance Thunderlords.

Drewsifer    49

It's a 447 page thread. My ten posts aren't going to amount to much.
Out cow I googled, did tutorial.
But I assumed it off 447 pages someone in Dgz might have something else helpful.

If you're playing on NA add me; Lefsa

I can try to provide answers to questions, but I don't usually play with pre-30 players. I can help you get situated with the game. 
Off-hand some things that are useful as resources are;

Probuilds; I use this to determine what people are using as summoners, it lists item guides, shows what masteries/runes people are using, and helps you determine optimal build paths. "This person built X item and did really well!!, but this game he built this item and did poorly". You probably can't look at team compositions and determine why they did what they did since you're so new, but it's still a good resource to use. 

Mobafire/teamsolomid guides are a good way to LEARN peoples OPINIONS on champions, but honestly I haven't used these in like ages and half the information is wrong, but sometimes they do include good resources for learning about champions. Alternatively you can look at streams through twitch. I can list a few that help you learn roles if you'd like, but a few streams I watch are Scarra since he's informative, and Rush to look at his decision making. 

Also, if you watch streams and see people go HAM on Lee Sin/Nidalee/etc just remember you being new to the game is p big deal so I'd stick to easier-to-play champions, like annie, graves, pantheon maybe. 

Don't fucking recommend Mobafire / Team Solo Mid.. Like ever.

Also...

champion.gg > 

There's hardly any resources for leaning about champions kits outside watching streams though besides playing the game. And if you're new there's a lot of things that people won't be able to figure out by themselves lol.

Everybody can tell these resources always need to be taken with a grain of salt,and if you can't I was even clear about how to use them, but nobody is gonna be able to diagnose probuilds reasoning for why x player built y that's new to the game, which is why I recommended mobafire/etc since they at least offer opinions (even tho half the time their patches behind). Like if he's truly new to the game unless he's playing with smurfs it won't do any harm. And realistically I'm sure he's smart enough to not stick to one build for the entire time he plays a champion lmao.
Like there's so little resources for newer players that you have to take what you can get before you learn to think for yourself. 

Dominator    1517

Lolking has good guides from diamond and up one trick ponies.  They go in depth with match ups, items, overall champ strategies etc..  That's where I start, then once I learned the champ, I mainly use probuilds or champion.gg depending on if it's a meta or not champ.

Drewsifer    49

Yeah I definitely think there's better resources for people with context on what they're trying to learn, but a player who isn't familiar with League may fall susceptible to building Abyssal Scepter against full AD teams and etc. While those things aren't really the worst levels pre-30 they're not good habits either. and those resources are the ones I know of that at least provide basic context on builds etc. 

Lolking is a p good resource although you should definitely make sure to check the patch they're for since a lot of things can be outdated, but that applies for any guide too.