PJ

Final Fantasy

Best Final Fantasy?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. ???

Stor.    15

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but holy fucking shit if it true!!

Edited by Stor.

+Logic    2040

I'm 10 hours in to my first playthrough of XIII. I don't understand the upgrade system, and don't want to waste resources. That being said, I'm not all about 100% runs and ultimate weapons.

How much should I worry about this? Any links to a spoiler-free guide? Are ultimate weapons easily obtainiable with prior knowledge without extensive backtracking/ exploration?

+greasy thug    19083
7 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm 10 hours in to my first playthrough of XIII. I don't understand the upgrade system, and don't want to waste resources. That being said, I'm not all about 100% runs and ultimate weapons.

How much should I worry about this? Any links to a spoiler-free guide? Are ultimate weapons easily obtainiable with prior knowledge without extensive backtracking/ exploration?

My memory is hazy but each character gets their own GF and have 6 different specialties.  There's the attack variant like commander? And support ones like saboteur.  Eventually everyone unlocks all 6 but start off with 3 preselected setups

assign roles for each character like have lightning/snow with offensive abilities and vanille/hope with heal/debuff shit

+greasy thug    19083

I'm playing 15 right now and the system is really irritating.  I don't like how this game is basically entourage: the game

+Logic    2040
37 minutes ago, Exiled said:

My memory is hazy but each character gets their own GF and have 6 different specialties.  There's the attack variant like commander? And support ones like saboteur.  Eventually everyone unlocks all 6 but start off with 3 preselected setups

assign roles for each character like have lightning/snow with offensive abilities and vanille/hope with heal/debuff shit

Yuh.

I was referring to upgrading weapons, not the roles.

JAPANESE GOBLIN    2182
15 hours ago, Logic said:

Yuh.

I was referring to upgrading weapons, not the roles.

There's basically no real waste. The vast majority of materials are readily available later on and most of the rare stuff isn't available in the story anyways. If you wanna be safe just don't use weapons with the wonkier effects (stuff like Leaden or Ultimate Magick are more expensive to upgrade and strictly worse if you don't go for a set bonus).

EDIT: To explain the system in more detail, it works like this. The scrap you can give to weapons have 2 values: an EXP value and an EXP multiplier value. Using stuff with a positive multiplier value will give you a bonus to the next thing you feed in. Conversely, the stuff that gives EXP multipliers (animal parts) have low base EXP. Mechanical parts have high base EXP but LOWER the multiplier value (1x is the floor). In practice this means you wanna use just enough animal parts to get the max multiplier (3x?) and then do a big bulk of mechanical stuff back down to 1x and repeat.

There's also stuff that gives neither good EXP or EXP multiplier, usually for selling.

When you get a weapon to Lv *, it can't be upgraded anymore, but it can be changed into the next stage with a catalyst. The catalyst needed depends on the weapon but you can eventually buy them all. Note that changing a weapon with a catalyst will actually drop its stats at first, but it gains stats faster and has better caps so it's generally worth it.

• Upvote 1

+Logic    2040

That makes so much more sense than anything I tried to make of it.

You're the hero I needed and don't deserve. < 3

+rei+    35450

im really enjoying 15 so far started it last week and have only put maybe six hours in  

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2856

I'm enjoying ff15 too. Haven't played for a week though because I have been so busy. Like I was thinking of getting a Horizon Zero Dawn, and the new Switch and Zelda but I think I'll be smart and wait till I beat FF15 and DQ8 first lol. I get overwhelmed when I buy too many new games at once :P

SageRhapsody    242

I bought 15 yesterday. Came home at 8pm to play it. It is now Monday 2pm and I have 13 hours clocked on this game. Somebody save me.

Edited by SageRhapsody
  • Upvote 2