Sign in to follow this  
Monkey D. Feno

Getting into ICT

Honestly have no clue where to start. Wich ebooks should I download? I was thinking I should learn to make websites first and then learn different type of codes. But it's hard to find a good order of things =/. What would you suggest?

BiPi    1032

ict? o.o

i highly suggest w3schools as they are awesome, free and have built-in examples/emulators.

+rei+    34636

ICT is ... sorta broad (and degrees in it are useless). Be more specific. Starting with programming would have been a good start.

If you want to start programming the by far best book is Python the Hard Way

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/index

»Paxman    4776

If you wanna start in networking (what i'm doing), you can find some Cisco material online if you look for it, and you can download packet tracer and play around with it. If you have the patience to play with packet tracer for a long time, you can more or less learn to set up any network you'd like with any protocol aswell, though it does take a fair bit of reading to understand it all.

+rei+    34636

-stab stab stab-

Just read the book on python I linked you

BiPi    1032

there are plenty of O'Reilly books you can easily access online w/o payment. check them out.

natas666    59

thnx for the feedback.

i want to get into software design/programming. essentially the same thing right?

honestly I think the best way to get into programming is start with like VB....its really easy and its all gui based for the most part...then switch to a harder language....thats basically how my college did it lol the first programming class you take is VB(visual basic) then they drop you into programming principles which is a java class...then into data structures(Which is exactly what it sounds like....structures that hold data lol) but i would honestly recommend starting with VB and who knows you mike like Visual Studios and just stick with it...i don't recommend that tho...but hey to each his own...I'm pretty sure YVD was made in VB

• Downvote 2

+rei+    34636

thnx for the feedback.

i want to get into software design/programming. essentially the same thing right?

honestly I think the best way to get into programming is start with like VB....its really easy and its all gui based for the most part...then switch to a harder language....thats basically how my college did it lol the first programming class you take is VB(visual basic) then they drop you into programming principles which is a java class...then into data structures(Which is exactly what it sounds like....structures that hold data lol) but i would honestly recommend starting with VB and who knows you mike like Visual Studios and just stick with it...i don't recommend that tho...but hey to each his own...I'm pretty sure YVD was made in VB

GIVE ME ONE FUCKING REASON TO NOT BAN YOU.