sanojio

Battlefield 3

»Farley    1035

Gave it a go. Lot of spawn locking and I think people are mostly doing what they want. Feels weird not being able to mess with settings and dropping straight into games. Will have some fun.

Won't put too much time into this and will wait for the full release.

»Farley    1035

oh wow playing with a good team, didnt even get to see the sunway/tunnels before

so much better

Garland    505

From my experience, sniping is just so underpowered. Like, I got two hitmarkers into the enemy's chest :/

Were you using the SVG? Sounds like it would be that

I've gotten multiple hit markers like that with every sniper. I probably have the worst luck in the world, if this is only happening to me.

You gotta get headshots. Body shots dont usually kill in one shot, unless you have Magnum Rounds specification equipped.

Quack    1840

the servers are fucked

for everyone saying theres too much damage, there is a glitch that a person moving will take more damage if being shot at.

sanojio    129
the graphics being absolutely shambolic when compared to the PC version. Seriously I cannot believe they left it until the last month or two to show off the console versions but now I know why. I'm not a fan of either COD or BF before people start negging me but you cannot deny that the console versions looking fucking awful. I know graphics aren't the be all and end all when it comes to games but considering EA and DICE built the entire marketing campaign on the "gorgeous frostbite 2.0" engine this is unacceptable. I've played The Run and that is the best looking NFS to date, surpassing Shift 2.
  • Upvote 1

yellowlink    1
The Graphics are downgraded because of the Beta. They will be upgraded once the Final Version Releases. Just got home and been playing the beta, it's amazing! :D

»Farley    1035
caspian borders is so fucking good

not kdr obsessive like metro. its like perfect. if only battelog wasnt gay

u can play caspian on the beta? metro is all i ever get.

side note, FUCK ORIGIN! i spent a whole day downloading bad company 2 on origin, got it to 80%. next day tried to restart, went back to 0%

so i finished the download, derp! need to get the patch update which takes hours.

got the patch. now i need to hunt down the registration code. enter it. doesn't work. restart origin. enter it. doesn't work

after spending an hour chatting with a service rep, he decides to delete my old copy and give me a new key for the deluxe version.

new key doesn't work.

now i'm told i have to uninstall the whole thing and download it again. "i'm sure it will work after that".

as a bonus, it probably won't work on my old computer anymore. i hope the character data isn't deleted too.

man, this shit is enough to make me wanna play mw3 just to spite EA (much love for DICE tho)

»Farley    1035
origin/battlelog currently suck dick

bf3 is that good that i wont care

and to play caspian go into the server browser lol
  • Upvote 1

Blex64    161
[quote name='yellowlink' timestamp='1318567429' post='3007811']
How will the console version fare? Am i better off with mw3?
[/quote]

If you like awful games.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Blex64    161
[quote name='J u v e' timestamp='1318637733' post='3008346']
what makes u say mw3 is an awful game ?
[/quote]

The last six or so have been, and its not like anything changes from year to year.
  • Downvote 2

yellowlink    1
Just called home and my copy has arrived :D. But I won't be able to play till Thursday :(. Sucks not having PS3 at dorms, anyways I have heard many positive things about this game from the beta, I am hearing that their servers are crashing but that was expected.

gamerpaul    0
I'm playing on pc my origin name is gamerpaul89 if anybody wants to add me.

Dawgy    2039
[quote name='yellowlink' timestamp='1319563136' post='3016660']
Just called home and my copy has arrived :D. But I won't be able to play till Thursday :(. Sucks not having PS3 at dorms, anyways I have heard many positive things about this game from the beta, I am hearing that their servers are crashing but that was expected.
[/quote]

I got my copy for the 360 yesterday, and if the PS3 version is having any sort of server issues similar to what the 360 version was having, then I can honestly say "you aren't missing much." At one point last night, it was impossible for me to stay in a game because the servers were so wonky. I didn't even get to really play the multiplayer until about 10 PM or so (it's really fucking fun, although I feel kind of gimped compared to the peeps who have already unlocked weapons and stuff). They went down at like 2 AM tho, so I was kind of sad panda, but it's probably best if I get to bed anyways. I've got Wednesday and most of Thursday off from work, so I'll spend that time to grind.

First day launch servers are always kind of nutty. It eventually stabilizes tho. Maybe by Thursday they'll be completely fixed? :D
  • Upvote 1

yellowlink    1
I mean I don't mind not having to play for a bit. I know that by like thursday most people will be early levels and as long as they are not like 25 + then I am good. I am aiming to get like lv 10+ by sunday, so yeah hopefully that goes good.

I have heard about servers crashing and stuff, which sucks but it happens in every BF game because of dedicated servers. Is the party system functioning right or is that messed up as well?