Ammit    5159

Watching Let's Kill Hitler now. Does anyone have a good stream for the episode that was on Saturday?

Edit: holy fuck so much plot twists. It seems like they're coming full circle to the beginning of the season too. Still want to know who the SIlence is, and why River still kills the Doctor. Maybe because he has to be killed, as it is a fixed point in history.

• Downvote 1

»Ray    1888

The hotel episode was the best filler episode in a long while. Finally rid of Amy too, though not likely for very long. She needs to be erased from existence so the doctor can travel with Rory.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+rei+    34402

its funny because Charles Dickens will be in hte last episode of the season - there was a joke somewhere describing Eccleston's season if he ditched Rose and travelled with Charles Dickens instead

Ammit    5159

Just watched the hotel episode, probably one of the best directed episodes of Dr. Who. Starting Closing Time very soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+rei+    34402

Fucking film students ; )

• Upvote 1

TartedeMaçã    379
do you recommend me getting all seasons of this ? I mean, are the first ones any good ? if not which seasons should I get ?
I've only watched a couple eps of this, loved it ( both David Tennant's ) and I wanna get into it

ecclestones doctor was really good, DALEK is still like the best episode of the whole series, prob closely followed by blink. 3 was garbage, 5 is garbage apart from the first episode and 'vincent and the doctor' who in gods name thought james corden was deserving of a role on this is beyond me, it just became a total farce of a show, 6 is a bit hit and miss, being clever for the sake of being clever IMO. most of the tennant stuff is really good but by jesus there was some crap. Him vs the master i think first time, was just plain awful how it resolved.
  • Downvote 2

+rei+    34402
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1emkQ.png[/img]

+Urthor    10167
I haven't watched this season yet. Did the show get terrible, or just really tragic?

+rei+    34402
yes.

[the episodes this season have been average at best, but the most recent one was both outstanding and tragic]

Miss Click    2475
Episode 1, 3 & 5 were actually pretty good or at least had some amazing parts in them.

2 & 4 were fun but a bit eh, Chris Chibnall is pretty terrible writer when comparing it to the quality of Toby Whithouse, Moffat himself or the stuff of Terry Nation from Classic Dr.Who.

Regarding latest episode,
[spoiler]They could of done without the giant Statue of Liberty gag, Melody/River was so suited for this role[/spoiler]

Ammit    5159
1 was decent 2 was horrible 2 had its moments was pretty bad overall, 4 was slightly better than decent 5 had some amazing moments but managed to screw the entire Angels canon over just like that.

+rei+    34402
i like what it did with the angels canon better than what time of the angels did

overall i found it fairly weak with a bajillion plotholes (statue of liberty,the book ), wished rory had more pop as i felt he carried most of the series, but amy's monologue and other stuff was ok. really needed another ep to pace it out properly, as felt rushed like korra

ep 4 really should have stayed a "breaking bad Fly" style episode, self contained without the monster of the week.

idk maybe the restart will reignite my interest, moffat just isn't all that good imo.
  • Upvote 1

HerrBadger    63
Moffat was good when he first wrote an episode or two. Like when he first wrote Blink, the Weeping Angels were actually scary, but he's just cheapened them as he goes. He is better suited writing the one-off a series rather than being lead writer.

I mean, he does write some real good stuff, but it's like he's trying too hard to maintain his own talent and overall cheapening himself as a writer.
  • Upvote 1

Ammit    5159
[quote name='rei' timestamp='1349126416' post='3293513']
i like what it did with the angels canon better than what time of the angels did
[/quote]
I guess the fact that like the new angels didn't cover their eyes which is a pretty key component of the angels. and how images of angels are also angels and there's 10 billion images of the statue of liberty so that doesn't make much sense. idk.