ensane    163

Apparently on DN this is okay and not unsportsmanlike conduct at all. For anyone that likes to troll for no reason.

[spoiler]Mr.GX: you already admittted when you said gg and clicked on my cards
iTweety: i didn't think it was game
iTweety: i was like hmmm topdeck deca
iTweety: how to get him to show me all the cards
Mr.GX: you can always change your words after you see my cards
Mr.GX: know one knows your mind process
iTweety: GG ccould mean Good God
iTweety: "Good God you a savage"
8Infinity8: iTweety hasn't technically done anything illegal. The duel had yet to end; you revealing your own cards presumptiously was a fault of your own. iTweety, I do not in the slightest condone your behaviour and will strictly advise you against it should you wish to avoid trouble in the future. Should I see fit, I can have this result in a penalty if you continue to behave like this. However, Mr.GX, the duel had not ended yet, regardless of what your opponent had said to you. It was you who made hasty
8Infinity8: assumptions about the duel's conclusion and acted in response.
8Infinity8: Therefore, the duel will continue.
Mr.GX: I would like to appeal
iTweety: is summon of deca fine
Mr.GX: its clearly in the rules
8Infinity8: You cannot appeal a senior's decision.
Mr.GX: cheating and unsportsmanship behaviour is banned
8Infinity8: Continue the duel please.
iTweety: i never cheated
iTweety: i simply tricked u
Mr.GX: unsportmanships?
Mr.GX: this game is supposed to be civil
iTweety: this wasn't hoban
Mr.GX: and admin
Mr.GX: one more thing
Mr.GX: if you alllow this now
Mr.GX: the people who are watching this
Mr.GX: will atempt this
Mr.GX: decisions such as this will promoe foul play and trickery's on DN
8Infinity8: I believe I've made it clear that I do not condone this action. There is a difference in circumstance to this and others thinking they can intentionally abuse situations like this.
Mr.GX: my opp
8Infinity8: Now please continue.
Mr.GX: intentionally abused this
Mr.GX: he admitted it, that he tricked me
8Infinity8: You made an assumption.
iTweety: I did trick you.
Mr.GX: my opp made me assume
8Infinity8: The duel was not over, but you assumed it was.
iTweety: I said you respected me too much.
Mr.GX: my opp said it was
Mr.GX: sec
8Infinity8: I won't ask again: continue the duel. Your opponent has asked for a response to Decatron's summon. Do you have one?
Mr.GX: http://i.imgur.com/2KRoRkl.png
Mr.GX: and I'll continue th duel
8Infinity8: I will give you 30 seconds to respond to the summon or you will receive a loss for non-compliance.
Mr.GX: but
Mr.GX: can i shuffle my set cards?
8Infinity8: No.
Mr.GX: so, you are indirectly promoting this...[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Urthor    10235

Unsportsmanlike conduct isn't the perfect word to be used in the policy docs I'm fairly sure, creates lack of clarity with stuff like djinn side out agreements etc, if something better like "negative" conduct could be thought up that'd be neat

But if you think that sort of behaviour should deserve a penalty in a competitive environment you don't have your head screwed on straight.  

Itweety played him and got him good, that's it.  That's like mind crushing your opponent if he shows you his draw before he puts it down on the table, it's 100% his own fault and he should take full responsibility for screwing up.   

Deceiving someone is a valid way to win and should stay that way, just like breaking djinn agreements should be legal.  Otherwise you'd be penalising people for saying "yeah my facedown isn't mirror force" when it actually is

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

ensane    163

I'm sure the fact that argument reminds me of the "it's your fault you got raped" arguments are completely coincidental.

This is not the same as what you're describing, unless you really feel like malicious intent is not a factor. It's him faking that he is conceding, then saying "oh but that wasn't really an 'official' concession."

This is the same argument people used when their opponent calls "BLS" off mind crush and they try to get out of pitching their BLS-EOTB (before the support obviously).

EDIT: Like really why are there mentions of unfair trades and concealing the field in policy docs if these "technically legal" tactics are condoned?

Careyious    21

Case and point of why you don't do a damn thing differently until after they've pressed the admit defeat button or left the game. They are the only two official forms of an opponent accepting defeat and saying GG is not one of them. I think that one is partly your fault ensane. 

Deceiving someone is a valid way to win and should stay that way, just like breaking djinn agreements should be legal.  Otherwise you'd be penalising people for saying "yeah my facedown isn't mirror force" when it actually is

I feel like there is a certain degree of difference between deception and what people normally mean by "mind-games" (going through the grave, extra, etc). Deception by intentionally feigning the actual process of admitting defeat is rather unsportsmanlike behaviour because it goes against how players are expected to conduct themselves (sticking to the traditional concept of sportsmanship). Particularly after the Hoban and the Double Djinn debate, I feel like how yugioh players conduct themselves is kind of worth establishing and enforcing because at some point all these "mind-games" don't add anything positive to the game and makes the game unpleasant to play. 

I'm sure the fact that argument reminds me of the "it's your fault you got raped" arguments are completely coincidental.

The major difference is that nobody's forcing you to reveal all of your cards.

You wouldn't do that at YCS, why would you do that online?

It's a really arrogant thing to do, while it's unsportsmanlike in the same way that Double Djinn was unsportsmanlike, everybody should already know that Yugioh players can be utter savages. 

Anyway, it doesn't make a lot of sense from the admin perspective.

Babysit over this, and then what, let take-backs on "misplays"? It's only going to add queue calls over people making poor decisions and other people capitalizing on them.

These calls are also the ones with the biggest headaches :/

• Upvote 1

theamatuer    89

Apparently on DN this is okay and not unsportsmanlike conduct at all. For anyone that likes to troll for no reason.

8Infinity8: iTweety hasn't technically done anything illegal. The duel had yet to end; you revealing your own cards presumptiously was a fault of your own. iTweety, I do not in the slightest condone your behaviour and will strictly advise you against it should you wish to avoid trouble in the future. Should I see fit, I can have this result in a penalty if you continue to behave like this. However, Mr.GX, the duel had not ended yet, regardless of what your opponent had said to you. It was you who made hasty
8Infinity8: I believe I've made it clear that I do not condone this action. There is a difference in circumstance to this and others thinking they can intentionally abuse situations like this.
8Infinity8: I won't ask again: continue the duel. Your opponent has asked for a response to Decatron's summon. Do you have one?
8Infinity8: I will give you 30 seconds to respond to the summon or you will receive a loss for non-compliance.

so did you win

NB96    860

so did you win

iTweety won the match 

Soul    7941

wow what a faggot. isnt this the qliphort dude who only posts in infernoid now? 

~NeoArkadia~    2794
Priestess with Eyes of Blue is now legal on DN for OCG+TCG Rated and other formats other than TCG Rated.

Enjoy playing Blue-Eyes, guys.
  • Upvote 1

Soul    7941

Unsportsmanlike conduct isn't the perfect word to be used in the policy docs I'm fairly sure, creates lack of clarity with stuff like djinn side out agreements etc, if something better like "negative" conduct could be thought up that'd be neat

But if you think that sort of behaviour should deserve a penalty in a competitive environment you don't have your head screwed on straight.  

Itweety played him and got him good, that's it.  That's like mind crushing your opponent if he shows you his draw before he puts it down on the table, it's 100% his own fault and he should take full responsibility for screwing up.   

i think you are the one who doesn't have it screwed on that tightly. then again, you are the same person to condone pat's tactics. once again, ethics & competition do not have to be mutually exclusive of one another, contrary to the popular belief of pizza faced white teens who get boners at the thought of topping a ycs. 

• Upvote 10

ensane    163

Case and point of why you don't do a damn thing differently until after they've pressed the admit defeat button or left the game. They are the only two official forms of an opponent accepting defeat and saying GG is not one of them. I think that one is partly your fault ensane. 

I feel like there is a certain degree of difference between deception and what people normally mean by "mind-games" (going through the grave, extra, etc). Deception by intentionally feigning the actual process of admitting defeat is rather unsportsmanlike behaviour because it goes against how players are expected to conduct themselves (sticking to the traditional concept of sportsmanship). Particularly after the Hoban and the Double Djinn debate, I feel like how yugioh players conduct themselves is kind of worth establishing and enforcing because at some point all these "mind-games" don't add anything positive to the game and makes the game unpleasant to play. 

so did you win

Just to be clear, I was not one of the players dueling. Hence why I'm not in the chat. iTweety won. It would be hard not to after seeing 5 cards in your opponents hand in the situation they were in.

ensane    163

Yeah no matter how crappy the deck is, I'll always love it.

nVmfxvh.png

• Upvote 2

»Tygo    14141

So this happened today.

HvHcok7.png

and as a result:

aqPx8EX.png

My ass hurts.

• Upvote 11

iFocus    309

yBsEK3k.png

The field was 2 cards set a faceup Kozmotown, Faceup Emptiness and Dark Destroyer. He had 2 or 3 cards in his hand.

I drew deca for turn. When he revealed the cards, there was a Warning, Terraforming set. Maxx c and WickedWitch in hand and just because I know those cards doesn't mean a garanteed win when I have 3 cards in hand including Decatron and that's all. I just made him respect me because he was gullible and used it. Not my fault. I did it to show him people will do what it takes to win. Better watch out. 

To be fair I haven't did that trick on DN in a very long time and I also was going to win through that even if none of that happened.

• Downvote 29

yBsEK3k.png

I just made him respect me because he was gullible and used it. Not my fault. I did it to show him people will do what it takes to win. Better watch out. 

To be fair I haven't did that trick on DN in a very long time and I also was going to win through that even if none of that happened.

stop

• Upvote 1

AK-48    70

yBsEK3k.png

The field was 2 cards set a faceup Kozmotown, Faceup Emptiness and Dark Destroyer. He had 2 or 3 cards in his hand.
I drew deca for turn. When he revealed the cards, there was a Warning, Terraforming set. Maxx c and WickedWitch in hand and just because I know those cards doesn't mean a garanteed win when I have 3 cards in hand including Decatron and that's all. I just made him respect me because he was gullible and used it. Not my fault. I did it to show him people will do what it takes to win. Better watch out. 

Good lord you are such a tool.
  • Upvote 4

mark    3105

yBsEK3k.png

I literally don't understand what happened or what you're trying to say/prove, but you sound like a big boy now 

iFocus    309

What rank was I. Guess I'll take a week off and comeback.

:P

Permabanned btw.

• Downvote 15

»Noelle    5849

Tairone you're not told this enough, especially when you tag a trillion people you barely know in your Facebook statuses including myself, but please take my advice and understand it's in your best interest at the moment to shut the fuck up.

• Upvote 2

iFocus    309

not even sure who i'm tagging that I don't even know..?