knives1990    262
I now think the simulators kill DN in terms of testing/technical play mastering. it just takes so long to resolve all these cards, constantly making sure you give your opponent time to respond, waiting for an admin when there are so many common disputes, etc. I feel bad for those who play DN because of this. Just seems like such a huge hassle to have some fun :/

902    1773

Problem with DevPro is that no one good actually uses it and it doesn't represent real life yugioh, which is what DN is supposed to do. DevPro is flawed because it tells you when your opponent has Warning/Maxx/other cards that force you to play around them.

• Upvote 6

»Digbick    7263
Devpro has too many glitches too. It doesn't let me use a certain card at a certain time

knives1990    262
There are problems with all of the yugioh games. If you want a real life experience, nothing can compare to real life dueling. It really depends what you want to get out of it. If you're trying to learn a deck or practice technical play, I think the simulators like devpro are better because you actially learn. They are also much faster so you can get multiple games in. Also while not ideal, you can just play infinitely against the AI.

Personally, as a guy who doesn't travel to events outside of a random regional here or there, I gained way more from playing those games than I ever did on DN. They helped me hone my dueling skills and I saw the payoff: I was able to top 8 a regional after not being able to do so for almost 2 years, then make day 2 at Nats; an accomplishment I had not been able to achieve before.

Now I get that people like yourself are just on a different level than a player like myself. You probably get more out of DN than I would, and therefore view it as the better testing tool

LukeRandi    233
Devpro also lets you cheat in matches. Save the replay of g1, open it during siding, look at their entire deck and side accordingly. Do the same after g2 (in case you ever lose a game), and look at all the sided cards.
The replay feature is crazy, i had someone tell me "why u play that snake, noob" when i didn't even show a partnaga g1.
And the userbase is pretty toxic, at least the "high rated". Whenever you have a combination of 2 hand traps you get called a "fucking sacker", "ofc drawing all the outs" (doesn't matter that the remaining 4 suck). Might have been just those german players though, maybe some aren't toxic.
  • Upvote 1

website is bad    2172

DevPro is actually just pure shit. Like I don't think a simulator that holds your hand and will sometimes just not let you do shit you're legally allowed to do is anything close to "good" for grinding technical play lmao. like you'd get a lot more sitting alone in your room goldfishing shit out from that angle, and that's even faster than dueling!

• Upvote 2

knives1990    262
What works for some doesn't work for others. One is on your phone that you can play basically whenever the fuck you want... For reference I played the iPhone version that hasn't been updated since OCTOBER 2014, all the way up to 2015 nationals as basically my only testing apart from locals. Like I get there's bugs and glitches but it just did not fucking matter because I could play it on my phone. I already said others will like DN more, just please get that through your head

Berdversary    181

DevPro is actually just pure shit. Like I don't think a simulator that holds your hand and will sometimes just not let you do shit you're legally allowed to do is anything close to "good" for grinding technical play lmao. like you'd get a lot more sitting alone in your room goldfishing shit out from that angle, and that's even faster than dueling!

pretty much this, the only unique thing devpro has is the ability to kill time with tag duels with a buddy

and even then you experience bullshit like ancient leaf x3 leading to some Gishki Tarantula OTK or S0 + Infinity + Xyz Override board

+Urthor    10229

Devpro doesn't teach you to see plays.  It auto reminds you about what you can do.  Training wheels essentially

LukeRandi    233
"Anything you want to chain? Check the grave, there's a breakthrougg"
"We are in the End Phase, please use that damn Scarm that you forgot about."
  • Upvote 13

knives1990    262
It's hard to stop replying. Its useful for learning a deck and nailing plays. How else are you going to know what to do if you have no one showing you?

Also, I see you guys still aren't acknowledging the most important factor here: Phone vs Computer. I mean seriously get a grip. Maybe some of you don't have a job or something otherwise taking up your free time, but a game on your phone you can pick up and leave any time. You don't really have to dedicate time to doing that, it's something you can just play basically anytime you have a spare 15 minutes. You don't have that luxury with DN being on the computer. If I wasn't on mobile I would bold this entire paragraph so maybe you would see it this time
  • Upvote 2

+Paraliel+    8032

The amount of "holier than thou" attitude in this thread has reached critical mass

Let's turn this thread back into "man can an admin come help me please"

• Upvote 2

Justin.    735

"Anything you want to chain? Check the grave, there's a breakthrougg"
"We are in the End Phase, please use that damn Scarm that you forgot about."

Honestly there really isn't anything wrong with a program like this. MODO basically runs on the same principle, and a lot of people actual like it since all the triggers are automated and it helps you to remember them when playing irl.
  • Upvote 2

~NeoArkadia~    2794
The Monarch Cards from the "Emperor of Darkness Structure Deck" are now TCG Legal.

That means:
- Ehther the Heavenly Monarch
- Erebus the Underworld Monarch
- Eidos the Underworld Squire
- Edea the Heavenly Squire
- Lucius the Shadow Vassal
- Mithra the Thunder Vassal
- Landrobe the Rock Vassal
- Berlineth the Firestorm Vassal
- Garum the Storm Vassal
- Pantheism of the Monarchs
- Domain of the True Monarchs
- The Prime Monarch

are all now legal to use for TCG Rated. Happy dueling, everyone.
  • Upvote 3

ibGehring+    1409

rjA0KHC.jpg

help me please

What I was more confused about was the gamestate.

It's your turn and he has Tincan with no Kozmo in grave or extra card in hand. Clearly forgetting his Tincan turn 1 speaks volumes for not understanding how his cards work.

Oh, also gunning Scythe before seeing your cards.

And 3 card extra.

You should have seen this coming.
  • Upvote 2

»Noelle    5848

thats literally a gdq donation comment

"hey everyone it's a great day the sun is shining the birds are chirping everyone i ever knew died of cancer great job on trip lakitu skips!"

• Upvote 2

NB96    858
[spoiler]Why not make a Zombie deck instead[/spoiler]
  • Upvote 16

mark    3105

y9aJsb3.png

makes me wonder what he lost his life to, probably a shadow duel while playing 'original non meta' decks