cant see it going any better than any previous ygo online thing they tried, only way i see it being successful if they try go the full esports route which'll never happen

+Urthor    10229
5 minutes ago, welcometointernet said:

cant see it going any better than any previous ygo online thing they tried, only way i see it being successful if they try go the full esports route which'll never happen

I've heard this many many times and all I'll say is that I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing.  If you play the Yugioh console game released last year, and rememeber all the really great DS/PSP games released years ago, you'll know there's actually serious potential here.  

They could screw it up yeah obv that is a thing, but I'd personally treat it like every video game I ever see, and not judge it at all until it's actually released.  Especially with Hearthstone's success, there's probably a serious undertaking at the highest levels of Yugioh that fuck it we should make a succesfull something, anything.  

A PC based version of last year's console game which is basically the old DS games in an updated form, with online play, quickmatch and a leaderboard, is what I would expect.  The devil's in the detail though, it could be that but shit, or it could be really good.  

Konami also told investors that THREE Yugioh video games would be announced in 2016 back in January.  It's currently July and there's not that much of 2016 left to announce three seperate games.  

~NeoArkadia~    2794

Two have been announced.

One is  Duel Links, the mobile phone Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic era game (with Yugi, Kaiba and Mai et al)

Second is Saikyo Card Battle, a freemium 3DS game.

Both run on "Speed Duels" (4 card opening hand, 3 S/T, 3 Monster Zone Fields, and 20 Card Decks and 3 card Extras)

Thirdly is the yet unknown PC/Console Game.

Me.    57
7 minutes ago, Turbo Duelist Cromat said:

wtf why is there still a working dn link>?

What do you mean?

boots88    124

If people have to pay for virtual cardboard they're just going to play Hearthstone.

The last few thousand people that still held out on DN after the first Nihon attack will probably use HS to fill the void.

FVFRYTHFNG    346

Damn, looks like my days of roleplaying as a Hispanic kid on the Duelems Networks are over

:CRY:

1467698532562.jpg

f

3 hours ago, digbick the pickleman said:

At least i dont have to deal with spanish speaking retards ever again

Que?

• Upvote 10

+Gemstone Mine    2600
7 hours ago, Down in Flames said:

LAwu6eG.png

am I the only one who likes the fact that losing dn is a convenience.

• Upvote 2

Ynusgridorh    142
10 minutes ago, Gemstone Mine said:

am I the only one who likes the fact that losing dn is a convenience.

Yes.

»ACP    33422

Although this signals the death of one of the largest dueling simulators, don't forget that it also signals the death of one of the largest Yugioh forums. I would encourage you guys to get your friends on DN to join DGZ and assimilate with us. Remember guys, we could use some new life blood here.

• Upvote 15

+Jazz    5387
19 hours ago, digbick the pickleman said:

http://xerocreative.com/downloads.html

Old skool times boys

Have any Mac users tried to install YVD lately? Last time DN went down I couldn't get it to work.

AlMacuby    96

I started printing Metalfoe and Blue-Eyes proxies. On the up side maybe my testing circle will use this to meet up more often, always using DN because it's more convenient only benefits the part of your Team/circle that already actively plays while the people who only play passively or for specific events never get to talk about current developments, trends, card discussions etc

Also no more DN screenshots, I somehow need visualized decklists when reading about something new.

+Jazz    5387
On 7/5/2016 at 10:03 AM, ACP said:

Although this signals the death of one of the largest dueling simulators, don't forget that it also signals the death of one of the largest Yugioh forums. I would encourage you guys to get your friends on DN to join DGZ and assimilate with us. Remember guys, we could use some new life blood here.

Shit, it appears DNF is already disabled.

Let the DGZ renaissance begin.

+Jazz    5387

Makes me wonder whether this whole DN drama was an elaborate plot by rei/ACP to boost the value of the site in light of the recent sale.

So much conspiracy.

»ACP    33422

Illuminati confirmed.

»Pharaoh Atem    15772

your king once again does dark work.

Me.    57

I'm not going to be the first person here to download that. Can someone confirm that it's legit? And is there any chance of it getting popular?

Just now, Me. said:

I'm not going to be the first person here to download that. Can someone confirm that it's legit? And is there any chance of it getting popular?

it's legit, but it's also not worth downloading. It's been around longer than DN has.

• Upvote 2

SrkyBoy    27

I played that shit super long ago, game had anime cards  and it was impossible to play vs good players lol

».ben.    7438

I think the "3rd party" bit is extra hilarious.

But I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner, to be honest.

Everyone go play hearthstone. I need people worse than me.

• Upvote 1