Jump to content

Recommended Posts

petqwe    286

DuelPortal server is down, i can access the site but it just says "The server is temporarily down" :(

 

also fuck silverlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ynusgridorh    142
9 minutes ago, petqwe said:

DuelPortal server is down, i can access the site but it just says "The server is temporarily down" :(

 

also fuck silverlight

It's working fine for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SrkyBoy    27

this duelportal thing is super glitchy, you should just wait for new DN to get finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Me.    57

It told me that I need to have silverlight to view the page. So I downloaded silverlight and restarted my computer. Now it's still telling me I need to have silverlight to view the page.

 

edit: works in firefox, but not chrome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ynusgridorh    142
3 hours ago, SrkyBoy said:

this duelportal thing is super glitchy, you should just wait for new DN to get finished

Is there a new DN in the making? Cause DuelingBook is just a troll job made by Xteven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petqwe    286
31 minutes ago, Me. said:

It told me that I need to have silverlight to view the page. So I downloaded silverlight and restarted my computer. Now it's still telling me I need to have silverlight to view the page.

 

edit: works in firefox, but not chrome

Chrome said they don't support silver light since whatever version I forgot 

 

So yes use Firefox. If I remember correctly safari is also a no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Me.    57

They have like 10000000 fan-made cards, but doesn't even have the 2nd wave of igknight monsters (cavalier and veteran), I think I'll just take my chances with duelbook.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Jazz    5379

Just because it's online doesn't mean it will get momentum and establish a player base. It needs:

1. To be easy to use.
2. To provide a better gaming experience than YGOPRO.

DuelPortal fails at both

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Silver    1011

tbh the thing about DN that made it broken was that I was able to search card texts of ocg cards to start building stuff. anybody know a website that I can use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ynusgridorh    142
10 hours ago, Me. said:

They have like 10000000 fan-made cards, but doesn't even have the 2nd wave of igknight monsters (cavalier and veteran), I think I'll just take my chances with duelbook.

You can always create your own cards.

I'd love DuelingBook to take over from DN too but unless you can convince Xteven to make it a real website, it won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TINA FEY    700

Haven't played in a year and a half.  Would like to get back in the game next season (after worlds, I guess.)  From what I gather there is no decent online alternative and nothing slated to be released soon.  Is that all correct?  I see some troll-lookin' pages when I scroll through this thread but nothing viable.  

It's weird people believe that online players, "pros," etc. don't' contribute to Konami's bottom line.  I want to play this game again and the way to go about it is online -> real play and not the other way around. Without an online testing-ground there is zero chance I put a cent in Konami's pocket whereas before, though mostly online, I was still prompted to chip in for tournament entry fees at the occasional local and purchase the occasional tin/structure.  

And, not to be the doomsayer since I know a lot of people hold the opinion:  this game cannot continue to flourish without an online method of testing.  I'm sure that's not an uncommon thought.

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boots88    124
On 25/07/2016 at 5:33 AM, TINA FEY said:

And, not to be the doomsayer since I know a lot of people hold the opinion:  this game cannot continue to flourish without an online method of testing.  I'm sure that's not an uncommon thought.

Competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't flourishing. 

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a strong brand, that's about it though. Product is always going to sell because cashed up normies and casuals still associate it with something from their childhood and some how people under the age of 15 are being introduced to this game. 

But this is a terrible competitive game and it was never meant to be a competitive game in the first place. The same can be said about MtG but at least it grew and adapted to a maturing playerbase, changing market, consumer culture and technological landscape. Yu-Gi-Oh! is anime merchandise that surpassed it's intended life cycle. Konami doesn't care about the competitive playerbase and that's reflected in product design, game design and tournament support. Just look at ACP's 100 reason list if you want to see how Konami doesn't foster an environment for competitive play. Yu-Gi-Oh! as a product is successful and it always will be when they slap blue-eyes, kaiba or yugi on the front of sealed product, they don't need us.

The majority of players don't care about competitive play either, at every regional and YCS less than half the field are taking it "seriously" otherwise there would be a lot more interest in the ARGCS. People just want to play their pet deck at their locals, get their participation packs and don't care about testing online.

The people that understand the strengths of DN are a minority and Konami doesn't care about us.

 

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indignation    2858
On 7/24/2016 at 3:33 PM, TINA FEY said:

Haven't played in a year and a half.  Would like to get back in the game next season (after worlds, I guess.)  From what I gather there is no decent online alternative and nothing slated to be released soon.  Is that all correct?  I see some troll-lookin' pages when I scroll through this thread but nothing viable.  

It's weird people believe that online players, "pros," etc. don't' contribute to Konami's bottom line.  I want to play this game again and the way to go about it is online -> real play and not the other way around. Without an online testing-ground there is zero chance I put a cent in Konami's pocket whereas before, though mostly online, I was still prompted to chip in for tournament entry fees at the occasional local and purchase the occasional tin/structure.  

And, not to be the doomsayer since I know a lot of people hold the opinion:  this game cannot continue to flourish without an online method of testing.  I'm sure that's not an uncommon thought.

I'm in the same boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»Satchmo    3222

I don't understand, what does that mean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boots88    124

Do we know if there's a way duelingbook will have some loophole that stops NAS from issuing a C&D order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
»Noelle    5848

were the guys saying its a scam to get login info proven wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ynusgridorh    142
14 minutes ago, Monahan said:

were the guys saying its a scam to get login info proven wrong?

I've talked to the guy who made the website. It's not a scam, it's just a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Me.    57
6 hours ago, Monahan said:

were the guys saying its a scam to get login info proven wrong?

All we got are some pictures saying "Hey guys, here are pictures showing our process to looking similar to DN.", which technically doesn't prove anything. People just assume it's legit because it looks like too much effort for a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ynusgridorh    142
On 04/08/2016 at 3:24 AM, Junior Bucks said:

Co7ER2zUEAEZ-kN.jpg 

 

Some Tea. Duelingbook Speculation!

I know this server. I uploaded pictures on it. I still can since it's still up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Me.    57
19 minutes ago, Jazz said:

How is this link any different than duelingbook.com?

It had the login screen yesterday.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×