Me.    57

requesting for acp to be replaced by a wizard.

»ACP    33421

Something that I have been thinking about is the idea of creating a procedurally generated online TCG. The algorithm itself shouldn't be too complicated. Might do a proof of concept video soon and see if it gets people excited enough to develop it with me.

+Gojira    1707
51 minutes ago, ACP said:

Something that I have been thinking about is the idea of creating a procedurally generated online TCG. The algorithm itself shouldn't be too complicated. Might do a proof of concept video soon and see if it gets people excited enough to develop it with me.

Sounds very interesting.

I think you'd want to drastically change the collecting aspect to take advantage of that though. Like, what if cards were actually really rare? You generate enough so that people can build similar decks with entirely different cards, but have to trade/grind for cards slightly more powerful than the norm.

Not a good example, but maybe  2 mana 3/2s and their variations are common enough (different abilities etc), but 2 mana 3/3s are generated much less often.

»ACP    33421

Yeah you have exactly the right idea.

Digbick    7266

idk why scrubass shitty naga duelist think devpro is way better than dn. dueling on devpro is a nightmare, too many bugs, incorrect ruling, and program crashes too much. Tried to do some testings with friend and siding doesnt work at all cuz the program crash when we go to siding screen. smh

• Upvote 3

NB96    859
1 hour ago, RZR_DigbickThePickleMan said:

idk why scrubass shitty naga duelist think devpro is way better than dn. dueling on devpro is a nightmare, too many bugs, incorrect ruling, and program crashes too much. Tried to do some testings with friend and siding doesnt work at all cuz the program crash when we go to siding screen. smh

I'm glad it's not just me with this same problem on the sidedeck screen.

boots88    124
12 hours ago, RZR_DigbickThePickleMan said:

Because the average person wants to play red-eyes OTK and beat 50 card dark magician decks. They don't care about things like the proper construction of chain links or grinding against good players in preparation for a YCS.

• Upvote 3

On 9/9/2016 at 3:32 AM, boots88 said:

Because the average person wants to play red-eyes OTK and beat 50 card dark magician decks. They don't care about things like the proper construction of chain links or grinding against good players in preparation for a YCS.

Yep sounds like unranked Dueling Network to me. That is what you are talking about right... RIGHT?

NB96    859

Wow people who say "gg" before the game is over are the most obnoxious opponents ever. So annoyed I lost to that sacky fuck

• Upvote 3

boots88    124
On 11/09/2016 at 11:13 AM, Chumley said:

Yep sounds like unranked Dueling Network to me. That is what you are talking about right... RIGHT?

I'd rather deepthroat a cactus than play against randoms in the unranked DN server. 

• Upvote 6

Digbick    7266
19 hours ago, NB96 said:

Wow people who say "gg" before the game is over are the most obnoxious opponents ever. So annoyed I lost to that sacky fuck

gg noob to ez 

• Upvote 1

The_Be(a)sT    967

holy fuck, devpro sucks.
played few games and I lost more to the Devpro than to my mistakes. And I make a crapload of mistakes.

the best one happened yesterday: I open the nuts, my opponent drops maxx c, thinking that can stop me. I'm super excited as I can actually make alsei, add droll and summon durandal for pretty much game....but devpro says no... it ends my turn cause time limit.....

Almost threw my laptop out of window...

• Upvote 4

The_Be(a)sT    967

anyway, I'm having this problem. 
Every time I want to watch replay, I need to check Debug or it won't even load. And even if I do, it only lasts for few seconds then crashes. It usually doesn't get any further than first turn.

Anyone experienced the same problem?

Daybreaker    23

It's to do with the settings and there is a way to make it run faster for your system so time limit is less of an issue I can't remember exactly what the settings changes are but a bit of googling should help you. I experienced what you did it at the start but you get used to it I actually have no problem with it now my advice would be to just keep playing on it.

• Upvote 1

no its just straight up wank, the game fudges you over so often its not even funny. There should be some sort of pause or rewind thing, or better confirmation button, or something to stop it crashing whenever you try to make a move, its just awful

• Upvote 2

+scuzzlebutt    23501

ygopro is fine and it's hilarious that someone seriously doesnt want to play it because they cant deal with the time limit rofl. like what do you think hearthstone players do, quit out of the client the instant the time limit runs out on them and hit the forums complaining?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

website is bad    2172
2 minutes ago, dennis frogman said:

ygopro is fine and it's hilarious that someone seriously doesnt want to play it because they cant deal with the time limit rofl. like what do you think hearthstone players do, quit out of the client the instant the time limit runs out on them and hit the forums complaining?

dont you know nozdormu is the strongest hearthstone card

+scuzzlebutt    23501

infact i dont because i dont know the name of any hearthstone card at all

• Upvote 2

website is bad    2172

635951433674747708.png

• Upvote 9

Souji Seta    673
On 9/29/2016 at 6:13 PM, dennis frogman said:

How can you even compare the two? 

1. YGO has a much bigger decision tree than Hearthstone, and much more options when it comes to interacting with your deck, your opponent, etc. that take up much more time. 

2. You're comparing a game where you go off on turn 1 and make huge boards playing multiple cards, whereas in Hearthstone, it's slow-paced right from the start. And even so, later turns still revolve around playing 1-4 cards unless you're playing some combo deck like Miracle Rogue or MalyYogg Druid.

+scuzzlebutt    23501

not saying the time limit should be the same across all games, just that playing to a certain standard of speed should always be the goal, regardless of if its in the rules or not. think about the fucking tournament staff. you can literally set the devpro time limit to 99999 seconds is that not enough for u?

• Upvote 1

YGOPro salvation will soon have a manual dueling mode for people who miss the style of DN, we are hoping it'll be ready for release around the end of this month.

• Upvote 16

»ACP    33421

If that happens, you guys would become the default dueling program.

• Upvote 1