DukeLukewarm    121
On 10/2/2016 at 0:03 AM, dennis frogman said:

not saying the time limit should be the same across all games, just that playing to a certain standard of speed should always be the goal, regardless of if its in the rules or not. think about the fucking tournament staff. you can literally set the devpro time limit to 99999 seconds is that not enough for u?

I'm pretty sure you can blame the OCG for the time limit in YGOPro since it's still basically localized Japanese software. I remember slow play rules in the OCG being stricter than in the TCG, and 3 minutes for a turn being the general standard. 

Axle    1217
7 hours ago, YGOPro Salvation said:

Leaked screenshot of manual mode during testing, the avatars will be imported from our forum:

Hide contents

6819970558.jpg

Looks good but what's the plan on supporting it?

Will there be a ranked system setup like DN with judges and such, or are you just going to put it in for people to play-test with people they can trust. 

This is something currently being debated among our staff. First let me clarify that our ranked play is in the form of tournaments; There is no "rated pool" with a ladder however we do have a ranking ladder for our tournaments.

If you remember, DN only had judges for ranked play and as it stands right now that's our plan. Tournament matches will have ruling (or cheat, afk etc) disputes settled by an appointed judge but for unranked play it will be up to the players to sort it out between themselves. That said, if both players are in our discord chat you could of course ask for input on your situation, there just wont be admins coming to your match to give a ruling and hand out punishments.

Note that the details of this system are subject to change as our staff continues to debate over what we need to provide and what's best/fair for the admins and duelists alike. Outside of ranked play for things like your opponent searching 5 pieces of exodia, flaming with very colourful language none-stop and other toxic behaviour you could report them in our ban and appeal forum and they may be banned based on the evidence provided in your post meaning there will eventually be less toxic players to potentially play against in unranked manual play.

+Urthor    10229

Players can just use warring as a substitute for ranked play as well.  That was the original point of wars at the end of the day.  

• Upvote 2

»Tygo    14128

I know it's probably not remotely close to something the developers should care about but having no ranked within pro itself would mean so much traffic for these boards and all owners should probably advocate for it.

Quote of Salvation's owner regarding ranked play:

We decided against it.

Very very long conversation spanning a year. Under no circumstances will we have ranked play that based on single "random or pooled" matches. Everything will be tournament based. We would like for the tournaments to be automated tho.

The way DN did ranked is not a representation of real world play, and caused many social issues in the community.

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5332
18 hours ago, YGOPro Salvation said:

YGOPro salvation will soon have a manual dueling mode for people who miss the style of DN, we are hoping it'll be ready for release around the end of this month.

Cool. How far off is Mac OS compatibility? Or at the very least a version that works with Wine, because the current version does not.

Me.    57
6 hours ago, Urthor said:

Players can just use warring as a substitute for ranked play as well.  That was the original point of wars at the end of the day.  

I would participate in dgz warring if there's no rated pool.

Conspire    2391

The benefit and drawback of random matches having no implication is that players can just leave. This is good because if your opponent doesn't know rulings or is in some other way a total loser to play against you can just leave and not be penalized for valuing your time. On the other hand if you win the roll and go first and your opponent just leaves that can suck and ruin the experience somewhat.

As someone with a busy schedule looking to potentially get into yugioh I am very interested in an online platform that would let me build and test decks with my friends online.

11 hours ago, Jazz said:

Cool. How far off is Mac OS compatibility? Or at the very least a version that works with Wine, because the current version does not.

Too far off to give an ETA as I'm currently focused on linux since it's a system I'm actually familiar with and shouldn't take that long to sort out. I will begin work on an OSX release as soon as the linux version is ready.

»ACP    33421

I personally thought ranked play was one of the most poorly executed parts of DN. I applaud the decision to nix it.

»Barron    7988

Looking forward to this. I've been on hiatus on playing ygo since DN went down. Tournaments & warring can be fun.

• Upvote 1

Bref    276

Is there a simple online simulator with rating and lots of players where you can create an account and play on rated with the current banlist? (I'm not interested in tournaments)

Apparently devpro doesn't work anymore, someone told me to download ygopro percy, I downloaded 2 different links but in the deck edit the last TCG banlist isn't even updated (and the whole thing is a weird mess).

Zayelion    97
1 hour ago, Bref said:

Is there a simple online simulator with rating and lots of players where you can create an account and play on rated with the current banlist? (I'm not interested in tournaments)

Apparently devpro doesn't work anymore, someone told me to download ygopro percy, I downloaded 2 different links but in the deck edit the last TCG banlist isn't even updated (and the whole thing is a weird mess).

Being honest I think those requirements exclude everyone at this exact time. Dawn, DevPro and Salvation are the only ones that have rankings. Dawns launcher and staff make it unplayable its honestly a paywall version of DevPro. DevPro is what you are looking for. Salvation has what you are looking for but a much smaller community and its rankings is done via tournaments.

My opinion on Dawn is somewhat basis considering I'm one of the 4 guys that was working at Dawn that left with 1/3 of its users to create DevPro and then later on Salvation.

My current understanding is that DevPro is active and working. I suggest you stay there.

• Upvote 3

Bref    276

Ranked doesn't work anymore on devpro, that's why I was looking for something similar.

Anyway thanks.

»Noelle    5848

how about we re-purpose this thread into a duelingbook cap thread

• Upvote 1

»Noelle    5848

also should get everyones db names here too, unless we wanna have a dif thread for this.

tbh i just feel nostalgic for this thread and wanna keep it alive somehow

»Digbick    7263

i guess yeah,

also i made a dgz group in db, drop your username if you wanna be added

Jazz    5332

I think it's funny that this thread was started by a user named bestdayevar

SageRhapsody    272

God damn I went back hundreds of pages to look at all the cuddly DN players and all the waiting for admin raging and random ass bullshit and the creation of FUCKING DROPKICK. Holy shit I love this thread so damn much and I love all you crazy niggas. Thank you for making my high-school days incredibly fun and memorable. 

Me.    57

So apparently the password of every old DN account has been leaked, so you should probably change it if you're still using the same one on duelingbook.